Mirtazapine?

jewel4love

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh, gosh...Keep feeding her until the drug is out of her system. Hang in there and keep us updated!
Thank you! I will! I got a syringe of the recovery food in her a little bit ago and it seemed to calm her a little. She almost seems like she is high or drunk. This feels like torture.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you! I will! I got a syringe of the recovery food in her a little bit ago and it seemed to calm her a little. She almost seems like she is high or drunk. This feels like torture.
She is high. She's getting a flood of serotonin. Be there for her. Comfort her. My Krista would hit peak "meowzapine" about an hour after dosing. For the next hour, she would sit or lay with me grooming anything in tongue-shot (licking is her comfort behavior) while I would scratch or stroke her. She'd meow, trill, and purr her head off, and then fall into a more comfortable state (usually a nap) after about an hour. I made it a point of being home at least half a day the days I gave her the drug. I also only gave her 1/8 dose because 1/4 was too much for her (6.2 lbs.) 1/4 made her inconsolable while 1/8 made her a cuddle bug.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cyproheptadine can be used to counter serotonin syndrome if you think it's time for another vet visit. But that's another drug that may cause its own side effects. You could ask your vet if it he thinks it's time for cypro or he may just tell you to wait it out. In any case, it's going to feel distressing to her so offer her as much comfort as she'll accept.

jewel4love

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Cyproheptadine can be used to counter serotonin syndrome if you think it's time for another vet visit. But that's another drug that may cause its own side effects. You could ask your vet if it he thinks it's time for cypro or he may just tell you to wait it out. In any case, it's going to feel distressing to her so offer her as much comfort as she'll accept.
Most definitely trying to make her as comfy as possible. The not eating worries me but I am sure that will come with time. I guess giving her the 1/4 of the pill was almost like double dosing her and then i did it two days later. It is so hard watching hardly being able to walk. I have been sleeping on the couch with her because I am afraid she will fall off the bed and me be too asleep.