More good thoughts needed for Squeeker!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittycorner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ok it has now been almost 3 days since we started the new medicine and Squeeker is doing great! He is no longer seizuring and is more active than he has been in a while. I am having his ears checked for ear mites again today and hopefully all will be well. I am just so happy that we may have finally found the right trick! I was worried that since we are going on vacation soon that we would not be able to leave if he was still not regulated. I will be boarding him at his veterinarian and she said she may even take him to her house for a while just so he can run and play, but I am really not worried about him anymore so that should be great! Thanks everyone for helping him get through this!

cande

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m glad for both of you. Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m curious, which was the right dosage for him?

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, such good news! Your little man is really something. Hope this med continues to do the trick; poor Squeeker's been thru enough.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittycorner

Ok it has now been almost 3 days since we started the new medicine and Squeeker is doing great! He is no longer seizuring and is more active than he has been in a while. I am having his ears checked for ear mites again today and hopefully all will be well. I am just so happy that we may have finally found the right trick! I was worried that since we are going on vacation soon that we would not be able to leave if he was still not regulated. I will be boarding him at his veterinarian and she said she may even take him to her house for a while just so he can run and play, but I am really not worried about him anymore so that should be great! Thanks everyone for helping him get through this!
YAY, that's great news

kittycorner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cande

Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m glad for both of you. Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m curious, which was the right dosage for him?
I am not sure what you mean by whichi is the right dose for him-he is now on 2 medications, Phenobarbital 0.7mls twice daily and Clonazipam 0.25 mls twice daily-I am thinking that the Clonazipam is the one that is working best but who knows, if all continues to go well I will rechk bloodwork next week sometime and see the neurologist in 6 weeks.

cande

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sorry, I was curious to know how many mg of pheno was enough to stop the seizures on a 2.5lb cat. But I see itâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s in a liquid dosage.

Anyway, Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m very happy to know that your kitty is doing well.

kittycorner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We are currently trying to keep him at a mg/pound so as he continues to grow I will constantly be changing the dose. I am hoping to slowly wean him off of the Pheno and keep him on the Clonazipam which is better for him anyways, less side effects and no yearly bloodwork-which he HATES!

kittycorner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Okay time for a Squeeker update: it has now been one week seizure free and he could not be doing any better! I am so glad we may have finally found the right combination. I have set up a rechk with the neurologist at the end of August and at that point we will start weaning him off the Phenobarbital. I am also glad because we go on vaction the first part of September and we will be boarding him at the vet, therefore they can wean him off the drugs while under close supervison and are there to help if he gets into trouble! Then the hard part is over when I get back from vacation and I pick up where he left off on the new plan of action!
I hate messing with drugs it scares me that I may screw up even though I am a vet tech! As you can see Squeeker finally made it into the signature thanks to Cagnes and our Fab 5 has now turned into a Six pack!!!! Thanks for everyones good thoughts and prayers over these last few hard weeks!

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yippee!
So glad Squeeker is doing well, and sincerely hope the new meds keep him seizure free. Love his pic; he looks just like one of our new girls, Bridget. She's tiny like Squeeker, too; only 1.5 lbs. Hope you enjoy your vacation--you've certainly earned one!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Squeeker is in your siggy and doing much better too?
Way to go Squeeker.

kittycorner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If you ask my opinion he just wanted to keep fighting so that he knew he would make it into the signature! He also asked that I make sure everyone knows how cute he is and where all the good thoughts were going to-SO THANKS EVERYBODY!!!!!

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is there an update on Squeeker? I've been wondering about the little guy.
Hope everything is going well with him.

kittycorner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks for asking-he is doing GREAT! He has had a few small seizures this week but nothing too major. I have him on both Phenobarbital and Clonazipam, I think the Clonazipam is what is doing the trick. I have an appointment scheduled with the neurologist at the end of Aug. and since we are going on vacation in early Sept. we will be boarding him at the vet, and while we are gone they will try to wean him off the Pheno. He has now reached the 3.5 pound mark and is all legs!! He is kinda at that goofy awkward 12 yr old boy stage. He is still as cute as can be though, just keep praying for no more seizures and that he will grow up to be a big strong kitty~

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yea for Squeeker!
Glad he's doing so well; hopefully he'll grow out of the seizures entirely. Wow--3.5 lbs! Sounds as if he's growing like a weed.

kittycorner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ok here we are again asking for prayers and good thoughts. It has been almost a month since Squeeker's last seizure and he had been doing great, but I just got back from taking him to the vet to admit him for the evening. He had 4 grand mal seizures in less than an hour. I just don't understand, one minute he is fine and the next his poor little brain is going haywire!!!
I am hoping that he stays seizure free overnight and we can bring him home tomorrow. I have an appointment scheduled with the neurologist next week and wouldn't ya know it we are almost ready to leave town. Please keep all fingers crossed we are not going backwards in our progress.