Member under the spotlight!...20-26 July.....JennyRanson!...=)

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OOO, thanks for another wonderful set of answers, Jenny. I'll leave the floor to others for a bit now, while I try to think of some more questions.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by jennyranson

5.- Have you ever to listened at http://www.rippingtons.com/ ?????
No, what is it?
IS Smooth jazz my friend...
...Hi
how is your day today?...I hope fine!....
let see for today
…The topic of today going to be Movies!

1.- Wich one is your favourite Genre of Movies?
2.- Do you collect DVD´s or VHS??,….How many do you have?

3.- Wich one is your favourite Actor Male?
4.- Wich one is your favourite Actor Female?
5.- Have you ever to participated in some Special Event of your favourite artist?
6.- Have you ever to saw in live to some artist? ( I mean is some restaurant, buying at mall or in some resort?)

7.- Do you like to watch the Oscar Awards?

8.- Have you ever to participated in a role in a Theather representation? ( maybe just for fun or when you was on School?) …

9.- If you could to meet to some artist wich one would be and say us why!...

10.- Would you like to live next at some artist (? ( I mean for example your neighboor would be a TV anchor or else?)…
…

Cheers my friend…

katkisses

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What is your 5 favorite cat breeds?

What is your 5 favorite dog breeds?

What is an unusual animal that you like?

Other than France, what has been the best place you have visited?

How did you find TCS?

If you could have any car, what would it be?

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good morning/afternoon or evening

Completely random:

31. What Is The Last Thing You Purchased?
32. Who was the last person to make you mad?
33. Do you sleep on your side, stomach or back?
34. Do you watch the news on a regular basis?
35. What time is your alarm clock set to?

Personality:

36. For the most part are you a happy person?
37. What is an easy way to cheer you up if you are down? (ex. something that always makes you smile)
38. Are you impulsive?
39. Are you early or late?
40. What do you do when you get angry? (yell, stomp away, isolation, etc)
41. Are you an organised person?
42. Do you get over things easily? Or do you hold a grudge?
43. Do you prefer a large group of people or a small group ( under 10) to hang out with?
44. Would others characterise you as friendly?
45. Was is your worst personality trait?
46. What colour is your hair?
47. Do you drink coffee/tea, if so what do you take in it?
48. Are you shy or outgoing?
49. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
50. What's your sign? (cancer, gemini, etc.)

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
These answers will not be typical because I worked in theatre and TV most of my life. And for the last three years I have taken a pretty complete break from even watching anything.

1.- Wich one is your favourite Genre of Movies?

I don't have a favourite, but I hate horror movies and am not very keen on animation. Probably Casablanca is my all time favourite movie

2.- Do you collect DVD´s or VHS??,….How many do you have?

I have several thousand but they are mostly ones I helped make.

3.- Wich one is your favourite Actor Male?

I think Johnny Depp is the best of the younger generation of movie actors.
4.- Wich one is your favourite Actor Female?

Probably Julia Roberts of current stars.

5.- Have you ever to participated in some Special Event of your favourite artist?

I have not met either of those but I have organised many events for people I was working with.

6.- Have you ever to saw in live to some artist? ( I mean is some restaurant, buying at mall or in some resort?)

I have worked with many stars. And more inmportantly, many good Directors. I was at school with Jackie Bisset. I cooked lunch once for Sean Connery. I had dinner with Charlton Heston. I won't go on.

7.- Do you like to watch the Oscar Awards?

Sometimes - I don't stay in for it.

8.- Have you ever to participated in a role in a Theather representation? ( maybe just for fun or when you was on School?) …

I acted a lot at school. My first job was as an assistant stage manager in a theatre, and I also acted on the professional stage, though that was never my ambition. I wanted to produce and direct and do investigative journalism on TV, and eventually I did, winning several international awards for documentary at the NY TV Festival, Prague Film festival and others. My last job in TV was as Chief Executive of the Bosnian NAtional TV Network, which I helped put together again after the war and trained their journalists and staff.

9.- If you could to meet to some artist wich one would be and say us why!...

Steven Spielberg - he is brilliant and so imaginative.

- Would you like to live next at some artist (? ( I mean for example your neighboor would be a TV anchor or else?)……

Not much! My sister is a TV/radio anchor and roving reporter (I gave her her first professional job!), I also presented many of my own programmes and my friends mostly work on TV or journalism.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What is your 5 favorite cat breeds?

I like the Oriental breeds best, with their long lean shape and pointed faces. So Siamese, Burmese and similar. But I also love the colour and Shape of the Ruissian Blue and I would secretly love to own a Bengal. But all my cats are 100% Alleycat and I love them to bits.

What is your 5 favorite dog breeds?

I am not really a dog person, but I know I don't like small yapping dogs.

What is an unusual animal that you like?

It is not unusual as an animal but maybe to like it - I love goats and I plan to get one soon.

Other than France, what has been the best place you have visited?

