Memorial Photos,to Celebrate our Love

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
*I can't even imagine keeping ANY cat in a basement. Or surrendering any cat to a shelter.
Having lived in a basement apartment with cats, they were very stressed, even with us with them. Not enough windows 😞

As for surrendering, I simply am so grateful to have a support system who can help when times are rough that prevented that situation from ever occuring. I'm also grateful that I've been in the position to help pay that support forward. I hope that's never a decision I have to make.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Having lived in a basement apartment with cats, they were very stressed, even with us with them. Not enough windows 😞

As for surrendering, I simply am so grateful to have a support system who can help when times are rough that prevented that situation from ever occuring. I'm also grateful that I've been in the position to help pay that support forward. I hope that's never a decision I have to make.
I lived in 332 sq. ft. with my then 3 cats for a year. There were 4 windows in the apartment, 1 of which was blocked by my room a/c unit and surrounding support. So they had 3 not very large windows to choose from. It wasn't easy on them. I had to go UP rather than OUT in terms of the little furniture so they were able to climb. But it was by far the smallest place I lived in with them. The apartment 2 locations before that had 4 windows, all on the same side, looking out onto a concreted courtyard and our sister apartment building. There were at least trees between the buildings, but it was right below the freeway, and there were 50 units altogether, so high traffic and no natural sights. That wasn't easy, either. They were real troopers.
scan.jpg
scan0018.jpg

Two of those three troopers, beloved angels Marley and Simba. :hearthrob: :hearthrob:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise

Me too and I pray that if it came down to my babies needed better care than I could give them that Id have the courage to do what is best for them

This is the one thing that plagues my mind being a cancer patient,I dont believe these sweet angels could have a better life but if something happens to me,.... If I only had a better plan in place Id get some Peace

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Me too and I pray that if it came down to my babies needed better care than I could give them that Id have the courage to do what is best for them

This is the one thing that plagues my mind being a cancer patient,I dont believe these sweet angels could have a better life but if something happens to me,.... If I only had a better plan in place Id get some Peace
If you are spiritual, you know what to do there. If not, you still know, by intuition and intelligence, and you will. I urge everyone who can to set in place legal requirements for loved ones. Alley Cat Allies is one organization that has guidelines on their website for how to do this. I can't stress enough the need to prioritize this.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
If you are spiritual, you know what to do there. If not, you still know, by intuition and intelligence, and you will. I urge everyone who can to set in place legal requirements for loved ones. Alley Cat Allies is one organization that has guidelines on their website for how to do this. I can't stress enough the need to prioritize this.
I do have a will and a trust for the cats in place,my cousin has instructions and it executor- but I just wish there was someone who would keep them all together
5 kitties are alot ,not for us but for most people

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

In Canada there is an organization that helps with cats for those who are at risk for dying, mostly pets of senior citizens. I'm not sure if there's one elsewhere.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
In Canada there is an organization that helps with cats for those who are at risk for dying, mostly pets of senior citizens. I'm not sure if there's one elsewhere.
Perhaps you can send me their #,they might know of a similar org here?I can call and ask- good tip to look up,thank you

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
A Alldara and Kwik Kwik good on you both for taking these critically important steps to protect your loved ones, and for sharing that information. Alley Cat Allies may be helpful here, and/or Animals 24/7, which is an animal-centered news service run by two very fine folks with a lot of knowledge.
Good info,thank you ... will inquire

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
My beloved Cheech
He always said his prayers

I miss my baby boy,life just isn't the same without him- there's such a void in my home and in my heart😥

Attachments

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Kwik Kwik I love orange cats ❣

No home is complete without one.
Until my Cheech I was wild about black cats( they are gorgeous imo) and then I discovered the personalities and characteristics of orange cats -I was actually in an Orange Cat club!!!!Amazing how they have such unique qualities specifically related to color
Like horses,of course color plays a big part in equine characteristics their color outside is opposite skin color and sensitivities ..... I see similar traits specific to color,pretty interesting
Long story short- I completely agree & my house in incomplete

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Everyday I think about my Cheech,I miss him terribly ..... there's something about Timmy that reminds me of Cheech,may seem odd because he's the complete opposite,gray tabby,not a poly,feral... something in those eyes,I imagine if I had Timmy at 4weeks old - yeah,he'd of been just like him

Did anyone see that movie about the dog that gets old,passes on and returns to his owner as a new puppy,another breed but it's him? Just thinking out loud because Timmy put his paw on my foot as hes curled up in front of me----Cheech always had to be touching me ,some part of him on some part of me:catrub:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Everyday I think about my Cheech,I miss him terribly ..... there's something about Timmy that reminds me of Cheech,may seem odd because he's the complete opposite,gray tabby,not a poly,feral... something in those eyes,I imagine if I had Timmy at 4weeks old - yeah,he'd of been just like him

Did anyone see that movie about the dog that gets old,passes on and returns to his owner as a new puppy,another breed but it's him? Just thinking out loud because Timmy put his paw on my foot as hes curled up in front of me----Cheech always had to be touching me ,some part of him on some part of me:catrub:
I haven't seen that film, but it sounds good. There's another film, "To Dance With the White Dog" that is very moving, too, though different from the one you're citing. To Dance with the White Dog (TV Movie 1993) ⭐ 7.3 | Drama It's worth a watch for anyone coping with loss -- of anyone.