Monday's Question of the Day - February 1, 2016

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My hair was always a mousy brown so I colored it most of my life.  I stopped coloring my hair when I retired.  It is a natural kind of platinum/gray and I've had many compliments on it. 

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I color my hair to hide the grey at my roots, it is a medium to dark warm brown.  I was born with very black hair that quickly changed a very, very light blonde up until I was a teenager and it has increasingly gotten darker to a medium-dark brown.  Does anyone know why hair can change like this?  
My hair is. . .dark
. Some people say it's black but I dont think so. It's a very dark brown with a reddish tint in the light. I've never ever dyed it. Not even a little
@Willowy   your hair sounds beautiful!  And you don't have to even dye it!

I was born a really pretty blonde; darkened as I got older.. always kept it blonde, until about 11 years ago. I decided to go red. It took a while, but now I have a great strawberry blonde straight short hair. Looks really nice. I get a lot of compliments on it. With all the highlights, it looks as if it is natural.

If not colored, it is a mousey dark blonde with grey....and lots of grey. Really washes out my coloring. I have pale skin.

Hair is my one luxury..

You could say, my hair color matches Artie!
@Artiemom, I think that is sweet that your hair matches Artie! 

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
natural color is medium / dark brown. Lots of grey now. I just a couple weekends ago (on a snow day) decided to try the non permanent dye I had purchased long ago.  I kind of like it and the grey came out kind of golden brown. I may keep on doing it, but just the non permanent kind.  I can't afford to get it done at the salon.

swamplady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
MY HAIR IS REDDISH DARK BROWN WITH LOTS OF GRAY RUNNING THROUGH IT 
MY COMPUTER IS STUCK ON BIG LETTERS AFTER CALLY WALKED ACROSSED THE KEYBOARD>

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The natural color of my hair depends on when you are talking about. When I was young, it was medium brown with gold and red highlights. As I aged, it started turning grey, and I was white around the temples. As my hair was long, the white framed my face and many people thought I bleached it. I thought the grey made me look older than I was, so a few years ago, I dyed it back to the brown. It was a beautiful color - had the same gold and red highlights. I asked my son how he liked it. After glancing at it, he said, "It looks like it always did."  
  Family is so observant. I finally got tired of the upkeep and have started letting it grow out. The white at the temples is still there, so I'll have to suck up and realize that's how old I am.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As far as I can remember my natural colour is mid-brown but I very rarely see that. I've had it all kinds of colours in the past. Red, purple, pink, orange, turquoise and dark blue.

At the moment it's a dark red colour with stripes of pink and orange.
Sounds wonderful. Do you have to go to the hairdresser for that.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Heard a LOT of things over the years. Nah, gonna keep it. It's not like Leonardo DiCaprio or George Clooney have anything to worry about. I'm not that impressive anyway...
I hope you don't have a comb over? That's really aging and obvious.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
My natural hair color is brown, now with some grey strands mixed in. I get blond highlights.

kitty kisser

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My hair as a child was platinum blonde . As I've aged it has turned yellow blonde and now is mousy brown. I'm glad ombré hair is in cause my blonde dye job is growing out. I've been dyeing it red or blonde for years since high school. Once I dyed it egg plant purple but it really didn't take and was just pink in the sun.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My natural hair color was dark brown with red highlights. Because of age, it has been all gray for quite awhile. I wore it that way until about two years ago. Currently is is colored with shade of light brown low lights and shades of blonde high lights. The last time, I told her color it all over. But the color was not dark enough to really color it over good. So it still has a lot of blond that shows through the light brown. I like it because it is still so light, the grey roots don't show much.

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My natural hair color is a mousey brown. I have always hated my hair color.

I color it every chance I get and it's usually a medium/dark auburn (Winter) or red (Summer).

I have colored it a lighter brown but I have always liked it better red.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

As far as I can remember my natural colour is mid-brown but I very rarely see that. I've had it all kinds of colours in the past. Red, purple, pink, orange, turquoise and dark blue.

At the moment it's a dark red colour with stripes of pink and orange.
My best friend used to keep her hair all kinds of colors like that.  She had a purple wig when she was going through chemo the first time.  The best was when she had a "sunset" effect happen on accident.  Most of her head was pink but then orange and yellow around her face.  I really like these purple, blue and pink dye jobs people are doing now; but there is NO way I could pull that off.  It doesn't fit my personality.  I just admire it in pictures. 
  My daughter is into My Little Pony and some of the pictures going around look like the took the color schemes right from there.  My daughter would go for that. 

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So may men look fantastic bald. let's list some now. 

Starting off with Patrick Stewart 

Jason Statham

Vin Diesel

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnso

Tyrese Gibson

Bruce Willis

Sean Connery

Samuel L Jackson

L.L. Cool J

Billy Zane

I've always said that hair doesn't make the man. Ted Bundy (had) and Charles Manson still does have a full head of hair... 

Last edited:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise

So may men look fantastic bald. let's list some now. 

Patrick Stewart  (Oh dear lord, yes.....huge Patrick Stewart fan here. Have you seen that man's abs? And his arms? He is 75 years old!)

Sean Connery (Yes, yes, yes)

Ok, getting out of the shallow end of the pool right now (I think).