Muffin - Bad news vet visit today

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We are struggling. One meal he eats, the next one he is messy. I think I am going to set him up for a blood panel as the vet suggested to see if something else is going on. I can't see really where changing the pred. from every third day to twice a day and increasing the thyroid med to twice has helpled much.

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have been watching Muffins progress.  Our hopes sure are on a roller coaster.  Please know you are in our thoughts and prayers. 

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, I never know what to expect. Today he has eaten every thing I have offered him. So I will see how tomorrow goes. He did a little sneaky last Many of you know that my cats, Muffin and Mattie are not indoor cats. They live in a fenced in area in the day time or on my screened in porch. At night they come through the kitchen to the garage where they spend the night. When we came from church yesterday, I turned them on the porch. Late evening, the fire siren went off and my husband went out on the porch to listen and look at what was happening. When he came back in Muffin sneaked in with him. He then went outside to his shop and stayed about thirty minutes, not knowing Muffin had followed him inside. I was upstairs in my own private room at my computer. I stayed about thirty minutes and came downstairs and went in the kitchen. I heard something and when I turned around Muffin was following me into the kitchen. He enjoyed thirty minutes of stolen time inside. I never heard him until then. I think he might have been asleep in one of the dining room chairs. Little Rascal:lol3:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sounds like a good day today, Barb! :) I do hope this continues! Pretty cute his sneaking inside that way, the little rascal! :lol3: More vibes for your boy :rub: :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I wanted to give an update on Muffin. He is finally eating well. It has been some over a week since his thyroid medicine was increased. I think this has helped him turn the corner. His thyroid was checked in January when he had his annual and the blood work showed it was on the high end of normal. A full blood panel was not done at that time because he had recently had one. We were thinking we might do one again if the appetite didn't improve. Now whenever the vet thinks it is the right time, maybe we can wean him down on this steroid again. It sure makes for a full litter box to clean because of the steroid.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am finally going to post this here so all my Cat Site friends can know what is happening with Muffin. Two weeks ago, he went for a vet check. His appetite had fallen off enough to cause concern. My vet wanted to do a full blood panel. Everything was fine except the liver numbers which had gone up high again. When the vet was feeling and examining him, he felt something so he went ahead and did an x-ray. He says Muffin again has an abdominal mass, which shows up larger than the one that was removed last year in May. We decided then that Muffin was not going to have any more surgery. So our instructions are to love him and keep him eating no matter what. Muffin eats Purina UR wet and dry. For now he is still eating that although I have to mix in Fancy Feast to keep him eating. His prednisolone has been increased and he is getting that in the morning and evenine. He also is still taking the thyroid medication. We do not know where the mass is as we have done no further testing. The vet did palpitate his abdomen and says he is not in pain. Please send some positive thoughts and prayers for us.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OH Barb..... :sniffle: I am sooooooo sorry to hear about the xray showing a new mass. You and Muffin have fought the good fight getting through so much together. I will pray for you to try to just live in the moment right now and enjoy each one that you have left together to share. I will hope for many moments too. My heart is very, very sad for you, hun. :hugs: :cross: :vibes: :hugs: :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

Last edited:

darcifinn

Jax & Audie
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hugs and kisses to you and your baby.   Muffin sure is lucky to have you as a mommy.  I am sending good vibes and prayers to all of you.   In Muffins honor I will not fuss at my kitties for bugging each other.

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Barb, I had been hoping for better news.  

Take it one day at a time.  We do all we can and in the end, we have no regrets.  You certainly have stepped up for Muffin boy.  No stone was left unturned. 

I pray he keeps eating and enjoying his life.  Please take care of yourself too.  This is so draining I know.

God Bless you and comfort you.  Muffin is in good hands with you.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks for the concern and prayers. You guys are just the greatest in the world. This is the third time that I have depended on the support I get here. When I lost my Max in '05, he was my soul mate. I was looking for peace and found this site. Then when we lost Speedboat, once again you stepped up and comforted me through all the tears and heartache. Now this is happening again. Believe me, what I get on this site has helped me so much when I needed a big shoulder. Thanks everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.