My 10yr old indoor Cat Has Anemia & abdominal bleeding

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

melsbabies

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wow.... :( they are both so similar... This is alarming to meeee. What do you mean by "condition"

melsbabies

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
And my boy doesn't have it going up to his chest, just along the lower abdominal region.

melsbabies

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They only took the biopsy in one area, not three. I pray that over all they will be able to tell with that one section plus the fluid they sampled what this is.

melsbabies

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I noticed his back legs seem slightly smaller than they were... He's over all a bit mispreportioned. That I will say. He wasn't like this at all before the Vaccine, everything changed once be got vaccinated. :((

janis

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
That's what I meant by body condition. Bud's skin is only leaking in the lower abdominal region. We wouldn't have noticed the area under his chest if he hadn't been shaved. His front leg is alarmingly swollen this morning (I'm in a different time zone) but the swelling in his abdomen has gone down, poor Bud. he doesn't deserve this. I hope the vet comes up with some treatment today. His condition has nothing to do with any vaccine, he's never been vaccinated with anything except once when he was young, not necessary where I live. Jx

janis

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My vet phoned. It's a very rare form of cancer. He could only find one case where a cat had been operated on and it survived 63 days, there is no treatment. That in my book is out of the question, I'd never put him through that. He is not going to get better so he will be pts at home sometime in the next few days but will have Metacam to ease his discomfort until I can come to terms with it but I won't be dragging it out or prolonging his suffering, I care about him too much to do that. Life sucks but we have to do the right thing by them. PS I don't believe that holistic medicine is the answer, it cannot cure cancer. Jx

melsbabies

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh no! :( I'm sooo sorry to hear about buds condition today. I know what you're going through, my heart is heavy for you. This has been my on going situation for almost 3 months now, and my boy has his good and bad days. Somedays he's so alert, playful, etc. you wouldn't even believe he had anything wrong with him... While other days he just sleeps and grooms. I also find it odd that my boy is up at 4am daily trying to wake me up to eat and groom him etc. He was never like this before the blood transfusion. His over all behavior and body condition has changed significantly. I keep a peaceful environment with clean surroundings, fresh water fall for him to drink from, and feed him when ever he wants to eat. I also cut down the dry food, mainly only giving him wet now (grain free) to keep him hydrated. He prefers that.. And eats alot. How's your cats urin/feces? Notice any blood? The doctors online mentioned that there would be traces of blood there when internal bleeding was present. My cats droppings are fine. So this is strictly external. His chest was shaved pretty high up with his abdominal area, and this is strictly going on in his lower abdominal pouch. My doctor even suggested possibly giving him a tummy tuck.. He believes the empty space there is what is causing blood and water to leak down into his abdomen. But he first wants to rule out a few possible causes and is waiting for the biopsy results to do so. So buds leg is swollen today? Hmm... Since you mentioned he isn't retaining abdominal fluid today, I'm assuming the fluid is rotating between his leg/legs and abdomen. Which means the fluid is being retained in that leg today. I haven't noticed my cats legs to be abnormally swollen at any point. Just some fluid retention in the back of them traveling from the belly, but not much. His legs over all look thin compared to the rest of him. His spin has taken a weird shape because he at times can't sit comfortably due to the lower abdomial discomfort, but he then adjust and begins to sit just fine after a few seconds. Can you post pics of your kitty? His tummy and swollen legs?? Check in my previous post, I have shared many photos. You can see how they compare. I too would like to see your cats condition, because I keep being told that this is a rare condition and that they have never seen anything like it. All I do know is that my cat was perfectly fine prior to being vaccinated. He loved getting his belly rubbed, now you can barely go near it without him groning. It's sad. :( I'm doing everything I can for him and will continue to do so. I'm sending prayers and positive vibes your way. God bless.

melsbabies

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is the most recent photo of him prior to his biopsy which was done yesterday. Most of the bruising has gone down, but the fluid and blood seems to keep seeping in that pouch from time to time, and he even attempted to create another wound to try and drain it out. I make sure to clean his wounds with purified water and iodine diluted daily. I just let the wet rag sit on his tummy as I turn him over. He doesn't love it, but definitely is good when it's nice and warm and I talk sweet words to him, letting him know mommy is just trying to help.

