Monday's Question Of The Day - December 4, 2017

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my most favorite Christmas movie is White Christmas. i also love The Bishop's Wife. i really enjoy How the Grinch Stole Christmas (original version only), A Christmas Carol (the old black and white version) and Miracle on 34th Street (original version only). i like Die Hard too!

least favorites would be A Christmas Story, and many of the newer Christmas movies.

It's a Wonderful Life
......i saw it once and it was an okay movie, but no interest in seeing it again.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, correction, there is one Christmas movie I like, it is not the best of the movies out there, but Die Hard is kind of Christmas movie, there good guy helps people against bad odds and saves the day at the end.

Also that one Batman movie might classify, one with Penguin and Cat woman from the 90's, I think there was Christmas time.

With many movies I get bored so easily, probably some kind of ADHD :D

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband looks like Ralphie from Christmas Story, all grown up.
My favorite Christmas movies range from the sweet to the absolutely disgusting. I love horror movies.
I always loved White Christmas and It's a Wonderful Life.
I also love Black Christmas and Santa Slay.
I wonder why so many people dislike A Christmas Story. I thought it was a cute movie. My favorite part was when the dogs ate the turkey. The guy that played the father was so funny.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like the funny ones, Christmas is stressful enough without a little comedy. So I like Griswold 'National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation' it reminds me of family Christmas when I was young, my family was so dysfunctional! :lol: (what do I mean WAS!) I like Christmas story too, for the same reasons, when Ralphie's little brother gets bundled up to go outside, it brings back a lot of memories. My husband likes the older ones, It's a Wonderful Life, etc. So I guess between the two of us we're balanced!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I wonder why so many people dislike A Christmas Story. I thought it was a cute movie. My favorite part was when the dogs ate the turkey. The guy that played the father was so funny.
I love that movie too. Yeah. Ralphie's dad is great. If anyone hasn't seen Bad Santa I recommend it. Billy Bob Thornton is perfect in it. It's very funny. Not your typical warm and fuzzy Christmas movie though. That might be why I like it. :lol:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I don't watch Christmas movies. I'll check out TVLand and Antenna TV and such for marathons of Christmas shows from favorite sitcoms.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I love all the old Classic Christmas Movies, on Turner Classics!
My DVD collection is a compilation of Christmas Movies: A Wonderful Life (favorite), The Bishops Wife, Yes, Donovan's Reef, White Christmas, The Belles of St Mary's, A Pocketful of Miracles....
and The Original, The Santa Clause.....

As far as TV programs: Rudolf (favorite), Santa Claus is Coming to Town, and any type of Christmas Music Programs...

And as far as music... well, I have a boxful of Christmas CD's... Both Popular ones, and some from my Polish Heritage... I love all different types of Christmas music...

Yes, I live alone also... but have really good memories of Christmas with my family...
I think back on those days... and are thankful for them..

WoodstockGirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm not a big fan of Christmas, period, but to try to get into the holiday spirit I like to watch:

• Christmas Vacation
  • A Charlie Brown Christmas
  • Year Without a Santa Claus
  • Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer
  • White Christmas
  • A Christmas Story
I despise Polar Express. I don't know why. I just think it's creepy.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What was the name of the Christmas movie with Arnie and Sinbad? They were both trying to get the same toy, and it was the very last one.
I don't remember much of the movie, but I remember it was funny. Sinbad was great.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What was the name of the Christmas movie with Arnie and Sinbad? They were both trying to get the same toy, and it was the very last one.
I don't remember much of the movie, but I remember it was funny. Sinbad was great.
Was it Jingle All The Way?

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My favourites are the animated "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" and "Charlie Brown Christmas". I also like the original "Miracle on 34th Street".

And though it's not a Christmas movie, "The Sound of Music" airs every year over the Christmas season and I always end up watching some it it.

I'm looking for a decent priced copy of the first 2 Home Alone movies. My kids will get a kick out of those.
Check the bins at Walmart. They sometimes have cheap DVDs.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If your grandma watched the 24 hr Christmas special all 24 hours I’m sure you’d get sick of it too. :lol: I don’t hate it ... it’s just not my favorite.

dahli6

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If your grandma watched the 24 hr Christmas special all 24 hours I’m sure you’d get sick of it too. :lol: I don’t hate it ... it’s just not my favorite.
I had a similar experience with Groundhog Day. I can't watch that movie because of an incident.

dahli6

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I liked everything about that movie. I am the oldest child in my family so I related to Ralphie a lot; though he is a boy and I am not. My family was also dysfunctional, we had our moments like the mashed potato piggy.
My mom was cross between A Christmas Story and Mommy Dearest.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have no intention of watching the movie for 24 hours. I just enjoy watching it once or twice a year. It is better than watching those sickening Hallmark movies.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I liked everything about that movie. I am the oldest child in my family so I related to Ralphie a lot; though he is a boy and I am not. My family was also dysfunctional, we had our moments like the mashed potato piggy.
My mom was cross between A Christmas Story and Mommy Dearest.
Thank you. I think a lot of people can identify with some of the movie. My family certainly was not perfect.

scarlettleia

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'unno, I'm not really a big fan of them, but I'm not sure if that's because I've grown a little bit cold to christmas over the years. After 6 years deployable in the RN, working christmas days for 2 years and 3 christmasses in Norway (due to falling for a man who lived 1200 miles away), I've not really had many cosy homely christmasses in the past 8-9 years.
Hoping to get home for Christmas next year (Work doesn't let us take time off over christmas, but honestly, I'll just quit), and maybe then I'll rekindle my love of christmas movies!

I used to like Love Actually.. I think