Most unusual Kitty names?

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was working in the Kitchens at a Care home aged 15, we used to have a black and white cat live there called 'Mann Mann'.

And my furkids have unusual names also....Shark and Arwen.

jada

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat's name is Skipper and i'm glad to name pets with rare and unusual names, cause i don't like similarity and boredom.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOVE some of these names!

My MIL has a brother and sister pair named Podo and Kodo (after the ferrets in the Beastmaster series).

At my old job they had a resident shop cat officially named "Roadkill" because he was hit by a car outside the shop and they took him in. Most of the time people called him Scuz.

Most of my cats' names are pretty ordinary but I did have one named Monkey because she was just so silly.

sk_pacer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am terrible at naming anything - always bought my horses pre-named, and made a point of finding out barn names so I didnt have to think too hard. Horsemen, being mostly sensible people, call their horses by part of the registered name, plain and simple. I have a HORRIBLE time naming kittens. Named one blue point and white Pansy (momma was Daisy, so it made sense) but the cat never answered to the name. It would only come to Wherezababeeeee. That morphed into Zabbie, a much better name for a tomcat than Pansy.....and yep, he comes to Zab or Zabbie. Another one who was unfortunately coyote food (she was somewhat hard of hearing after an illness) and she was named The Pinto Cat because that is all I could come up with. Her sister is called Hissy - she was 3 before I heard her make any other sound but a hiss. And they just get worse, or at least more boring. Spots - so named because as a kitten, she had 3 white spots on her tail....they are gone but she is stuck with the inelegant name. Furball - that is what he was as a kitten, a furry ball with a giant scab on his bottom lip. He did get a better 'hunter's name' though - Louie Da Lip. Hmmmmmmmmmmm, I should farm out kitten naming.....new ones are Pokey (she is into everything) Taffy, because it is more elegant than Tuffy (she survived a 'bug' infestation, and not fleas) and one as yet unnamed beyond look out kitten

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

Ok Nat, what exactly is the story behind this? Why did her after a fish? (there HAS to be a story!!). I LOVE Trout, btw!
I always thought Trout looked like a trout! LOL.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by RoseHawke

What's the weirdest, oddest, most unusual kitty name you've ever used or that you've ever come across?

For us, it's got to be the cat that lived to be over 21 (indoor/outdoor, grocery store food ... sometimes it works
)

Wooley Booger

My sister named him (I was only about 8 or 9 at the time,) and I really have no idea where she got the name from! I've run across other "Boogers" (I believe there's some on TCS) but never a Wooley one.
It was an accident. When I was filling out the CFA paperwork there was a box to write breed in. I started to write Persian but due to a calamity occuring at the moment, stopped for a while and came back. I looked at what I wrote under breed and advised DW that we no longer needed to come up with a name for Persi.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Julius Caesar...Marshmallow....I was telling my friend at work about what a little bully Marshmallow is. "Well, that's his problem," my friend said. "You don't name a cat Marshmallow."

The next week, I was talking about Marshmallow to the same friend. "You named a cat Marshmallow?" He said in disbelief.

"I told you that last week," I said.

"Yeah, but I thought you were joking."

efrost6

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The name of our 1st kitty is a bicolor persian named "Hairy Potter". Poor little man didn't last very long due to a high level heart murmur (bad...bad breeding by the breeder...long story). We're still sadden by the whole incident. It's been about 2 years now...

Our current healthy himmie is named "Osmo". Not cosmo, not ozmo. But osmo!!!

rumpleteazer

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This one was a dog (but we'll forgive him
) and the dad wanted a tough macho name (cause he was a state trooper) but mom said their son who was like 3 or 4 got to name him. So their all black dog was thus dubbed Frosty (as in The Snowman).

tashaam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I dont know if you would consider this unusual but i recently got a cat and she was already named Truffles but she sisters name is Possum =P

But she just gave birth to a kitten.. Any ideas for a name ?

Seems to be a red/orange tabby

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We had a cat surrendered at the shelter whose name was "Thoughts."

caitsith

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My last two cats , who are both no longer with us
Had unusual names ( I think ) One was called Mr. Struggles, because thats exactly what he was !! And my other cat, i couldn't think of a name right away an she was a really tiny kitten ,so i looked in the dictionary and came up with .. Smidgen, meaning "Small"

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Our kitties in the main have not-so-unusual names except for Lily - her full name is Lili'a nani which is Hawaiian for Beautiful Lily

She truly is beautiful inside and out - she came from a long line of really really good Mummy cats and I'm sure if she had become the breeder's next queen (as was the intention) then she would have been a very caring mummy too

forensic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a Hennessy and a Disaronno, had a Somalia (he was a pretty boy too).

My friend has a Neptune and a Kiki (it came from saying 'here kitty kitty', but the kids said kiki. So she became kiki. I know it's not weird, but it took me months to figure out that was her name and not just 'kittykitty'.
)

There's also a Satan.
And a Crazy. Talk about EARNING your name.

Funniest names I've heard were in college a girl had two mice named Bubbles and Mr. Fishy. Why? Because fish were allowed and mice weren't!

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by flisssweetpea

Our kitties in the main have not-so-unusual names except for Lily - her full name is Lili'a nani which is Hawaiian for Beautiful Lily
We started our cattery in Hawaii, so had lots of Hawaiian Cat names. Our most memorable was "Kaibengals Hau Kea 'Ino". He was a seal mink spotted "snow" bengal.

His name meant "Bengals by the Sea, Snow Storm".