Difficult question - I love mountains and rivers, and the Bosnian mountains are wonderful. The Canadian Rockies are even more spectacular. But some of the archaeological sites I have been to have been awesome - particularly Palmyra in Syria.

How did you find TCS?

I was searching online for help in removing black motor oil and grit from Persil, the night I found her, sheltering under my car. Hissy gave me good advice and I have been here ever since.

If you could have any car, what would it be?

I loved my jeep, which has just died. So another 4x4, but in perfect condition! And the money to run it.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I cooked lunch once for Sean Connery.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello again Chris! You are not making my life easy!

31. What Is The Last Thing You Purchased?

A new vacuum cleaner, this morning, as my old one fell apart and I could no longer tape it together.

32. Who was the last person to make you mad?

Whoever was responsible for the chain of events that led to a poor sick tabbycat finding his way to my friend's house yesterday, too ill to be saved.

33. Do you sleep on your side, stomach or back?

Depends how many cats are preventing me from moving.

34. Do you watch the news on a regular basis?

Yes, morning and evening. BBC, CNN and local French news

35. What time is your alarm clock set to?

It is never set unless I have to get up for a plane or a ferry. Unless you mean the cats, whose stomachs are set to 6.30!
Personality:

36. For the most part are you a happy person?

It has differed at different times of my life. Now, yes I am mainly happy, though my life is quite stressed. I am a rubber ball.

37. What is an easy way to cheer you up if you are down? (ex. something that always makes you smile)

Cat antics
38. Are you impulsive?

Yes, I can be. I have made a few mistakes by not thinking things through enough.

39. Are you early or late?

Usually early
40. What do you do when you get angry? (yell, stomp away, isolation, etc)

I do not lose my temper - though sometimes I can pretend to, which can be a shock for people. If I get angry I generally go away and think things through.

41. Are you an organised person?

At work yes, personally no.

42. Do you get over things easily? Or do you hold a grudge?

I try not to hold grudges but I find it hard to trust people who have let me down.

43. Do you prefer a large group of people or a small group ( under 10) to hang out with?

As I get older I find I prefer small groups of people over large parties.

44. Would others characterise you as friendly?

I hope so. I do find I am more impatient now and I don't waste time with those I know I won't like. But if someone needs help, then I am the first to wade in.

45. Was is your worst personality trait?

Laziness and putting things off.

46. What colour is your hair?

Probably grey! But I colour it medium brown, which was my natural colour.

47. Do you drink coffee/tea, if so what do you take in it?

I prefer tea which I take with milk. I will drink coffee to be sociable, but I have never really liked it. When I take it, I also just have a little milk, except after dinner when I drink it black and unsweetened.

48. Are you shy or outgoing?

Again, something that has changed. I used to be a definite extrovert but I have changed to more of an introvert and I wait these days to be introduced. I have no fear of the public, though - I could still stand up and make a speech to thousands if necessary.

49. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

I live in that fantasy world where I think that to be 30 pounds lighter would make my life perfect!

50. What's your sign? (cancer, gemini, etc.)

I never read horoscopes, but my sign is Virgo.__________________

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi
It´s me again!...
...., how is your day today?...I hope fine!....
....I can see that someone had done their home work!...
..... let see for now
…Ready for another set?....
...The topic of now is of General stuffs around you life...

1.- Wich one is the most crazy thing that have you ever do it???? ( I mean for example, Jump in parachute, Take a Snake live, Jump in Bungee etc)
2.- Do you have indor plants at home?
3.- If you can travel in time and to meet to some historycal person WHO would be and Tell us why?...

4.- If you have the money power to move to some part of the world ( of course with your kittys) wich place would be and why.....
5.- What is the thing that really anoy you on the persons.......( for example: the hypocresy, the envy etc)

6.- Are you Religious?

7.- Favourite Salad?

8.- favourite pop soda?

9.- Choose one would you prefer to watch Sunrise
or Sunset and tell us why......
10.- Do you have a car? wich type is it?....

Have a nice afternoon my friend!....

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1.- Wich one is the most crazy thing that have you ever do it???? ( I mean for example, Jump in parachute, Take a Snake live, Jump in Bungee etc)

I did once jump off a harbour wall into deep water while wearing a new silk dress. It was in Greece, but I can't remember why I did it! Actually probably the craziest thing I ever did was decide to go to Bosnia, to a war zone, to take over a major international media project, after less than 5 minutes' consideration of the possible consequences.

2.- Do you have indor plants at home?

Yes, not so many now as they have been destroyed by the cats, but I still have a weeping fig tree and a ficus that they mostly leave alone.

3.- If you can travel in time and to meet to some historycal person WHO would be and Tell us why?...

I would like to meet the Emperor Napoleon and take part in some of his struggles, on and off the battle field. He was such a complex character, inspired devotion and leadership, yet was hated by many. I would like to know just how his charisma worked. And it was such an interesting time, the fight between the new ideas of democracy and those who just wanted to grab power.

4.- If you have the money power to move to some part of the world ( of course with your kittys) wich place would be and why.....