janis

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The pic looks just like Bud's abdomen. I didn't read that your cat had had a transfusion, that must have helped a bit. Bud's leg is swollen because it can get into the lymphatic system, it's not like the fluid is travelling round his body. It can start anywhere in the body, with Bud it just happened to show itself in the blood vessels in his abdomen, humans can get this type of cancer too. You really are doing so much for your boy, he's a lucky cat. I'm just spending as much time as I can with Bud, he can't jump onto the sofa now because he is too sore, I lift him up to bed at night, the most he walks is to his food and litter tray but he hasn't poo'd today, they've been small and dark up till now. He still has an appetite and hasn't lost any weight. It's so sad because there's nothing wrong with his head, just his body is letting him down. Jx. PS I can't figure out how to upload puc and have to go out now. Jx

janis

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Bud's still here. He's had Metacam and I heard him calling me, went through and he's sitting on top of the coffee table in front of the fire! Then wolfed down his food and had a drink. Lovely to see him moving around. Metacam obviously helps make him feel better. Jx

melsbabies

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Actually, the blood transfusion made him WORST. Oddly.. Even the vet had no idea why his blood dropped after the transfusion. It went from 15hct DOWN to 12 when I went to pick him up. It was crazy. I was so upset. All of the blood went straight to his abdomen. They had no explanation for this. I don't know how it cleared up from what it was to what it is, other than my faith and countless prayers. Miracles happen to those who believe in their power. When my cat was constipated, I have him Pure pumpkin (canned) and it helped him poop within a day. You should try Sirenging it to Bud. It's so sad to hear that all of this is happening to bud. What's Metacam? Tell me about it. And no, homeopathics may not be able to cute cancer, but they sure can prolong a cats life with cancer caught in the early stages. They also can make them feel much better without having to worry about aweful side effects, like the ones most conventional meds come with. I would look into this if I were you, take it from me.. Hampl saved my cats life thus far. He was really not looking well and I was told by all the last vets he seen to put him down... And I have helped him make a Miraculous recovery with these homeopathic meds. They have been a true blessing to me as well as him. I feared the worst taking place... And I can honestly say I almost gave up completely... But between God, my mother, and that Look of LIFE in his eyes, I just knew I couldn't put him down. It wasn't his time to go. He has alot of life in him, and he depends on me to do whatever I can for him, and that's what I'm doing. Obviously if I felt he was suffering greatly, not eating or using the rest room, etc. basically slipping away... I probably would consider putting him down as my last act of kindness to him.... But I am not knudged because I know God wants to resurrect him from these side effects, and use him as a testimony for his glory. I am keeping my steady faith in this, and I know those fluids and that skin will be clean and free of terminal disease, and that he WILL HEAL from this. Thank you for the compliment.. I adore him with all of me.. So it's only natural to try and take the very best care of him that I can with what I have.
To think, I just took on another challenge.. But this one was sent by God. Just two almost 3 weeks ago, I went to shop at Petco, and about two minutes into timing me up, I went to return my basket, and that's when I saw the little eyes of a New born kitty, about 2 weeks old.. Sitting in the rack of baskets. Someone abandoned her there. :( how sad, right.. She could've been hurt! Luckily I checked, normally I just throw it down. Can you imagine? Well, ironically she has almost the same markings as my boy, ADD.. But she's a girl... And I just lost my only girl out of my three in June to renal failure. Now I not only have a girl, I have one that looks like my boy.. Add.. And it just breaks my heart to see him this way... I want him to get better.. Noone can take his place, but she certainly was a little blessing sent to me in that store that day. God has a plan! Things like this don't happen without there being purpose behind them. These are little miracles... With meaning. I really didn't need another challenge at the moment, but I embraced her, because I knew she was meant to be mine. I felt an attachment the moment I laid eyes on her. :)

janis

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
How cute is she...and what a lucky kitty to find you. It was meant to be. Metacam also called Meloxicam. I don't know what the equivalent is in your country. I'm in the UK. it's a prescribed anti inflammatory with pain relief. I was preparing myself to call the vet in the morning but if Bud is comfortable I may not yet. However, we'll just have to take it day to day. To see him at the moment relaxed on the sofa and responding to me when I speak to him and touch him gives him back to me for the moment. Tomorrow is another day. Jx

