my 2 week old kitten is constipated

gemm

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hello I have a 2-week-old kitten given to me when he was 5 days old I have been bottle feeding him and doing what should be done to make him pee and poop and doing what I should do to make him safe happy and healthy he is peeing and only pooped about 4 times and when he did it was not much his tummy is swelled I been putting olive oil in his formula and Pedialyte but even doing that he is constipation I read about enemas for kittens and giving them pumpkin I don't want to harm him I would appreciate advice

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Add 2-3 drops of olive oil to each feeding. You can buy infant glycerin suppositories and shave off a tiny piece with a point on it and insert into the anus. It will usually bring on a poop (with stimulation) in about 20 minutes. It’s not uncommon for kittens on formula to become constipated, but does need resolving.

Keep us posted!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gemm

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Add 2-3 drops of olive oil to each feeding. You can buy infant glycerin suppositories and shave off a tiny piece with a point on it and insert into the anus. It will usually bring on a poop (with stimulation) in about 20 minutes. It’s not uncommon for kittens on formula to become constipated, but does need resolving.

Keep us posted!
thankyou

gemm

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
thankyous for your advice I've been taking care of him my very best :redheartpump:and my other cats are jealous but they will adjust:redheartpump::alright: there all my babies :redheartpump: maybe someone can tell me if I sit my 2-week baby kitten in a bowl of warm water for a few minutes could that relieve his constipation he means so much to me and my other ones too :redheartpump:but it hurts to see his little belly swelled but he seems ok he seems to enjoy me rubbing his belly he did pass gas on my hand :blush: is that a good sign
:redheartpump::redheartpump:

gemm

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Were you able to get infant suppositories? Passing gas is helpful, yes.
not yet I am going to go to rite-aid soon but I'm kind of scared to do that what about liquid suppositories for babies and before I do that if I put his bottom in warm water for a few minutes could that help him

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The glycerin suppository is harmless. Glycerin is very soft, but if you are not comfortable with this you’ll need a vet to administer an enema.

gemm

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The glycerin suppository is harmless. Glycerin is very soft, but if you are not comfortable with this you’ll need a vet to administer an enema.
I understand I will get Glycerin thankyou :redheartpump:

gemm

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hello, so my 2-week-old kitten's little eyes seem to be black, not blue sometimes it looks kind of blue is this normal I want to do my best on raising this little one and for all my babbys but I did not ever raise an orphan kitten when I received him his cord was on his belly his eyes and ears were not opened now cords off eyes and ears are open :redheartpump: :)