Memorial Photos,to Celebrate our Love

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here are the cats that spent the longest time with me. I had other cats too, but they stayed with me for shorter time.

View attachment 452748
This was Lola, the sweetest cat ever. I rescued her and her brother Romeo in May 2000, when they were a few days old. I bottle-fed them, raised them. Her brother died in a car accident shortly before his first year of age. She bonded with me like I could have never imagined. She was literally my shadow, she would talk to me, she would never leave me for a second. She had a nose carcinoma, inside one of her nostrils at the age of 11, she was treated with radio-therapy, that's why she got that greyish area on her face, a spot that, in my opinion, gave her extra beauty. She fought two more cancers after that, the third one took her away from me in March 2017, 6 weeks short of her 17th birthday. I will never forget her, and 7 years later she's still in my thoughts every single day. I love you, sweet Lola.
========

View attachment 452749
This was Pallina (meaning Little Ball in Italian). I found and brought her home in January 2002, she was around 8 months old. She joined my feral colony, but she came from another colony. She never became a lap cat, she spent too long a time as a feral to know how to fully trust a human, but she loved being taken care of, she loved us in her peculiar way. At the age of 15 she got hyperthyroid, and a few months later she was successfully treated with I-131, but meanwhile she had developed further GI issues and she left me in August 2018 due to a liver failure. She spent the last 16 months of her life as the only cat in the house, and she became much more bonded to us. Those 16 months were the best. RIP beloved Pallina.
========

View attachment 452750

This was Tom. He showed up in our yard at the beginning of 2011, stayed for a few days, then he disappeared until June of the same year, when he returned for good. He was an adult cat that someone had dumped. He was sweet, lovely, and respectful of everyone and everything. He was kind to every living creature. He wouldn't chase or prey on birds, butterflies or other small creatures, he just loved to contemplate them. He lived outodoors only, never came in the house. The vet said he was at least 7 years old. He had some incident in his life, he had a damaged nose, lost most of his teeth, and tested positive to FIV. A few months later he tested positive to FeLV too. In 2013, two years after his arrival, he got terribly sick, and he was diagnosed with FIP, which killed him in 7 weeks. He loved everyone, and everyone loved him. RIP my brave aand kind Tom.

Actually the Italian nickname for Frank is Ciccio, pronounced Cheechoh (you can listen to it HERE). Believe me, I'm Italian ;)
Lola, Pallina, and Tom are definitely watching over you and you will meet again in due time, in a place so much better than this one, we can't even imagine it!
I lost two loved ones to FIP, one to dry-form at almost 17, and the other to wet-form, at just shy of 3 months. Both, ever in my heart. I know we will be reunited in due time, never to part.
(Somehow I can't imagine anyone ever calling my dad Ciccio. Francisco, yes.)
IMG_2622.JPG

A sideways pic of our beloved angel Suha enjoying a patio view in the living room. :hearthrob:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Here are the cats that spent the longest time with me. I had other cats too, but they stayed with me for shorter time.

View attachment 452748
This was Lola, the sweetest cat ever. I rescued her and her brother Romeo in May 2000, when they were a few days old. I bottle-fed them, raised them. Her brother died in a car accident shortly before his first year of age. She bonded with me like I could have never imagined. She was literally my shadow, she would talk to me, she would never leave me for a second. She had a nose carcinoma, inside one of her nostrils at the age of 11, she was treated with radio-therapy, that's why she got that greyish area on her face, a spot that, in my opinion, gave her extra beauty. She fought two more cancers after that, the third one took her away from me in March 2017, 6 weeks short of her 17th birthday. I will never forget her, and 7 years later she's still in my thoughts every single day. I love you, sweet Lola.
========

View attachment 452749
This was Pallina (meaning Little Ball in Italian). I found and brought her home in January 2002, she was around 8 months old. She joined my feral colony, but she came from another colony. She never became a lap cat, she spent too long a time as a feral to know how to fully trust a human, but she loved being taken care of, she loved us in her peculiar way. At the age of 15 she got hyperthyroid, and a few months later she was successfully treated with I-131, but meanwhile she had developed further GI issues and she left me in August 2018 due to a liver failure. She spent the last 16 months of her life as the only cat in the house, and she became much more bonded to us. Those 16 months were the best. RIP beloved Pallina.
========

View attachment 452750

This was Tom. He showed up in our yard at the beginning of 2011, stayed for a few days, then he disappeared until June of the same year, when he returned for good. He was an adult cat that someone had dumped. He was sweet, lovely, and respectful of everyone and everything. He was kind to every living creature. He wouldn't chase or prey on birds, butterflies or other small creatures, he just loved to contemplate them. He lived outodoors only, never came in the house. The vet said he was at least 7 years old. He had some incident in his life, he had a damaged nose, lost most of his teeth, and tested positive to FIV. A few months later he tested positive to FeLV too. In 2013, two years after his arrival, he got terribly sick, and he was diagnosed with FIP, which killed him in 7 weeks. He loved everyone, and everyone loved him. RIP my brave aand kind Tom.

