Month Old Kitten Just Died

cozzgamer

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
why did leggy (my sisters cat) rub my legs and then lay down and die???:sweat::bawling:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cozzgamer

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sorry to hear this. Can you provide any additional information? How old was the cat? Did he go outside? Was he neutered? Vaccinated?
he lives out side and yes he was given milk and he was about a month old and no vet but he was the alpha of the litter
but he did once have a spasm flopping around like he cant use his legs and fyi my profile pic is shad my cat

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are many things that could happen to a young kitten living outside. Are the kittens with their mom? How many other kittens are there?

What kind of milk?

cozzgamer

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
There are many things that could happen to a young kitten living outside. Are the kittens with their mom? How many other kittens are there?

What kind of milk?
yes they are living with there mom theirs 4 other kittens (shade my cat is the runt) and they have there mothers milk and thank you for giving me my own thread
this is what he looks like (not real photo of him)

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's really not safe for a mom and babies that young to be outside. Could you move them inside into one room where your sister isn't exposed?

Do you plan to spay and neuter? And get the kittens vaccines?

cozzgamer

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
we cant afford the vet but they are neutered we can put them in a box but not inside p.s a tomcat killed peaches is that normal (also what dos spay mean??)

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How are they neutered if they don't go to the vet? Spaying and neutering mean making the cat sterile, so they can't have more babies.

And yes, tom cats will kill. Who is Peaches?

cozzgamer

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
How are they neutered if they don't go to the vet? Spaying and neutering mean making the cat sterile, so they can't have more babies.

And yes, tom cats will kill. Who is Peaches?
ahhh so we have to fix them ok i will tell my mom that
peaches is my other sisters cat (i have 5 sisters and i am the oldest)

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, you need to fix them as soon as possible. Mom can already get pregnant again, which is really unhealthy for her. Boys will get their mom and sisters pregnant, etc.

Babies can be fixed when they are 8 weeks old. They have to have shots, too.

Do you need help finding a low cost clinic in your area?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When a cat dies that suddenly it is very likely to be a heart condition that was not diagnosed yet. With free roaming females there is a possibility that it may be inbreeding or inherited, where the female mates back to her babies or members of her own family. There are just too many things it could be, from poisoning to a bad injury that was causing internal bleeding, but I would think the kitten would show symptoms then. I am thankful it was quick, so there was little suffering, my heart goes out to you, I'll pray for you, Leggy, and the remaining little family.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sudden death of a cat who otherwise seems healthy is usually a heart muscle problem, as di and bob said. I'm so sorry to hear about little Leggy. My condolences. :alright:

cozzgamer

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
we have a dog clinic but the kitten are doing fine now shade, ginger, and ninja jr. are doing fine now and the tom cats are gone ps can you train a cat to protect chickens ???

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
we have a dog clinic but the kitten are doing fine now shade, ginger, and ninja jr. are doing fine now and the tom cats are gone ps can you train a cat to protect chickens ???
Will the dog clinic help to fix your cats? It's really important. The tom cats will come back when mom is in heat, and the kittens will be fertile at around 4 months. It's a horrible life to be an intact outdoor cat; it's violent, painful, and short.

I don't know if you can train a cat to protect chickens. I would be very careful when they are young.