melsbabies

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I see... Well thank you for the compliment. You're a sweetheart. :) We are lucky to have each other.. She does alot for me right now just by being herself. She's my little God sent angel. I pray that Bud is feeling comfortable today.. It's heartbreaking to know of his diagnosis. Please look into all of your options online, do not just rely on the advice of the Vet, they are people too and don't know everything there is to know. Others have different opinions and suggestions that may suit bud better. Read other cases like his, and see what others have done. Have a wonderful day... God bless. We shall be intouch. -Mel

melsbabies

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The Doctor just called and said they found High levels of Bacteria in the fluid that came from his abdomen. They recommended putting him on Antibiotics. I mentioned that I have 7 pills of Marbofloxacin that I haven't used, they are 50mg.. And they told me to start him on them, so I just gave him half a pill since the recommended dose is 1.25mg per pound of body weight. My cat is roughly 16 lbs... So that's around 20mgs... He's between 16/18lbs so even if I'm a little over, it's fine. Don't know why the doctor who wrote this perscription recommended 50mgs for him. That's too much. I will see how he does on half.. I'm monitoring him all day. I pray to God that this is just an infection and will go away with antibiotics. My homeopathic Doctor from Hampl created a natural antibiotic for him, and sent it.. I am looking forward to receiving it. Once I do, I will continue with that medicine. I wish I had it now instead of this, but knowing there's bacteria in there, I had to give him something and the Vet recommended I start him on Marbofloxacin. So We'll see! [emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]10024[/emoji][emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]10024[/emoji][emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]10024[/emoji][emoji]10084[/emoji][emoji]128591[/emoji] please angels send your good vibes this way to my boy! [emoji]10024[/emoji][emoji]128588[/emoji] I would appreciate it. I'll keep you posted.

sarah ann

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm so happy you finally have a diagnosis! I suspected this was a bacterial infection all along. My cat with allergies will rip his face apart itching. The skin gets infected and oozes blood and fluid. It looked similar except your cat is much worse.

I recommend septiderm V skin care bath. It helped clear up my cats infection. Only your cat has to tolerate baths!

melsbabies

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
@saraann Thank you for the recommendation. ;) due to his open wounds, I don't think bathing him would be a good idea, but I will certainly look into the product. I'm willing to try anything that works. So far so good...no bad reactions to the Marbofloxacin, so I'm happy! He is just laying on my bed, relaxed! I will keep you all posted. Still waiting on Biopsy results.

janis

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sadly this morning after a bad night of pain and discomfort I said goodbye to Bud. He is free of pain now and his spirit is still with me. I hope you get better news for your boy. Jx

melsbabies

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh no!! :'( that just broke my heart. I'm so sorry @janice. His spirit will always be with you.... Always. If he was suffering and in great pain with this, then you made the right decision... It was your last act of kindness... I am praying as well for good news.. So far, the antibiotic has worked wonders, and I only have him his first dose.. The pouch has changed in color. I am about to dose him again, gotta make sure his tummy is full first. I am praying for you... You have bud 12 yrs of joy and I'm sure he was a very happy kitty and lucky to have you too.. He's in heaven with our creator now. At peace, a peace none of us know. And someday we shall return and I believe we will see all of our loved ones again. Stay strong. [emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]10024[/emoji][emoji]10084[/emoji] Wishing you peace within your heart, and solice. ~Mel

janis

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for your comforting words. I am keeping my fingers crossed that your boy's biopsy doesn't show cancer and happy to read that there has been an improvement and hope it continues. Bud was on antibiotic injections but with no lasting affect, his body was fighting everything and trying to heal but the cancer was too aggressive. It was extremely rare and none of the 3 vets who saw him had ever encountered it in their lifetime. I hope their experience of it now will raise their awareness and experience should they ever be presented with any other animal with the same symptoms. To anyone reading this whose cat has a similar red raw area on the abdomen oozing fliud get it checked straight away and don't accept the possible diagnosis if there is no improvement. My vets were wonderful but it took 3 visits within a week before a biopsy was done, other possibilities have to be eliminated before going along that route. A week wouldn't have made any difference to the outcome but it feels twice as long when you don't know what's wrong. I expect, like me, you have had many sleepless nights worrying about your boy. Jx

Status
Not open for further replies.