Movie or Video Reviews

airprincess

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Has anyone seen 'Best in Show'? I finally saw it on sunday on HBO. It was LMAO funny.

alicat613

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh, I've been wanting to see that!

Last weekend, we rented "Rat Race". I thought it looked really stupid, but my boyfriend wanted to rent it, so we did. It was actually really funny. Totally brainless comedy, but the whole thing was sooo funny! Definately a great non-thinking movie!

falling_rain21

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The Mothman Proficies was a pretty good movie. And recently, I saw Snow Dogs with my friend and her little one...it was entertaining for the kids.

melissa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anybody seen 'Driving in Cars with Boys' ? I rented it tonight. I usually like Drew Barrymore's acting, so hopefully its a good one.

I LOVED the movie Rat Race. Rowan Atkinson (Mr. Bean)is hilarious!!!

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We went to see Time Machine. It never quite got off the ground. I was pretty disappointed. I missed Lord of the Rings at a theatre. I really wanted to see it on the big screen, but will have to settle for a rental.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just had to add that I agreed with you guys...I really liked Oh Brother Where Art Thou.

I also LOVED Rat Race!!!!!!! I laughed so hard, especially when Jon Lovit's daughter pooped out the window, and also when they landed in the war veterans convention and he looked like Hitler!! :laughing:

What a great comedy!!!!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just saw Chocolat on Starz. It is a cute movie, but is more of a chick flick than most guys would care for. Recommed it for the girls.

Lord of the Rings was a fantastic movie - can't wait for it to come out on DVD, and really can't wait for the next two!

alicat613

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Lord of the Rings was awesome! I could've sat through all 3 at once!
But I guess I'll just have to wait.

And Oh Brother Where Art Thou...I had to buy it! We thought you was a toad!
And who knew I liked 'old timey' music so much!?

airprincess

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just saw Beautiful Mind. all I can say is WOW. What an amazing love story. I cried several times.

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We went and saw Time machine last night, and I'd have to agree with the others who saw it, it was disappointing, it got a little better right at the end, but all in all, it wasn't that good.

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was wondering how that one was...I will have to rent it now. Thanks.

bodlover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ok I just saw "Thirteen Ghosts" last night.... and I have to say... (call me a wuss if you must!!) that it really freaked me out!! It had some amazing effects and had me jumping outta my seat more than a few times!!! EEEEKS!!!! Some of the ghosts were a little lame, but OMG there was this one.....:paranoid2 :disturbed !!! It was a great scary film but one I won't be watching again.....eeeee.....(It was only rated a 15 over here, if I'd seen that at 15 I'd have been sacred to death!!!!) Anyone else seen it? Its kinda similar to House on Haunted Hill....

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just recently rented Jay andSilend Bob strike back. It wasn't as great as Dogma, but it had it's moments. I do have issues with movies who over use foul language - there was way too much in this movie.

I saw (didn't like) the Royal Tennebaums. Great cast, odd movie!

Didn't like AI - found it to be very depressing.

Love Fast & the Furious.

Fav movie of all time is a classic Danny Kaye, Basil Rathbourne & Angela Lansbury flick, "Court Jester". I feel that this is one of the funniest movies ever made!

bodlover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ady, I thought AI sucked too, they seemed to drag out the ending for aaaaaages!! I thought it was un-realistic and boooooring, not to mention depressing! Very disappointing, wanted to go to bed halfway through.....

airprincess

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yesterday I rented 'Soul Survivors', 'Joy Ride' and 'America's sweethearts'

I wouldn't recommend any of them. Joy Ride, was probably the most interesting of the 3 and the dvd came with a bunch of multiple endings. that was pretty cool.

bodlover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You know, I went to see Soul Survivors at the cinema not so long ago.... but I don't even have the faintest idea what it was about!!!! hahaha!! Must've been real good...!

(AP - refresh my memory??)

airprincess

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
4 friends from high school are in an accident....3 survive, one doesn't. The whole movie the girl who was driving is haunted by her deseased boyfriend. There is a twist at the end...

does that ring any bells? I didn't want to give away the ending just in case someone here wants to see it.