My 19 year old, Muffin, passed away April 12, 2023😢😢

Babypaws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My poor little baby passed away at home, on my lap on April 12. I had posts about her the past few weeks. She had lost her appetite and stopped eating on her own. Had taken her to the vet and they did blood work, told me it looked like she was near stage 3 kidney failure. I couldn’t get her to eat the Hills a/d food…I had to feed her by hand. They had given her fluids under the skin which seemed to help her bounce back for a few days then she got worse. I didn’t want her to go, I had her since she was 6 weeks old but I didn’t have the courage to have her put to sleep. I kept her comfortable and was giving her some food and water by hand for a few days til the day came when it was her time to leave me. At least she was in My arms when she passed. I think of her everyday and thru out the day for a few seconds I think it’s time to feed her and I see her empty spot where she would sleep in the kitchen. She’s buried in our back yard along with my other pets who have passed. I miss her but I also feel relieved it’s over…I was so stressed trying to feed her etc. I have 11 more heartaches to face with my other cats but they are younger
(4-13 years old). They become part of the family and it’s so hard when we have to let go..
😢😢

Attachments

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yes, each and every one of them is a member of the family, a miracle in fur.......
I am so glad you had her in your life for 19 years, I am also glad she passed away at home, in your arms, surrounded by those she loves. There is often a feeling of relief, especially when we think that it may have gotten so much worse. That the suffering would go on and on. She lived a long and happy life full of family and love. She will always be a part of your very soul, always as close as your thoughts and prayers. she lives on through your beautiful memories now, do not mar those memories dwelling on her end. There were so many more happy ones.
We have no choice but to go on into the future without them, but they would want for us to live each and every day to the fullest and seek life's joy and beauty. Because that is love.
her love is safe. She is at peace because of it. It permanently resides in a secure spot in your soul, growing even bigger, even stronger with every new love that resides beside it. She left you a beautiful legacy, a legacy of what it is to love each other so much.
My heart cries for your pain. Time is the only thing that helps soothe the pain of loss. Take care of those remaining little ones and yourself, they need and love you so very much......RIP precious Muffin. You will never be forgotten, you will always have a secure spot in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Babypaws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh yes, each and every one of them is a member of the family, a miracle in fur.......
I am so glad you had her in your life for 19 years, I am also glad she passed away at home, in your arms, surrounded by those she loves. There is often a feeling of relief, especially when we think that it may have gotten so much worse. That the suffering would go on and on. She lived a long and happy life full of family and love. She will always be a part of your very soul, always as close as your thoughts and prayers. she lives on through your beautiful memories now, do not mar those memories dwelling on her end. There were so many more happy ones.
We have no choice but to go on into the future without them, but they would want for us to live each and every day to the fullest and seek life's joy and beauty. Because that is love.
her love is safe. She is at peace because of it. It permanently resides in a secure spot in your soul, growing even bigger, even stronger with every new love that resides beside it. She left you a beautiful legacy, a legacy of what it is to love each other so much.
My heart cries for your pain. Time is the only thing that helps soothe the pain of loss. Take care of those remaining little ones and yourself, they need and love you so very much......RIP precious Muffin. You will never be forgotten, you will always have a secure spot in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!
Thank you again, di and Bob..you had responded to me after I had posted when my little man (Tiger) passed away in March 2021.

Bless you for your comforting words.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Muffin, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

What a lovely, long life she had with you! But...where there is love, an eternity is not enough, is it? This I know, Muffin live, breathed and had her being wrapped in your love. Almost from the moment she began This Adventure, until the moment she took that first step through the Gate between This Adventure and her Next Great Adventure, you were there. And when she passed through that Gate, you sent your love with her to guide her way. Now, from her home in That Place Where All Things Are Know, she blesses you, and she sends her own love for you, translated and purified into Love, back to walk with you down through all of your days. Because Love abides. Always, forever, Love abides.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My poor little baby passed away at home, on my lap on April 12. I had posts about her the past few weeks. She had lost her appetite and stopped eating on her own. Had taken her to the vet and they did blood work, told me it looked like she was near stage 3 kidney failure.
I'm so sorry for your loss.
She was a lucky cat, she was with you, on your lap, the safest place in the world, when she passed away. She was in comfort, she wasn't afraid, she was surrounded by your love, your body, she thought she was going to sleep and dream a sea of love and good food.
She will be with you always.
RIP sweetie!

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Oh, I'm so sorry to read this. My heart goes out to you--it's hard to lose them when they've been a beloved family member for so long.

I'm glad you have other kitties to comfort you, though I know it doesn't make the loss of Muffin any easier. Rest in peace, sweet girl. :rbheart:

catdad61

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry for your loss,
The love of a cat is a very precious thing, they love you because they feel you are deserving of it. The love you have given your 'human' will remain a part of their heart and soul until you meet again.
Rest in Peace Muffin.

Babypaws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you, all. I can’t believe it is already one week today that she passed. Think of her every time I walk in the kitchen and expect to see her laying in her bed.
Still doesn’t seem possible she’s gone. 😢😢

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My sincere condolences :hugs: 💕 It is understandably hard and you are definitely not alone in that regard. She was such a beautiful girl!

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
On your lap at 19 years. harder to imagine a softer passage, if it must happen.…we all know it’s part of the bargain but as has been pointed out here, it’s never ever long enough, and somehow we always forget during the course of knowing them how long it will last. it’s not fair. It never is. But it sounds as if you were a good and loving cat owner, to celebrate 19 years with Muffin. Long may she wave, in your heart, forever.

gohabsgo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear about Muffin,i also lost my cat Dallas on April 17th and i had her for 19 1/2 years.I am heartbroken,sad,lost,walking around in a haze,cant sleep right.We will get throught this i know how hurt you are but we gave them a beautiful life.thinking of everyone who has lost a furry friend.

Babypaws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you..I am so sorry you lost your Dallas a few days after I lost my girl. At any age when we lose one of our little furry babies it’s very hard but when we’ve had them for so long it’s horrible. I keep thinking she’s still in the kitchen. It’s still hard to believe she’s gone..I’m grieving for her but at the same time I’m relieved because for the last few weeks she was alive I was under so much stress from her being sick and other stressful things going on In my life. I tried my best to help her, I didn’t want to lose her but I am so grateful when it was her time she was at home and on my lap.
Was Dallas your only cat? I have 11 more, lol..all indoor cats and 10 were from litters born in our shed..they range from 3 to 6 years old. Muffin was the prettiest , all the others are either all black or all grat..I love them all, they each have their own personality.
Prayers to you in your grieve, we just have to take one day at a time. 🙏🏻🙏🏻

gohabsgo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank You,i have another cat Habby.Wow u must be busy.im a sports guy Dallas was named after my favorite fotball team the Dallas Cowboys.very stressful times my uncle passed away 2 weeks ago and the funeral is on Monday.Thanks for the message, i hope all your furballs are well.