TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We had some friends who named their yellow tabby cat "Goldfish."

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had two sisters named Havoc and Chaos. They earned their names after observing their play which included running at each other from opposite ends of the living room, jumping up, and colliding in mid-air.

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does Fuzz Butt Fuffy Pants count? Its a nickname though, but she does respond to it.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is Squee an unusual name?

In the eighties, we had two kittens (brothers, one was grey and the other was orange) and my brother named them Memo ("mee-mo") and Celery. Memo was supposed to be Gizmo (he couldn't pronounce it right) but I'm not too sure about Celery...

Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

The most unusual is definitely a kitty from here. Trout'sMom named her kitty "Trout." I'd never have thought to name a cat after a fish. But for some reason the name just seems appropriate somehow. Trout is an adorable kitty
I love Trout.

hosman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I had a cat named "Ulthar of Kansas" as a teenager but she ran away. My parents had a cat named "Agent" and now have one named "Tivo".

I think you can find the best names just by picking characters out of Shakespeare`s plays:Othello,Iago,Falstaff,Shylock,Desdimona,Macbeth,Hamlet et. al

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There's a Scottish Fold kitten on Youtube who's name is apparently Bonk!Bonk!Bonk!Bonk! (Yes, with the exclamation points included.) I just couldn't make head or tails out of that one.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My aunt named a stray cat we adopted d'Artagnan from the Three Musketeers. I couldn't live with that, so when we took him to the vet I gave his official name as Shane - after a boy who liked me in the 7th grade.

hammyandwaf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have Squishy Kitten, Lucky Pucky, Smokey Pokey and Baylee Booger. They are not extremely weird but i like them lol .

rumpleteazer

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wow, these names are so creative!

I once told my mom I wanted to get a Rex cat and name it Nair.
And I saw a thing on cats on Animal Planet once with a lady who had a Rex who had named it Uncle Fester.

kitkaturday

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My little girl is named Shunra, which is the word "cat" in Aramaic, an ancient Semitic language you usually only encounter when studying certain religious texts. I believe it is the language Jesus may have spoken, actually, because at that time it was a common language in that part of the world.

Shunra just seemed to be telling us her name from the moment we first put out a plate of tuna for her on the sidewalk. She even knows it's her name and will look up when I call her.

allmycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
When my husband was my boyfriend, there was a cat in his neighborhood called Mildew (poor girl!!)
My sister had a cat that she acquired prenamed Nimrod. Nimrod was a girl as well. She just mostly called her Nimmy

trabel

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My aunt had two barn kittens that used to ride around on her shoulders when she did chores. She called them Earl & Muffy (Ear Muff).
My mom had a cat growing up that used to get into the garbage everyday and pull out used tea bags to roll in. She got named Tea Bags.
My cats are named Swat & BitBit. BitBit was the runt of the litter and is now 6 pounds heavier than Swat. Swat would hide around corners when he was a wee little kitty, and jump out with flailing arms/paws and "swat" and whatever was coming by.

binkyhoo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
'A Boy Named Sue' like the Johnny Cash song, or Su for short. I got a pair of kittens. my first. I thought he was female when I got him. When I took him in to be spayed....nope its a nuter. I never could unname him. He just stayed a Su.

My female was Romeo at the time. She did take to Whooda. She is the Hoo of Binkyhoo.

kwren

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
our newest babies keep getting us all kinds of odd looks and questions about their names... they are rosencrantz and guildenstern. i guess no one reads hamlet anymore
(really they are named after the tom stoppard play. the names fit them perfectly.)

our older kitty is asmodeous. that one gets some raised eyebrows as well

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mom's kitty when I was little was "Chou-Chou" as in "mon petit chou" or the French endearment "my little cabbage". Imagine explaining that to the other Kindergartners!

badkelpie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My friend rescued a cat that was being attacked by dogs. She named him Dog Food.

The next one she found right after it got ran over. She named him Roadkill.

She also has a dog named Dammit (unless kids are present, then his name is Darnit).

nekomania

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
A lot of people think that "Bean Bean" is a strange name when I tell them what my cat's name is.

Over all, I think the strangest name by far that I've used for a cat was Xerox. She was a beautiful slender all black cat. =)