Mickey, my 27 lbs foster and his journey back to a healthy weight

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwwwwww.......
Not much to say today.......
I just wanted to send you big big hugs..... I know you must miss your little guy so so much :heart3:
:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:
:grphug::grphug::grphug::grphug::grphug::grphug::grphug::grphug::grphug::grphug::grphug::grphug::grphug::grphug::grphug::grphug::grphug::grphug::grphug::grphug::grphug::grphug::grphug:

txcatmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Remember when we discussed how much Mickey looks like my Leo?  When I clicked on this thread I saw the little "photos on this thread" pic of him snuggled against your leg and it took me a minute to figure out it wasn't a photo of me with Leo.  Mickey sounds like he's just as sweet as Leo too.  (Except Leo is not sweet at the vet....LOL.)

I'm so glad to read that he is getting comfy in his new home.  Bless his heart!  And yours!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Remember when we discussed how much Mickey looks like my Leo?  When I clicked on this thread I saw the little "photos on this thread" pic of him snuggled against your leg and it took me a minute to figure out it wasn't a photo of me with Leo.  Mickey sounds like he's just as sweet as Leo too.  (Except Leo is not sweet at the vet....LOL.)

I'm so glad to read that he is getting comfy in his new home.  Bless his heart!  And yours!
I can't wait for Mickey's body to look more like Leo's! 

Awwwwwww.......
Not much to say today.......
I just wanted to send you big big hugs..... I know you must miss your little guy so so much

Thank you Carolina. I do miss him but it's just so great how well he's doing already in his new home.!

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'm so glad he's already "moved right in" with Susan and Charlie, but I know you'll miss him terribly

Now, since you were a bad girl and forgot to take one last picture of him, and I think you said you didn't want to disturb the "new family" for a few weeks, I suggest you ask Susan to take that picture, because WE don't want to have to wait that long to see it

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so glad he's already "moved right in" with Susan and Charlie, but I know you'll miss him terribly :(

Now, since you were a bad girl and forgot to take one last picture of him, and I think you said you didn't want to disturb the "new family" for a few weeks, I suggest you ask Susan to take that picture, because WE don't want to have to wait that long to see it :lol3:
:yeah:

Maybe Susan can join TCS just so Mickey's fan club can enjoy pictures of him! We could put a link from this thread to a thread in the pics forum, no problem! :D :D :D

Aw Medora..... I'm SO glad to hear he's rolling around and purring and the happy guy he is! :heart2: :rub: :heart2: What an amazing kitty, really! WHY was he ever given up in the first place? :sigh:

I also just wanted to add my hugs. You - and Mickey - are just amazing. :heart2:

:grphug2: :grphug2: :grphug2: :grphug2: :grphug2: :grphug2: :grphug2: :grphug2: :grphug2: :grphug2: :grphug2: :grphug2: :grphug2: :grphug2: :grphug2: :grphug2: :grphug2: :grphug2: :grphug2: :grphug2: :grphug2:
:grphug2: :grphug2: :grphug2: :grphug2: :grphug2: :grphug2: :grphug2: :grphug2: :grphug2: :grphug2: :grphug2: :grphug2: :grphug2: :grphug2: :grphug2: :grphug2: :grphug2: :grphug2: :grphug2: :grphug2: :grphug2:

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad he's already "moved right in" with Susan and Charlie, but I know you'll miss him terribly

Now, since you were a bad girl and forgot to take one last picture of him, and I think you said you didn't want to disturb the "new family" for a few weeks, I suggest you ask Susan to take that picture, because WE don't want to have to wait that long to see it

How, 'bout this: I work with Charlie and he and I go out to lunch together every Friday. This Friday we'll go to his house for lunch and I'll take a picture then.
Maybe Susan can join TCS just so Mickey's fan club can enjoy pictures of him! We could put a link from this thread to a thread in the pics forum, no problem! 

I've talked to them about TCS. They don't seem interested. 
 Every one can count on more updates including pictures from me though. They're going to give him a week or two to settle in before they start him back on a reducing diet but after that I'll post updates on his weight loss. Maybe not as often as before but fairly often.
Aw Medora..... I'm SO glad to hear he's rolling around and purring and the happy guy he is! 

What an amazing kitty, really! WHY was he ever given up in the first place? 
I think people frequently *think* they want a pet but then once they get one they found out pet ownership isn't what they imagined. That is why there are so many wonderful animals in shelters. It really annoys me that so many people think that there must be "something wrong" with an animal that was turned into a shelter. 

Mickey slept on the bed with Susan and Charlie last night. They, especially Susan, are just mad about him! 
 I'm sure they will give him a much, much better home than his previous owners did but I'm sorry he had to go through so much before he came to them.

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't forgotten my promise to post another side by side picture of Mickey. I visited him last Fri and got the picture I need but have been a bit distracted by some bad news with regards to him.

Susan took him to their vet and he found a couple of tumors on Mickey's left side. I don't know how big they are but since I never noticed them I assume they are smallish. It's too early to know how bad this news really is. The vet took a needle biopsy and sent it out for evaluation. We won't know until Thursday or Friday what the nature of the tumors are.

I feel terrible for Susan. She has just fallen totally in love with Mickey. If this goes badly it is going to crush her. 

I'll post more when I know more.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my gosh. Hopeully just fatty tumors? It would be just too cruel after all this, for them to be anything else.

:vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes: Mickey :heart3:

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my gosh. Hopeully just fatty tumors? It would be just too cruel after all this, for them to be anything else.

Mickey
Thank you for the vibes otto! "Cruel" is exactly the word that has came to my mind. 

We are trying to stay optimistic but the vet said they looked like mast cells to him. Even if they are mast cells there is still room for hope though. We'll just have to see what the lab has to say.

vball91

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sorry to hear that. More vibes from me as well that they are something benign or easily treatable.

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you all for your well wishes!

The biopsy results are back already, a lot quicker than expected. The results are inconclusive as to whether the tumors are benign or not. The lab wants a tissue sample so the vet is going to go ahead and remove them both and send them in. The vet is feeling a lot more optimistic. Apparently when it comes to tumors 'inconclusive" is good! 

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Thank you all for your well wishes!

The biopsy results are back already, a lot quicker than expected. The results are inconclusive as to whether the tumors are benign or not. The lab wants a tissue sample so the vet is going to go ahead and remove them both and send them in. The vet is feeling a lot more optimistic. Apparently when it comes to tumors 'inconclusive" is good! 
Well, I'm taking this as good news too then

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Quick update: The tumors will be removed on Monday (7-1).

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad they are taking them out. Praying they are benign. They just have to be. Or at least, if they aren't, can be completely removed. Ootay :angel: had cancerous tumors removed and the vet got it all and it never returned.

I'll be thinking of Mickey on Monday. :heart3:

Last edited:

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh no! We've been moving RV sites, and don't have much bandwidth on internet until we get the signal booster set up, so I haven't been on much. Poor Susan and Charlie - poor Mickey!

I really hope they're benign - and if not, that the surgery to remove them makes them GONE and done with! :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: !!!!!!

tjcarst

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Great news, I hope! I've been thinking about Mickey and sending good vibes since reading this turn of events.