Monday's Question Of The Day - December 4, 2017

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How do you feel about Christmas movies? What are your most and lest favorites?

I like a lot of the classic Christmas movies; like Rudolph and Santa Clause is Coming to Town. But my favorites are White Christmas (a classic for any time of the year if you ask me!) and Mickey's Christmas Carol. I've always loved The Muppet's Christmas Carol and Mr. Magoo's Christmas carol. I guess mostly I like ones geared towards kids. The Night they Saved Christmas is a favorite too.

I don't purposely watch the Hallmark Christmas movies; partly because I don't have cable. I would probably enjoy them well enough if I did.

I really dislike the movie A Christmas Story. It just doesn't do anything for my sense of humor. I never got into Elf either. I know a lot of people love those.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
White Christmas is my favorite, with The Muppet Christmas Carol a close second.

I do like Elf, but I agree on A Christmas Story.

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I can't say I have actually watched all of a Christmas story, I love the Muppets! I like the Santa clause is coming to town one, and can' remember elf. We all love Christmas vacation in our family! I like Christmas movies, they are all upbeat in the end, and some are just nuts and u can't help but smile or relate!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love all the specials like Santa Claus is Coming to Town, The Year Without a Santa Claus, etc. I also love Elf, Bad Santa, A Christmas Story, Miracle on 34th St (both versions), The Santa Clause, How the Grinch Stole Christmas and Christmas Vacation. I liked A Charlie Brown Christmas when I was a kid but it's lost it's appeal over the years. I cannot stand the Muppets or anything they are in. I find them obnoxious.

Most people seem to love It's a Wonderful life but I cannot stand that movie. I find Jimmy Stewart's voice grating and I cannot listen to it. It's like fingernails on a chalkboard to me. :headshake:

Here is Rotten Tomatoes' list of the 25 best Christmas movies of all time:

25 Best Christmas Movies of All Time << Rotten Tomatoes – Movie and TV News

amysuen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I love all the old stop-motion ones - Rudolph, Year Without a Santa, etc. I love Scrooged, the first Santa Clause, and the Polar Express. We don't get the Hallmark channel so I've never seen any of those, and I'm not a fan of the Home Alone series, Christmas with the Cranks, etc.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm different than most. Die Hard is my absolute favorite christmas movie.
Can't get into the holiday season without it.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a 1.5' snowman that swings a snowflake and tips his hat. All to the snow miser song.
Being from AZ however, I can relate best to the heat miser.

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
- The Nutcracker Prince
- A Muppet's Christmas Carol
- Nutcracker ballet when it is on the tely

Faves!

In the middle, if I felt like it - A Nightmare Before Christmas and Little Drummer Boy.

I would also like to see the movie Joyeux Noel/Merry Christmas, a movie about the true-story Christmas truce in WWI, where soldiers stopped fighting one another to mingle and celebrate for a day.

Least faves....

Actually a lot of them I'm afraid :paperbag: for some reason I just don't like all the typical ones, I just find them either kind of annoying, dull or overrated/bad. Or simply does not interest me. And I do love Christmas, so feels crazy that I don't have that many actual movies that I like.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm different than most. Die Hard is my absolute favorite christmas movie. Can't get into the holiday season without it.
I read what you said to my hubby and his response was, "good for her!" :thumbsup: Obviously he loves that movie too.

Most of my favorite movies are on TCM - It Happened on 5th Ave., Christmas in CT and The Man Who Came to Dinner.
The one favorite not on TCM is Home Alone.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favorite Christmas Movie is National Lampoons Christmas Vacation and the movies I like the least are the Hallmark movies. They are so corny.

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Favorites - The Bishop's Wife with Cary Grant, While You Were Sleeping, A Christmas Story, Scrooged, Elf, and there is a version of A Christmas Carol with Patrick Stewart that I like.

Dislike-Christmas with the Kranks, those Tim Allen Santa Clause movies, and Charlie Brown Christmas.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Favorites:
Rudolph
Frosty
The Santa Claus with Tim Allen
Prancer
Home Alone
The grinch (classic and the one with Jim Carey)
Jack Frost
The search for Santa paws
The santa pups
Santa buddies

Least favorite:
a christmas story

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I’ll just drop this right here.

Oh, no! Not the Heat Miser! When I dressed my hair up for 18th Century reenacting, DH called me Mrs. Heat Miser!!! (I have red hair.) That was one of the weirdest things I've ever seen. Thank you. I'll send you my therapy bills.

I don't like Christmas movies, but I have always watched the Too many Christmas trees episode of The Avengers every year, and the Are you being served Christmas episodes.

Last edited:

murphyboy

Murphy’s Mom
Young Cat
Purraise
I can’t believe that Christmas is ONLY twenty more days away! Murphy’s first Christmas too!

Favorites: The Family Man, The Santa Clause, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, The Holiday, and Love Actually.

Dislikes: A Christmas Story, Frosty the Snowman, and Home Alone.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Most people seem to love It's a Wonderful life but I cannot stand that movie. I find Jimmy Stewart's voice grating and I cannot listen to it. It's like fingernails on a chalkboard to me. :headshake:
I agree with you 100% on that one!
I love all the old stop-motion ones - Rudolph, Year Without a Santa, etc. I love Scrooged, the first Santa Clause, and the Polar Express. We don't get the Hallmark channel so I've never seen any of those, and I'm not a fan of the Home Alone series, Christmas with the Cranks, etc.
The Polar Express is a favorite here! My son will watch it year round!

I do like A Charlie Brown Christmas.

I'm looking for a decent priced copy of the first 2 Home Alone movies. My kids will get a kick out of those.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think there is even one Christmas movie I would like to watch.

When life leaves you alone, Christmas as whole is not the best times of the year.

dahli6

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My husband looks like Ralphie from Christmas Story, all grown up.
My favorite Christmas movies range from the sweet to the absolutely disgusting. I love horror movies.
I always loved White Christmas and It's a Wonderful Life.
I also love Black Christmas and Santa Slay.