Mondays Question of the Day

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What sort of music do you like to listen to?

As much as I love modern music I find myself going for a 60's or 70's CD or If I feel a headache coming on a classical CD.

Or if we are sitting chilling out a relaxing I will get the record player out

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Classic rock. Aerosmith, Deep Purple, Judas Priest, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Eagles, ZZ Top, AC/DC, Bowie, etc.

And that's pretty much all I listen to.

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Pink Floyd, Jethro Tull, B52s, Devo and classical are what I mainly listen to. 

Last edited:

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anything except country and heavy metal. Mostly today's hits. :)

pinkman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've been listening to a lot of Steve Reich and Phillip Glass recently. Helps me focus a lot. Reich's Six Marimbas is probably my current favorite as of now.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I primarily listen to anything Christian but I also listen to main stream country.  Style wise I love it all.  Heavy metal is probably my least favorite but it depends on the song and my mood.  Some days I love the music of my Grandparent's generation more than that of my own.  Think Bing Crosby, Dean Martin and Rosemary Clooney. 

goonie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Classic rock. Aerosmith, Deep Purple, Judas Priest, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Eagles, ZZ Top, AC/DC, Bowie, etc.

me too.. lately i've been listening to Nightwish a lot. they're from Finland and it's Symphonic hard rock

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I absolutley love Deep purple and Pink floyd

Will br breaking them out on Saturday Im having a get together with my brothers and the better halves for my birthday and we three were brought up with that kind of music as was Blaine and my sil!

harleydiva

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I like most genres of music ..... although I'm not fond of heavy metal or rap.  Most of the time I am tuned to the Christian radio station....contemporary, southern gospel, gospel bluegrass....like it all.

bluebird gal

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Me too but the hubby listens primarily to country.  I'm ok with some country, but I'd prefer classic, old school country.    He doesn't get any of the music I like -- including when I'm "in a mood" and switch to Andrea Bocelli or the soundrack from Les Mis.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Indian Sitar, 'World' music.  Love obscure music from different countries.

And a bit of Bowie

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I absolutley love Deep purple and Pink floyd

Will br breaking them out on Saturday Im having a get together with my brothers and the better halves for my birthday and we three were brought up with that kind of music as was Blaine and my sil!
My favorite song in the whole world has always been Smoke on the Water (it's also my ringtone on my phone). I love Pink Floyd, too, but Deep Purple just rocks. I have a lot of their songs on my iPod to listen to when out walking.

frappe

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I listen to any and all music except rap. 

Favorites include: The Beatles, Jimi Hendrix, Bob Dylan, and Bob Marley for earlier singers. Newer singers are Iron and Wine, The Avett Brothers, and Florence and the Machine.

Last edited: