music taste

nena10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The most famous mariachi band is called Mariachi Vargas. They play with just about any mexican singer. They have won a big award in a show called Premios Lo Nuestro(means Our Awards) or something like that.

illusion

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I like the song "Cancion Del Mariachi" by Antonio Banderas and Los Lobos. It's from the movie Desperado.

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Chee..... You and I must have the exact same musical tastes!!!

I love all the stuff you mentioned!!!!! Yaaaaay 80's!!!!

kari

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have to put a plug in for my absolute favorite - which hasn't been mentioned yet. I love Ani Difranco. Her lyrics are always so true. My other favorites are Tori Amos, Sarah McLachlan, Bjork, PJ Harvey... I'm into female voices lately. I also enjoy Tool and NIN among others.

melissa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Right on ! Another NIN fan
It goes without saying, usually, that if you're into NIN, Tool is among your faves somewhere. Maynard James Keenan doesn't look anything like I pictured when I started listening to Tool, hes a cutie

donna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favorite music is Jim Brickman (solo piano), Phil Coulter (piano), Enya (piano, vocal), Aerosmith, AC/DC, Beatles, Bob Dylan, Arlo Guthrie.

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hey bud,
....does Heath Ledger sing? :laughing: if so....uh ya...love it, that's one of my favorites...... :LOL:
(just kiddin' of course, guys, I know he doesn't sing. ) Or DOES he?

airprincess

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
there's talk that Enya just might tour. She's never done that before. I think it would be awesome to see her.

I said it once and I'll say it again, the new Pink is awesome!!! go buy it1

bodlover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oooo oooo I keep forgetting to buy Pinks album!! Must remember....*writing it on forehead*.....(you make me sick.....do do do do do do....
ooops, just to clarify, I'm singing the song!! no-one makes me sick!! ha ha )

buttercup429

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I like Ministry, Tool, Incubus, Machines of Loving Grace, Corosion of Conformity, Black Sabbath, Jefferson Airplane, Kittie, Deftones, NIN, ect.

buttercup429

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I went to a party thrown by Trent Reznor on Halloween at his Garden District mansion when I lived in New Orleans. He's a complete jerk in real life!!! Sorry to let anyone down.

melissa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh! Don't destroy my fantasy of Trent
You actually went to his house? Wow. I bet its really awesome. Details! Details!! Why do you say he was a jerk?

nena10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does anybody like classical such as Mozart, Beethoven, or Tychosky? I love the songs from Swan Lake, Sleeping Beauty, and the Nutcracker. I like the Marriage of Figaro. I really do not know the names of most of the songs, just the way they sound. I bought an album by Lucinny(opera singer) because I thought it was a Christmas album. Turns out the only song was O holy Night. But I like the songs anyway. I like the way he sings Ave Maria. I also enjoy gospel music. And cathedral music(organ)! Really beautiful!. Donna, I like Enya too.
Does anyone have the album of Jonathon Livingston Seagull by Neil Diamond. Its really neat. Sounds of the waves always calm me.

billchamb

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yep, there's classical fans here, too!

Beethoven Piano & Orchestral Works, Mozart Symphonies, Strauss Waltzes and BIG Bach Organs, as well as a few stray pieces of Berlioz, Moussorgsky, Holst, Suppe, Schumann, Tchaikovsky, Dvorak, Wagner...

It resides in my music collection alongside the others I've previously posted...

Vocal/choral pieces are beginning to have more of an appeal to me (lately)

Bill

buttercup429

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's a big, white, Antabellem(sp?) manson with wrought iron fencing. I only saw part of the inside of the house which for the most part was restored to look like it had way back when with lots of antiques, fancy ceiling medalions, chandaliers, and vases. The old ball room ,where the main party was, had a huge sound system, big screne tv and a bar which we all helped ourselves to. There were people wondering around diff. parts of the house but they where friends of Trent's. I wasn't really allowed to look around alot though I did end up in his kitchen looking for the bathroom. Trent spent most of the time upstaires with his friends and didn't socialize with his guests. So why did he have a party? When he did come downstairs for a little while he snubbed most people and overall acted very highhanded. Like we should feel blessed by his slitest glance. I asked some of my friends there who had also ran into him and went to his parties; they all agreed he was always a jerk. Anything specific you want to know about his house? I always love to talk about my time in New Orleans. Oh yeah, he also has the coolest courtyard with fountains, vines, banana trees and angel trumpets( a type of flower that smells really good)!

mr. cat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've a sure-fire way of getting egomaniacs back onto solid ground: It's called military service! Be they female or male, poor or rich, old or young, a few years spent doing what one's told (or else) can help otherwise-misguided individuals. Well, it's a nice dream anyway!

:tounge2:

=^..^=

catarina77777

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I'm a huge jazzer from way back, but I love fusion. Rock Fusion, Funk Fusion...it's sort a reminds me when different races mix...the babies are soooooooooo gorgeous.

Guitarist's run with my heart since that's what I play and forget about it; my list can go on forever! :LOL:

There's little that I don't like except for thrash, rap and country. I don't find them interesting musically, due to being a musician for quite some time...

I do love the classical artists and one of them being my favorite is Rachmaninov, Puccini, and Strauus. There's many beautiful opera singers that have crossed over to pop that are quite intriguing.

Thanks for letting me ramble on! :laughing2:

Cat

melissa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rap is interesting if you pick the right artist. Linkin park incorporate rap in their music and they are brilliant!