My Ally Cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rebekah80

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I did not even think about snagging nails until I saw it on here. Now, I can't believe that I didn't. Oh, well, at least now I know they won't. Oh, I have another question HappyKitty....I saw that a low lipped litter box and non clumping litter was the best to box train the kittens. My question is what's the best brand? I usually get litter that doesn't "dust" because of my daughters asthma. I can't seem to find a brand that I think will be safe for the kittens and non-dusty for my daughter. I also thought of not having her in the house or making her wear a doctors mask. I have a small house so putting her in another room may not help. I had a Momma cat do that to me before as well. I didn't know she was going to have babies because she was long haired, she had them on my shoes!! However I had to help her very little and the Momma box trained the kittens on her own. I am just worried about getting the wrong litter. 

rebekah80

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes actually I did read everything. I was just pointing out that taking temps can be dangerous if you don't know what you are doing and that it stresses cats out.

And she could have been spayed right after she got outside, thus never having this litter, they can be spayed up until a certain point in the pregnancy.

You've also ignored any good advice on getting your male neutered asap apparently? Entire boys spray, and once it's a habbit it's not always broken, disgusting to have in a home this is aside from the risks to your girl getting pregnant again.
How did I ignore the advice when he is at the vet???? 

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never, ever come across instant neutering appointments what a wonderful (or unbusy) vet you must have. I'm glad he's being fixed and hopefully will be kept away from the female for the appropriate length of time.

rebekah80

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I was lucky and when I called they had someone decide to go with someone else, from what the receptionist said. So I took him in, they want to watch him and then fix him, because I rescued him from a dumpster. I got him his shots but he is a real high strung boy and they want to make sure he will handle the procedure. I told the doctor about Ally and he said that Boots could stay there a little longer than normal. I have been keeping them apart because my Ally girl doesn't want him around. I have been thinking of finding a good home for him. I was hoping that they would be friends (Ally and Boots).So while he is away I am going to home hunt for him. He is a great boy! Sweet and loving, but young and Ally doesn't like how hyper he is. I am hoping with her own kittens it'll be better.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They should both settle down and may tolerate each other better once both are fixed, hormones play a huge part in how cats can act towards each other.

Hope his op goes well and he recovers quickly. 

happykitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes, it is very possible that he will settle after the procedure when his hormones change, you never know.  But you are the one who decides what level of disharmony you can handle at home, although I try to encourage people to do everything they can to keep their cats if possible. 

It sounds like you have already heard how terrible clay clumping litter can be for kittens, some have even died from it blocking intestines and lungs.  Nonclumping litter is best.  I have heard that corn litter without any additives is ok too, although I have not personally used it with kittens yet  It is the sodium bentonite that is so dangerous. 

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Make sure you get an unscented litter. Cats don't particularly like scented things, plus they're usually a lot dustier than the unscented kind. I got the Walmart brand Special Kitty non-clumping litter when Goldy's kittens were little. It does have some dust, but less than others I've tried. One thing you can do is take the litter pan outdoors to pour the litter into it. That way a lot of the dust blows away. You'll still stir up some dust when you scoop, but maybe not as much.

Keep us updated on her progress. And take :pix: We love kitten pictures. :love:

rebekah80

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well, still no kittens. I can feel them moving though. It's so cool. Sometimes I can even see them moving. I found a good home for Boots. While it was very hard to say goodbye to him, because I rescued him and made him healthy again, I know it was the best thing to do for Ally and Boots. Ally is going to get fixed as soon as I can get her in. Thank you for the advice and suggestions on the litter. I appreciate it. She is approx 63 days and counting. Gotta love the waiting game!! 

How is Cami???

rebekah80

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh my gosh she looks exactly like my foster cat, Camille, who's also pregnant!! How crazy!

Here's Cami:

I also don't know how much longer Cami has, we'll be playing the waiting game together!
How is Cami???

lindz2785

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Cami is STILL pregnant! I've had her for two weeks now and have been able to feel AND see them moving around in her the whole time. She's very full of milk and seems so uncomfortable. She's been laying in her nesting box all morning and is very restless. I *hope* today is the day! :)