Mondays Question of the Day

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Adding in Bad Company, Van Halen, Led Zepplin, Beatles, Pink Floyd, the Who.....
The Who I'm with you there :D love them
My favorite song in the whole world has always been Smoke on the Water (it's also my ringtone on my phone). I love Pink Floyd, too, but Deep Purple just rocks. I have a lot of their songs on my iPod to listen to when out walking.
I quickly caught this just before I went out and ive been singing it since hahaha

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I've been going through a 1920's blues phase the past few months. I especially like the female blues singers from that time period: Bessie Smith, Clara Smith (no relation),  Lucille Bogan (if you search her stuff on Youtube, be forewarned: it's really dirty), and Sippie Wallace. I have to laugh at how they got away with many of the lyrics! It was dirty, but more subtle back then.

Before that, I listened to 60's soul music.  I love Sam Cooke's voice.

I also enjoy modern renditions of Civil War era music, a holdover from my reenacting days. Those cds got me through driving for 7-9 hours straight, exhausted from no sleep for 3 days! They may have literally saved my life on some occasions, like the infamous from Ft. Pickett, through the DC Beltway, to PA trip.  Singing kept me alert and awake on many a nasty stretch of highway.