My 5 month old kitten always acts like she is starving

werecat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, l have many kitty babies and have experienced this same situation. I wormed my overly hungry cats, twice according to my vets' directions. It made a real difference in their appetite. My vet also checked them for thyroid disease. Hope this is helpful[emoji]128568[/emoji]

pit of pets

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Like others have said, she may not be getting enough food. I have had a similar situation when I had two kittens (brother and sister) the boy is healthy and very fluffy while the girl is very thin. I have noticed that almost always shortly after every meal she comes meowing wanting food. I started paying close attention to what happens when the food is put down. They'd both start eating, but she'd only take a few bites then runs off to play a little before coming back for more, over and over. The boy however just sits there eating while she's run off, so naturally, every time she gets back, there is less and less food, until finally there's nothing left to eat and she's still hungry! This was a pattern and that was simply her eating habits. I was so worried she'd be malnourished so when it's meal time, I'd lock her in a separate room and give her her own bowl (I tried giving them two separate bowls at meal time, but the boy finishes his then goes after hers) I sit with her and every time she starts to get distracted I gently pick her up and show her the bowl again and she would immediately start eating. I keep repeating until she's full. Doing this for a few times actually helped her fix her eating habits a bit. Hope this helps!