More Concerned for Boo

quiet

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So I do a sheet like that a day and I make them up maybe a week in advance and don't give a medication until I check it off as done. I highlight what needs to be done and when. Then if I go to the vet I can grab all the sheets and have them right there, If I want I can also transfer on to the computer but I usually don't have time.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

goholistic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

So I do a sheet like that a day and I make them up maybe a week in advance and don't give a medication until I check it off as done. I highlight what needs to be done and when. Then if I go to the vet I can grab all the sheets and have them right there, If I want I can also transfer on to the computer but I usually don't have time.
Thanks for sharing your method!

samus

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Thanks for sharing your stories @Scarlett 001. I'm getting frustrated with all the "coincidences." Someone once told me, "there's no such thing as coincidences" (you know who you are). I noticed the dilated pupil after starting Boo on the prednisolone (which is now completely tapered off), so I'm wondering if the prednisolone brought on an ear infection, which affected his pupil. Ay ay ay....

I got a call from the nurse and x-rays showed a large amount of stool in the colon, so they would like him to pass that before they do an ultrasound. I haven't heard anything else about what the x-rays showed. Perhaps doc is waiting to discuss that with me.
Sorry for thread necromancy, did Boo's pupils ever go back to normal? (Maybe you already said that and I missed the post.) Was there any time relation between his decrease in FHS symptoms and his pupil unevenness?

I can see it being entirely possible that the prednisolone could have directly caused his anisocoria. When I was reading possible causes of anisocoria in cats, one was retina issues, which can definitely be caused by steroids. I was on some high dose prednisone and the water retention caused me so much floaters and zigzags in my eye that I went to the eye doctor twice because I thought one of my retinas had detached. (My eyes were affected unevenly, one of my retinas was having more flashes/zigzags than the other.) All of the tests they did came out normal, and I believe they did an eye pressure test too.

If he was having ear inflammation (or a mild infection) already from the food, then the water retention from the steroid caused a little more swelling, I could also see that affecting a nerve around the eye.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

goholistic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Sorry for thread necromancy, did Boo's pupils ever go back to normal? (Maybe you already said that and I missed the post.) Was there any time relation between his decrease in FHS symptoms and his pupil unevenness?

I can see it being entirely possible that the prednisolone could have directly caused his anisocoria. When I was reading possible causes of anisocoria in cats, one was retina issues, which can definitely be caused by steroids. I was on some high dose prednisone and the water retention caused me so much floaters and zigzags in my eye that I went to the eye doctor twice because I thought one of my retinas had detached. (My eyes were affected unevenly, one of my retinas was having more flashes/zigzags than the other.) All of the tests they did came out normal, and I believe they did an eye pressure test too.

If he was having ear inflammation (or a mild infection) already from the food, then the water retention from the steroid caused a little more swelling, I could also see that affecting a nerve around the eye.
Sorry for the delay! I got a notification for this, but then I forgot. 

Yes, Boo's pupils went back to normal soon after stopping the prednisolone. His pupils have been fine ever since.