Mum cat keeps biting her 3 day old kittens.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by ShanghaiC

OH NO! I let her out this morning to get some exercise, she is a ball of energy and really needs to run around and pounce, she was crying to go out, I think this helps her relieve the stress because she went in and took care of her babies without any problems.

She seems to be most aggresive at night and early mornings.
I would not let her outside again until she has been spayed.

Katie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shanghaic

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
GOOD NEWS!!!!! We had a really good night last night. Its the first in 2 days that Neve (Neh+ Vee) did not bite her kittens at all, Im crossing my fingers that she has calmed down and will no longer hurt the little ones. I have been locking her out of the room for approx and hour and a half in the mornings when she got too rough, I suppose this helped? She seems to have taken a little interest in her toys again so I scattered them all over my room and the living room so she could take a break from the kittens, I also moved her litter box and her wet food out of the room so she could take longer breaks from the little ones. My vets advice scared the hell out of me and made me more determined to keep my little darlings out of harms way. Unfortunately for me, we can not keep any of them, but I really want to enjoy them for as long as I can, they have brought so much joy into my life since they were born, I couldnt bare to lose one just yet.

They are a week old today, their eyes have not opened yet and they still sleep a lot, when do they start getting more active, I cant wait to start playing and cuddling with them as I have such a short time with them?

I would like to thank all of you for your advice and support it really helped a lot, if I didnt come here first my darlings would probably not be here.

Charmaine

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ShanghaiC

GOOD NEWS!!!!! We had a really good night last night. Its the first in 2 days that Neve (Neh+ Vee) did not bite her kittens at all,
What great news! Neve is lucky to have such a loving Meowmie!