Mom says shelter, I say no

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kristi812

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jen

Are you advertising on petfinder.com and on craigslist.com?

Also, if you have all these cats unaltered in the same room, you do realize they can get each other pregnant right? Especially the 8 month olds, if the unspayed mother is in with them and they are males, they can get their own mom pregnant. They can get their own siblings pregnant, and the 12 week old ones can possibly start too when they get closer to the 4-5 month mark.
im not advertising on petfinder because everytime i do, all i get in responses is spam e-mails with ppl offering thousands and giving the same story that their child's pet died and blah blah blah.
i signed up for craigslist and it wouldnt let me post a pet ad.

the only "adult" male in the house is fixed. he got neutured the end of december. the other ones arent old enough to get pregnant, or get anyone pregnant for that matter.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kristi812

im not advertising on petfinder because everytime i do, all i get in responses is spam e-mails with ppl offering thousands and giving the same story that their child's pet died and blah blah blah.
i signed up for craigslist and it wouldnt let me post a pet ad.

the only "adult" male in the house is fixed. he got neutured the end of december. the other ones arent old enough to get pregnant, or get anyone pregnant for that matter.
You don't need to sign up for craigslist to post on there. You CAN but you don't have to, try doing it without signing up first. I would do petfinder anyways and just ignore the scam emails, I have had a lot of good luck on there, you just have to ignore the fake ones which are really easy to spot.

The neutered adult can still get females pregnant for a month or so after being neutered. And I am just warning about the others, as soon as they reach the 4-5 month mark they can.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't know how old the kitties you're caring for are, but just FYI, someone else's four-month old kitty just got pregnant. Growing into sexual maturity is a guideline, not a rule.

Laurie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kristi812

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
good news (depending on how you look at it) the 2 older sisters have a home. this girl i went to school with, her mom came into where i work and was looking at my flyers and said how this lady that she knows, her boyfriend of 33 years recently passed away and she wanted 2 cats to keep her company. how awesome was that. so she took the 2 older ones, and she is a very nice older lady. she has two grandkids and the cats absolutely love them. she is going to get them spayed, i gave her the name of the low cost vet. and shes going to keep me updated.
as for the other ones. my mom has decided to keep one of the kittens. which leaves 3 left from that litter, one of which glitch wants, just dont know how to get him to her. which leaves two...i cant seem to decide which one im more attached to, so im just thinking about keeping them both, which would give me a total of 4.
as for the mother cat. my friend, her owner, hasnt given any money to help feed her, buy litter for her, nothing. and is showing no effort in getting her back. so, tomorrow im going to get my taxes done, yay taxes, and im going to look into the possibility of getting her spayed, and maybe keeping her. as for getting the other ones fixed, vet wont do it until they are at least 6 months. so i have another couple of months to go. but all is on a good page for now...hopefully...