Actually the Italian nickname for Frank is Ciccio, pronounced Cheechoh (you can listen to it HERE). Believe me, I'm Italian ;)
Me too,I say ",Cheech ",for the benefit of the Americana .. nice to meet you,I'm Siciliana-1st generation,born in USA.....
I love your Lola,I can't believe she was 11 in that photo,she looks like a kitten... they are all beautiful ,Pallina and Tom who reminds me of Frankie Luigi( my Chi,lol) ...
I know exactly what you mean,thinking of your Lola every single day---- My Lord,how they Blessed our life !
Thank you for sharing about all these wonderful,amazing beauties.....RIP babies,we love you always

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love your Lola,I can't believe she was 11 in that photo,she looks like a kitten...
Well, actually she was 12 years and 3 months old in that photo, she always looked like a very young cat.

Thanks for your kind words ❤
So, you're Sicilian, 1st generation in the US. So you know that Ciccio is mainly used in Sicily, with some influence in very few southern regions too ;)

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very beautiful each of them.

If you hadn't told me it was from her treatment, I would have never guessed her little mask was from that.
She was a dark tortie cat, where the tortie markings were more visible on one of her cheeks and on her back and chest. Her face was mainly black, then the radiations burned her hair on the face and when it grew back, it was silver. To me, she was even more beautiful like that.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, actually she was 12 years and 3 months old in that photo, she always looked like a very young cat.

Thanks for your kind words ❤
So, you're Sicilian, 1st generation in the US. So you know that Ciccio is mainly used in Sicily, with some influence in very few southern regions too ;)
Sure do,lol And being raised in NYC( My parents were the 1st in family to leave Little Italy to upper West Side) It's used alot
My little Cheech's registered name was really Frankie Luigi-I bottle fed and raised him from 5wks( like your Lola)... the breeder was moving out of State,long story ..... I miss my boy terribly Antonio

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are so beautiful How many years were Blessed to share with them?
I got the Baron in June of 2013, and Zika a bit later, don't recall exactly when. But they were friends, which is unusual for cats. Most of the time other cats seem to barely suffer each other. Baron was a late neuter, so he tried to, er, you know, with female cats if he thought he could get away with it. Zika said no, but let him sit next to her.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
I got the Baron in June of 2013, and Zika a bit later, don't recall exactly when. But they were friends, which is unusual for cats. Most of the time other cats seem to barely suffer each other. Baron was a late neuter, so he tried to, er, you know, with female cats if he thought he could get away with it. Zika said no, but let him sit next to her.
They are both beautiful,so sorry for your loss . It's good to remember the wonderful times

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
These photos span more than 30 years. Photos of GC RDreams Golden Bamboo of Posiepurrs (Boo)
Posiepurrs Sunflower (Sunny)
Ornamental Savannah Rose of Posiepurrs (Vannie)
Posiepurrs Solidago (Sol)
Zsa Zsa
RDreams Daisy of Posiepurrs
RDreams Poppy of Posiepurrs
RDreams Lady Lily of Posiepurrs

Attachments

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Neely was surrendered by her owner to the shelter. She seemed so docile when we adopted her but unbeknownst to us it turned out she was harboring a bad URI. Within a month her true disposition came out and it was much larger than life. She was a torbie with tortitude. :wink: She was independent, smart as a whip and feared nothing not even our German Shepherd dog who became her BFF.:hearthrob::redheartpump:
Unfortunately at approx. age 13 she developed cancer of the mandible and passed away.

DSCF0012.JPG

We rescued Gizmo from a backyard breeder who kept him in her basement. He definitely needed a forever home and our kids adored him until at age 3 he succumbed to FIP. Our sweet and harmless Persian boy who had a heart of gold. :goldstar:

DSCF0001.JPG

marshmallow2013

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Neely was surrendered by her owner to the shelter. She seemed so docile when we adopted her but unbeknownst to us it turned out she was harboring a bad URI. Within a month her true disposition came out and it was much larger than life. She was a torbie with tortitude. :wink: She was independent, smart as a whip and feared nothing not even our German Shepherd dog who became her BFF.:hearthrob::redheartpump:
Unfortunately at approx. age 13 she developed cancer of the mandible and passed away.

View attachment 454399

We rescued Gizmo from a backyard breeder who kept him in her basement. He definitely needed a forever home and our kids adored him until at age 3 he succumbed to FIP. Our sweet and harmless Persian boy who had a heart of gold. :goldstar:

View attachment 454400
Neely and Gizmo, both such adorable Angels. Neely reminds me of my cat Mittens. He also passed away from oral cancer at 12. Beautiful photos of your sweet babies.❤

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

View attachment 454399

View attachment 454400
Neely and Gizmo: two amazingly gorgeous felines. I am so sorry for your losses, but so glad that you were fortunate enough to share life and love with them. *I can't even imagine keeping ANY cat in a basement. Or surrendering any cat to a shelter. But that's just me, knowing from birth that cats' unconditional loyalty and love, beauty, grace and so much more are unparalleled and unsurpassed.*