Monday's Question of the Day - February 1, 2016

dennis47

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Not to worry Dennis... my Dad was bald as a baby's behind and he always said, "Grass doesn't grow on a busy street"!
I'm not, actually. It was an inevitabilty, as most of the males on BOTH sides of my family were slick on the top. I started going bald at 19, and it's just kept on as the years have flown by. But I'm cool with it.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Sounds wonderful. Do you have to go to the hairdresser for that.
No, I usually do it myself. I've had lots of practice. 

My best friend used to keep her hair all kinds of colors like that.  She had a purple wig when she was going through chemo the first time.  The best was when she had a "sunset" effect happen on accident.  Most of her head was pink but then orange and yellow around her face.  I really like these purple, blue and pink dye jobs people are doing now; but there is NO way I could pull that off.  It doesn't fit my personality.  I just admire it in pictures. 
  My daughter is into My Little Pony and some of the pictures going around look like the took the color schemes right from there.  My daughter would go for that. 

My Little Pony come in some great colours. I was looking at the new range of Barbie dolls, the ones that now come in a healthy (Rather than alien) body shape. They now do a Barbie with waist length blue hair! I would have loved one of those when I was a kid.

Last edited:

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Lighter red. I have never dyed my hair. I think my color goes very well with my green eyes, though I love black fur and green eyes in cats! :-)

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not, actually. It was an inevitabilty, as most of the males on BOTH sides of my family were slick on the top. I started going bald at 19, and it's just kept on as the years have flown by. But I'm cool with it.
Just as well. Smile.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dark brown and I colour and highlight it.
I should of course mentioned that it's nearly all 'silver' now.
I went through a stage of cutting my hair really really really short and dying it flame red. I'd gone on holiday abroad and I was always easy to find.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Give me Jason any day.
He is a fine specimen

My DH and my BIL both started losing their hair in their mid 20's. My DH tried the Rogaine thing but it's expensive, it doesn't work for everyone and if it does work for you, you have to use it forever. He wasn't into that so when it got to the point that he'd had enough, he started cutting it really short and from there, shaving it. BIL on the other hand started getting the plugs. This was back in the early 90's when that whole thing was fairly new. It was very painful, very expensive and his scalp still looks like a doll's. He wishes he had never done it because he can never cut it short because of the way the scalp looks.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise

I'm going to float around a little while longer in this. Notice the cup holders for a nice margarita or 2. 

Hey, I could use one of those! I like the cup holders! I could see myself floating around in the pool after a hard day in the office. 
 Once I actually managed to get into the thing, that is. 

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
MY HAIR IS REDDISH DARK BROWN WITH LOTS OF GRAY RUNNING THROUGH IT 

MY COMPUTER IS STUCK ON BIG LETTERS AFTER CALLY WALKED ACROSSED THE KEYBOARD>
Sweet Thing once figured out how to press CTL-ALT-DEL, and then couldn't figure out why she was banned from the computer room, poor baby. :lol3:

Mine started out blond. When I got married forty years ago it was still blond, but over the years it darkened. Maybe 25 years ago, my husband expressed a desire for it to be the same color as when we married. I told him okay, but I wasn't going to do it myself, and he could pay for it. When my dad died in '87, I was overdue for a dye job, and had to attend his funeral with two-tone hair — everyone seemed to think it was a deliberate fashion statement.

Eventually I pointed out to Roger that I was beginning to go grey, so if he just waited a bit my hair was getting lighter on its own, and he agreed. Then the greying slowed down (Mrs. Murphy's law: "That husband of mine is a damned optimist!")

My hair is now brunette with a bit of silver at the temples. I doubt that I'll ever dye it again.

Margret

Last edited: