morbidly obese cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by bengalbabe

No he dosent look as big in the video but still way too fat.
I was just able to watch the video. Eeeee! I think in the opening scene, where he is being carried the same way is in the pics, he looks exactly the same.

Poor baby!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by keith p

I had a cat that was 37 at his heaviest right around 4 or 5. He was on diet food and water and never lost more than a few pounds in his entire life. I think he had some illness we did not know about at the time we had him, he was our first cat and we werent given much help on how to help him.
I wonder if it was a thyroid problem? Hypothyroidism can cause excessive weight gain. There's another glandular problem that can also but I can't think of it right now. They say this cat has no health problems but I wonder if he has really been checked by a good vet.

save_adopt

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
i hate when people think they are giving their pets a good life spoiling them, when its really just shortening the time they will be on the earth. Its like a mother feeding her kid nothing but chocolate bars.

sad. very sad.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mschauer

I wonder if it was a thyroid problem? Hypothyroidism can cause excessive weight gain. There's another glandular problem that can also but I can't think of it right now. They say this cat has no health problems but I wonder if he has really been checked by a good vet.
actually, there are several... Cushing's, diabetes, insulin resistance, metabolic syndrome, pseudohypoparathyroidism, insulinoma & hyperinsulinism/hypoglycemia... there are probably more, but i'm tired of looking.
these are in humans, of course - but cats have all of these same organs - stands to reason they could have similar problems w/them.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Someone needs to step in and take that cat away from her. That's complete abuse

The video shows that he is really, really fat, and he can hardly walk and his tummy almost touches the ground when he is standing