My 19 year old, Muffin, passed away April 12, 2023šŸ˜¢šŸ˜¢

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Babypaws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So sorry to hear about the passing of your uncle, seems like when it rainsā€¦it pours. May they both be at peace along with my girl, Muffin.šŸ™šŸ»

gohabsgo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi,Babypaws.im just going through all the wonderful responces i have received about my Dallas.You have 11 indoor cats.Wow lol how do u keep up with food and kitty litter.How many litter boxes do u have?.u must be scooping 24/7.lol.Thanks for being so great.

Babypaws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Iā€™ve heard you should have a litter box for each cat plus one extra thereā€™s no way I can have 12 boxes in my house. I have 7. I have 5 cats that sleep upstairs, the rest stay downstairs so it takes me well over an hour each morning to clean litter boxes, feed them and give fresh waterā€¦i donā€™t even want to figure out how much I spend on food, I feed them both wet and dry.
They certainly keep me busy but maybe itā€™s a good thingā€¦if Iā€™m busy I have less time to think about my losses.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
My poor little baby passed away at home, on my lap on April 12. I had posts about her the past few weeks. She had lost her appetite and stopped eating on her own. Had taken her to the vet and they did blood work, told me it looked like she was near stage 3 kidney failure. I couldnā€™t get her to eat the Hills a/d foodā€¦I had to feed her by hand. They had given her fluids under the skin which seemed to help her bounce back for a few days then she got worse. I didnā€™t want her to go, I had her since she was 6 weeks old but I didnā€™t have the courage to have her put to sleep. I kept her comfortable and was giving her some food and water by hand for a few days til the day came when it was her time to leave me. At least she was in My arms when she passed. I think of her everyday and thru out the day for a few seconds I think itā€™s time to feed her and I see her empty spot where she would sleep in the kitchen. Sheā€™s buried in our back yard along with my other pets who have passed. I miss her but I also feel relieved itā€™s overā€¦I was so stressed trying to feed her etc. I have 11 more heartaches to face with my other cats but they are younger
(4-13 years old). They become part of the family and itā€™s so hard when we have to let go..
šŸ˜¢šŸ˜¢
I'm so sorry,I'm sitting here crying like a little baby,my deepest sympathy to you and to everyone here who shares the grief and sadness of loosing our beloved companions in life..... truly
Oh how I'd love to say it gets better in time but it really doesn't,we just accept it and life does go on,still that part of our hearts they filled always miss them
As I was reading where you mentioned a sort of relief from the very hard task of trying to feed your baby I related immediately,my Cheech was a beautiful orange Hemingway,in the end I was force feeding him with syringes,I felt I was torturing him at that point - it was horrible,he was the best friend I ever had,my boy.....it's 7yrs and no less painful,I miss him terribly,4 babies since Cheech & I must say that all four combined do not make one Cheech......
Again,I'm truly sorry for your loss
That was my boy,my friend,my Cheech

Attachments

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you..hereā€™s a better picture of her before she got sick. She was my baby girl, after having her with me for 19 years it seems so empty without her now.
Rip Little Muffin- she was so beautiful,no doubt she's even more beautiful now and will be waiting when it's your turn to go HOME.19 wonderful years with a loving,kind and loyal friend- you both were sooooo Blessed for nearly 2 decades together. God Bless you today and everydayā¤

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Iā€™ve heard you should have a litter box for each cat plus one extra thereā€™s no way I can have 12 boxes in my house. I have 7. I have 5 cats that sleep upstairs, the rest stay downstairs so it takes me well over an hour each morning to clean litter boxes, feed them and give fresh waterā€¦i donā€™t even want to figure out how much I spend on food, I feed them both wet and dry.
They certainly keep me busy but maybe itā€™s a good thingā€¦if Iā€™m busy I have less time to think about my losses.
It's true,1 box per cat plus 1 more- Honestly,at the number of cats and boxes you have it's purrrfrct because you clean them diligently- really.As you know with multi-cat household there's always a couple of boxes they use mostly and some hardly get used so it's basically having the " options" are what is best for cats.... Same goes for feeding stations,more places,more options greatly reduces & can even eliminate territorial issues- sounds like you have it all in order,so nice to know there are terrific,loving & responsible carers out there,warns my heart
Yep,staying busy sure helps to think less.....šŸ™ā¤

Babypaws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It's true,1 box per cat plus 1 more- Honestly,at the number of cats and boxes you have it's purrrfrct because you clean them diligently- really.As you know with multi-cat household there's always a couple of boxes they use mostly and some hardly get used so it's basically having the " options" are what is best for cats.... Same goes for feeding stations,more places,more options greatly reduces & can even eliminate territorial issues- sounds like you have it all in order,so nice to know there are terrific,loving & responsible carers out there,warns my heart
Yep,staying busy sure helps to think less.....šŸ™ā¤
Thank you for your kind words. Doesnā€™t seem possible my little Muffin has been gone 6 weeks now. I still think of her when I go in the kitchen where she would sleep, there are moments I still think ā€œitā€™s time to feed herā€ or whenever I use olive oil because I would give her a little and she would lick it up. Made chicken salad today and thought of her because i would give her some plain chicken when I cooked it. I had mentioned in one of my replies, that for all the pets Iā€™ve had i my entire life she was the one I had the longest, had her since she was about 6 weeks old and fell in love at first site. Her sister had passed5 years ago and I had the cutest little Tiger cat that passed 2 years ago, he was only 11 months old.
itā€™s heart breaking..I wish I could hold her again but we all have to take it day by dayā€¦my oldest cat now is 14 years old, the others range from 3 years to 6 years old..
im sorry to hear about your loss of Cheech šŸ˜¢. In the picture, it looks like you have another cat in the background.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for your kind words. Doesnā€™t seem possible my little Muffin has been gone 6 weeks now. I still think of her when I go in the kitchen where she would sleep, there are moments I still think ā€œitā€™s time to feed herā€ or whenever I use olive oil because I would give her a little and she would lick it up. Made chicken salad today and thought of her because i would give her some plain chicken when I cooked it. I had mentioned in one of my replies, that for all the pets Iā€™ve had i my entire life she was the one I had the longest, had her since she was about 6 weeks old and fell in love at first site. Her sister had passed5 years ago and I had the cutest little Tiger cat that passed 2 years ago, he was only 11 months old.
itā€™s heart breaking..I wish I could hold her again but we all have to take it day by dayā€¦my oldest cat now is 14 years old, the others range from 3 years to 6 years old..
im sorry to hear about your loss of Cheech šŸ˜¢. In the picture, it looks like you have another cat in the background.
Oh my,I understand completely- Muffin was that very special one that you just click with immediately and forever.....they're all special but then a Muffin comes along,isn't that right,hard to go one day without all those reminders all over the place and with everything we do....
Yes,BP-:that's Graycie in the background,a little feral TNR I took home from the Vet the very year(18yrs old) I knew was going to be Cheech & I's last year together- couldn't bear the thought of an empty home.....All these years & I'm in tears right now missing my boy
I'm sorry,I'm supposed to be comforting you---- Missing him terribly so I share your heartache my friendšŸ˜¢