Movie or Video Reviews

suzerq98

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I was disappointed in What Women Want, although my 21 y/o daughter liked it.

We both enjoyed Bounce. Has anyone seen it? It's a great movie. Warm, funny and real. I would recommend it highly.

smiles....

illusion

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The last movie I saw had to be a 99-cent rental (probably from 1-3 years ago), but it was over a month ago and I've forgotten what it was! Been too busy to watch any movies lately. I don't usually catch movies in the theater.

blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i missed this thread, and since i've been seeing so many good films lately,
i thought i'd reccomend them and see if anyone else has seen them

Duets is a new one out with all sorts of characters, i've seen it twice
in two weeks, and i LOVED this movie
(it's a rental)

the plot was interesting and unique in its way, it was laugh out loud funny and
it had the best music and some wonderful moments

(i already downloaded all the songs from the films soundtrack)

for Huey Lewis fans, he plays a big role in this film, as does Gwenyth Paltrow,
different kind of movie for her, i thought, good choice.

Finding Forrester

this one is with Sean Connery (swoooooooons) and is more of a drama.

amazing acting and great storyline, the characters were interesting and unique,
and i just fell in love with them

all around amazing movie
please go rent it and tell me what you think

last night i saw Chinatown for the first time, directed by one of my
favourite directors, Roman Polanski.

i found that movie to be way too disturbing at the end where a lot of it comes undone.

a good movie, better then good, just too much for me.

what's the last movie you guys saw, or the last one that you loved?

airprincess

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I saw TombRaider a couple weeks ago & I was a little disapointed.

I thought it had great potential, but the editing was weak, and the story was a little disjointed. It does have a lot of action, and the stunts are very impressive. that was the best part.

Shrek, was AWESOME. I highly recommend that. In fact I haven't met a person yet who has seen it & didn't
it

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I so rarely go to a movie anymore, because I feel so ripped off if I don't enjoy it. So, I have been going the video route.

I am currently hooked on Apollo 13. I guess partly because I have a thing for space, etc. But that movie just gets to me because it really happened! I cry my eyes out every time they splash down.

dawnt91

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night my husband and I watched Unbreakable. We were both quite disappointed. We had heard it was along the lines of the Sixth Sense. My brother put it best "It's a bad story told really well."

I'm going to take the kiddos to Cats and Dogs (or is it Dogs and Cats) this week. It'll be my son's first movie in a theater (he's two and half). I've heard it's good, but I have a feeling the cats are going to be the bad guys.

blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hmm... i really liked Unbreakable, i saw it twice, it's strange how people react to it,
they either love it, or hate it...

Deb

i also loved Apollo13 and for the same reasons

i dont get to the theatre much because the chairs kill my back, but i rent movies almost everyday
:tounge2:

i havent seen Shrek or TombRaider, but i'll see TombRaider despite it's bad reivews
just to see Angelina
:tounge2:

dawnt91

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Blue - That's exactly what my husband said. You either love it or hate it. I thought Bruce Willis looked awfully darned old. I was very suprised by the ending though.

illusion

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I liked Unbreakable, but I didn't LOVE it. It was so slow, but when I got to the end it was a forehead-slapping moment, and then I appreciated the whole movie.

Today my sister's friend brought over an old B&W called "Hush, Hush, Sweet Charlotte" with Bette Davis and Olivia DeHaviland. It was pretty good.

I am about to go get the video of one of my all time favorite movies, Freeway, and let my sister's friend watch it. It has Reese Witherspoon and Kiefer Sutherland. I can't describe it, just go, go, go rent it

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I really liked Unbreakable. It was a movie that made you think. I agree it was slow moving, but when you think about it, so was The Sixth Sense. Once again, the ending made the whole thing.

