Mom taking out 2 wk old kitten

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Ugh. Can you put some other little box with a blanket so maybe they won't sleep in the litter box?

Are you putting them in the litter box before and after meals?

At least they went on the pad!

fostersrule

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Are you ever there when they begin having an accident? I usually have my guys trained in a couple days time if I hang out with them. You'll know they are about to go when they begin sniffing around and acting semi-focussed. They may go to a corner or the last spot they had an accident. That's when I pick them up and place them in the box. Sometimes I get them mid squat so they actually go potty in the box. I had this one kitten who was squatting in a corner and I think I frightened her when I suddenly picked her up and put her in the litter box..well the message got through. The next time she started squatting in the corner I started to move towards her and she quickly scampered into the box. I don't believe she had any accidents after that:D

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrandmrsroda

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
someone did peepee in the litter!!!!! The others think wee wee pad is for pee lol. which it is. haha. they r getting there. and yes they r put in right after eating. u had to see them fighting over the food! growling!

Are you ever there when they begin having an accident? I usually have my guys trained in a couple days time if I hang out with them. You'll know they are about to go when they begin sniffing around and acting semi-focussed. They may go to a corner or the last spot they had an accident. That's when I pick them up and place them in the box. Sometimes I get them mid squat so they actually go potty in the box. I had this one kitten who was squatting in a corner and I think I frightened her when I suddenly picked her up and put her in the litter box..well the message got through. The next time she started squatting in the corner I started to move towards her and she quickly scampered into the box. I don't believe she had any accidents after that:D

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Put the food in little individual piles around a paper plate so they each have their own :).

mrandmrsroda

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes I did have to seperate their food! They r so funny. That push each other with their paw. They mush their heads! So cute. I stepped up my game with litter training today. Only 1 accident on wee wee pad and another kitty had his first poop tonight! I could see it peeking out so I brought him upstairs to his own litter box. He went insane on the litter! Acting so crazy digging and spinning in circles. I rubbed his bottom real quick w a paper towel and boom he squatted and cried thru his bowel movement. I praised him!

This is all working out wonderfully. They had their first well visit yesterday. All dewormed. Go back in 2 wks for shots. All in great health. He sees extremely mild cold symptoms that he cant even officially diagnose them with it. So he said just continue the lysine, that maybe it already started working.

Yay!

mrandmrsroda

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just an update on my little spoiled brats! 2 just went to their new homes yesterday. They are doing amazing! They have zero accidents and eating wonderfully. I cant believe how good their poops are! The other 2 we kept w us and they r the lucky ones. We all live in one house. One will live with mom in the basement apartment and the boy is with us in a very big house. He is having the time of his life! And he even gets to visit mommy thru out the day. They play and then she lets the 2 nurse but only for a minute. She pushes them off. She is doing so well. But I can tell shes at peace w. the other two leaving and basically is telling us shes just about had it lol! We are aware they went early. If they lived up by me I would have kept them longer with mom. but I have a male cat, and one night they almost got into a brawl! It would have never worked. My sister inlaw said 7 weeks was her limit. so nice that she gets to see 2 of her babies every day forever! And eventually my cat will make friends w the rest. Happy family!!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It's great to hear such a lovely update! Glad everyone is doing well :).

mrandmrsroda

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It's great to hear such a lovely update! Glad everyone is doing well :).
here we go with the herpes drama. I knew it was coming. My adult cat relapsed due to stress of having a new pet. 104 fever but light congestion. Isolation for 7 days. I thought he would die of heart ache, but I had
to protect our babies. I kept 1 kitten, my sister inlaw still has mom in the basement with another kitten. The other 2 kittens r with family. Everyone is on lysine, and my herpes carrier will b on it forever. I am waiting for the others to start symptoms. The kittens are on the 2nd distemper booster, next week they get a 3rd. Vet is taking this seriously. He also insisted I have animal control take the feral I have in my yard for 7 yrs. He feels everyone is at risk because of her. Our feet bringing in germs. She is afterall the one who got my boy sick 18
months ago. I let her in during the polar vortex. [emoji]128562[/emoji][emoji]128299[/emoji] shes gone now. We r all feeling so upset. But it was time anyway. She couldnt do another winter. So much stress lately. I still do not regret this tho. Mom is now in heat. Pissing all over my sister inlaws apartment. Appt friday for spay. I have exceeded $1,000 since rescuing this momma. She better stop the peeing or my sister inlaw will insist I find a new home.

I know that was a mouth full lol. Had
to vent!! pray for me! lol

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She may have a urinary tract infection, they maybe can check when she goes in for her spay. Being in heat would certainly do it too.  Bless you for doing that, I know it is so expensive to help all these ferals and strays, I know if it saves them from a life of misery it is worth it. At least if she is spayed she'll more easily find a new home if she has to, I hope not! All the luck, and I'll keep you all in my thoughts and prayers!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'm sorry your feral is being put down.

Was the mom cat recently moved from one place to another? If not, I agree that she may have a UTI. Please mention it to the vet.

Maybe you'll get lucky and the herpes has not spread. Hope your cat is better soon!

mrandmrsroda

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry your feral is being put down.

Was the mom cat recently moved from one place to another? If not, I agree that she may have a UTI. Please mention it to the vet.

Maybe you'll get lucky and the herpes has not spread. Hope your cat is better soon!
no she hasnt been moved at all. My sister inlaw said she started making the howling sounds and her booty is up in the air. Shes had females and knows the signs. She hasnt been into heat since the babies were born. They r 11 wks friday. OMG thats so crazy. Its so unfair, they r so big!! It just went so fast. Makes me sad! Mom does nurse the daughter she kept, I also bring Monty down to nurse.

mrandmrsroda

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Miles sure doesnt look sick anymore. What a difference this flare up was. nothing compared to the first time. I had to do fluids and injections on my own last time. So scary! I am so on top of everyone right now watcjing for signs. I will flip out of this mom has a UTI. I am spending way 2 much money. It has to b heat!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It's not worth flipping out over. They can test her for a UTI tomorrow, or just put her on antibiotics as a precaution. She's going in anyway.

I've not seen a cat in heat pee everywhere. Maybe she's spraying.