Message to the board from Anne

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nope nothing- I merged the two threads together...now it is just a waiting and praying game.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by jgaruba
I'm under the impression that you have to give birth within 24 hours of your water breaking. I don't know why, I probably heard it on tv or something. (And therefore it must be true, right?
)
There is a time after which the risk of infection goes up, so they prefer/try to have someone deliver within 24 hours after rupture of membranes. It's not hard and fast though,in that if all is stable (and there are indicators with fetal heart rate, and mom's temp, that let you know if infection may be setting in) and good progress is being made, you don't just go straight to a c/section after 24 hours.

If I had nails, I'd be chewing them...hoping next time I stop by here, there will be a happy delivery note.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ok I just got word. The baby is in the world! A little boy! Anne was unable to do normal birth as the umbilical cord got wrapped around Dan's neck and he couldn't advance down the birth canal so they took him c-section. He is 7 pounds (I think) I got the measurements in kg 3.77kg

Anne and the baby are fine and she thanks all of you for your positive energy and prayers that were sent. They named him Dan, mom and baby are resting. I do not know what time he was born.

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG!!! That's so wonderful, congratualations Anne!!! When my son was born, the umbilical cord was wrapped around his neck 3 times, so I know just how scary it must have been for you and your family!!!

I can't wait to see pictures!!!!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
BTW, I just converted the 3.77kg to 8.3lbs. Looks like hes going to be a strapping fella!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is wonderful news that Dan is here at last, and mother and son are doing well!
(and now Hissy can get some
tonight!)

jenng

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I missed the announcement! Yay, congratulations Anne! And hubby too.
I can't wait to see pictures of little Dan.

auroraviva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome baby Dan!!!! (I can't WAIT to see pic's!!!) Congrats, Anne and Issac on your new child!! Yay!! I'm so excited!

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so very happy to hear of little Dan's arrival!!! How blessed he is to have such a wonderful family to greet him!
I can't wait to see pics of him!!!!

big kat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Congrats Anne! Welcome to the world little man Dan! I can't wait to see pics, especially if he's anything near as adorable as Ron!!