I saw Shrek. My opinion is "don't bother", unless you're taking the kids, and then it's bearable to sit through. Anything's better than PokeMon.

bren.1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really loved Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. It was so refreshing to see new faces, and an un-Hollywood movie. I also saw Memento recently, and although it took a while to figure out, it is a great flick, very unusual, and Guy Pearce is amazing. One of my favorite recent movies has to be Traffic. It really made me consider the truth abouth the illegal drug trade, and Benecio del Toro's performance was absolutely perfect.

chloe111

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
"Unbreakable" was way too slow for me. Has anyone seen "Proof of Life" yet. It was great! For all you women, it's a great movie to watch with a man. The storyline is good enough to interest a woman, yet a lot of action for a man! Besides Russell Crowe is so hot!
Oh and "Pearl Harbor" is reaally good I though. Ben Affleck in that uniform....

bren.1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Although I didn't see Proof of Life or Pearl Harbor yet, I will agree that Russell Crowe and Ben Affleck are something to look at! They are also hugely talented, so I can be justified in seeing their movies, and my fiance doesn't need to know my ulterior motive.
I recently watched Chasing Amy again because Ben A. was in it. It's a funny/serious movie written by Kevin Smith who also wrote Clerks and Dogma. Dogma is hilarious, and you get to see Ben again, but it might offend some people because of its treatment of Catholicism.

threeleggedkat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bren.1; You like Ben Afleck. So, did you see "Bounce"? Do you like Ben Stiller and Edward Norton? Did you see "Saving Grace"? I enjoyed that one a lot. . . .

bren.1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Threeleggedcat, Yes I did like Bounce, but never saw Saving Grace. I think Edward Norton is one of the best actors around. I thought he was brilliant in Primal Fear. Wasn't he also in American History X? I am neutral on Ben Stiller. I am also a big fan of Kevin Spacey. He strikes me as a highly intelligent an funny guy, as well as hugely talented.

michelle

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
not really recently (but this is the only movie I have muchto say about right now) I saw A Knight's Tale with my mom on Mother's day. The story was ok...it was definetly a teenager chick-flick kinda movie. but it had Heath Ledger in it, and he's very nice to look at, so I loved it.
Oh, and I almost forgot! We watched The Power Of One in English class awhile back. I remember being really embarassed cuz I ended up sitting there in tears (one other girl was too, thank goodness) in the middle of class. but other than that, I really liked it. It sent a powerful message out. and I don't think I'll ever forget the quote Mr. Mendenhall made us decipher..."Little beat big when little smart. First with the head, then with the heart." I liked that.

threeleggedkat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bren. 1; Kevin Spacey in "The Usual Suspects" blew me away! If you have not seen it; I highly recommend this "keep you guessing 'til the bitter end" mystery.

Usually I like everything I have seen Kevin Spacey do, but I was NOT fond of "American Beauty" but I don't think it was because of his performance; I just did not appreciate the subject matter!

Michelle; Everyone should see "The Power of One" !!! Don't you think the ending left things open for a "follow-up" type of sequel??? I hope they make one. I cried when I saw it and I was 50yrs old!

bren.1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Michelle, Don't be embarrassed about crying in a movie. I have cried at more movies than I care to remember! I'm sure The Power of One was among them, because that was a great film.

Threeleggedkat, Yes I saw The Usual Suspects many times. It's one of my favorites, I own it, so I used to rewind the ending just to watch the unfolding of the clues, and Kevin Spacey limping down the street at the end.

I did like American Beauty, but I saw it as a satire, not a real depiction of family life. I hope we're not that dysfunctional as a society. Ireally liked Kevin Spacey's character, although he was going through a midlife crisis, I thought he was the one adult who had a chance at being semi-normal.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Chloe....Proof of Life was an AWESOME movie!!!!!! I loved it!!! Meg Ryan and Russell Crowe, really heated things up, though I am glad she(Meg) never actually did anything she shouldnt have....no matter how attracted to him she was..........

airprincess

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
anyone else see this? I saw it last night & I loved it. It's one of those feel good movies, that when it's over your faith in this world is renewed.