I wouldn't want to be anywhere else than where I am. I chose htis place after much consideration and though it is not perfect (where is) I love it here.

5.- What is the thing that really anoy you on the persons.......( for example: the hypocresy, the envy etc)

I hate people with closed minds who cannot discuss ideas rationally and use their prejudices to refuse logic.

6.- Are you Religious?

No, I am not, though I was raised a Catholic. I have a good knowledge of several religions and respect other people's opinions, though hate extremism of any sort. I do believe that to understand a culture you have to understand their religion as it touches so many things - language, customs, art, literature.

7.- Favourite Salad?

Nicoise, which is a mix of tuna, green beans, eggs, boiled potatoes, olives, onions and anchovies.

8.- favourite pop soda?

I hate all sweet fizzy drinks.

9.- Choose one would you prefer to watch Sunrise or Sunset and tell us why......

Good question - I like both. I have a bedroom window that looks east and I wake to the sunrise, but my living room looks southwest so I see the sunset. And both can be spectacular here. It also depends on whether you are really looking forward to the day or are pleased with it at the end.

10.- Do you have a car? wich type is it?....

I have just scrapped my beloved Jeep, and bought a very ordinary but reliable Renault Megane estate car (station wagon) in dark blue. It is functional and comfortable with lots of room for all the things I am always carrying, but it doesn't thrill me every time I get into it like the jeep did.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Ready for a quickly set?...

1. What's your favorite hobby?...

2. What's one trait you hate about yourself?....

3. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment:….

4. What do you read in the bathroom?....

5. Current worry right now?....

6. Hight heels or low heels are you wearing right now?....

7. Favorite place to be on weekends?....

8. Where would you like to go?.....

9. What´s your Favourite pop soda….

10. What colour shirt or blouse are you wearing right now?....

cattoys

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Guys post more questions for her so that we can know her more better...

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At 17.00 in Mexico it was midnight here in France and I was asleep!

Now 25 random facts - oh dear>

1. I am the eldest of four siblings _ I have two brothers and a sister.

2. I have one daughter, who is 32 and works as a math teacher in a large boarding school in the UK.

3. I have been married twice and had a number of live-in relationships. Now I prefer to live alone, as far as human company is concerned.

4. I was educated at the Lycee Francais in London and Leeds University, where I read Chinese.

5. I also hold an MA in Public Communication.

6. I speak English, French, Bosnian and what Chinese I can remember, which is not much.

7. I was a member of the 60's generation, with all that implies!

8. I collect plates, small boxes and Christmas decorations and have many from many different countries.

9. I have been horse mad since I was nine. My love of cats didn't develop till my teen years.

10. I am not what you would call sporty. However I do love horse riding, skiing, windsurfing and dinghy sailing. As I now have athritis in my knees and fingers, these are difficult to do now, which I much regret.

11. I have never had long manicured fingernails!

12. I do not ever wear make-up - even when young I hated the feel of eye gunk.

13. My feet are my best feature - well-shaped and strong. They have never let me down.

14. I think my nose is my worst feature - it is a family trait to have a large one.

15. The thing I am proudest of in my life is being the first woman to fight a divorce case in the UK without a lawyer. It made the national and international press in 1972 and opened the floodgates to do-it-yourself divorce.

16. I was awarded an OBE in 1996 (Officer of the Order of the British Empire) which I received from the Queen.

17. The thing I most hate is being in a large room of people, none of whom I know.

18. Give me a microphone and I will happily talk for hours to a large crowd!

19. I hate wearing glasses although I should. I keep taking them off and losing them.

20. One thing I regret is not being able to sing. I really cannot reproduce a note and do not sing even to myself. I always know at once if someone else sings offkey, though.

I can't think of anything else that has not been covered by other questions! Let me know if htere is anything that these facts suggest.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some of htese have been covered before:

1. What's your favorite hobby?...

When the weather is good, gardening. When it is not, I do needlepoint.

2. What's one trait you hate about yourself?....

Laziness and putting things off. THis is easier in retirement, and I have to force myself to get on with things.

3. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment:….

Why can I not see any cats? Where are they and what are they doing?
I should be ironing sheets instead of being on TCS
What shall I have for dinner tonight? I need to look in the freezer and go to the veg garden.

4. What do you read in the bathroom?....

I don't
5. Current worry right now?....

How long it will take me to save enough money to do my house extension.

6. Hight heels or low heels are you wearing right now?....

Since I was up at 7AM to muck out the ponies before making breakfast for 8 campers and their horses, I am wearing flat shoes. These days I almost never wear high heels - maybe a low court sandal with a summer skirt occasionally.7.

Favorite place to be on weekends?....

I am here. I spend Saturday doing a changeover in the gite as one renter leaves and another arrives, and I go to the large street market in Caen on Sunday morning.

8. Where would you like to go?.....

Paris for a weekend
9. What´s your Favourite pop soda….

I hate fizzy drinks
10. What colour shirt or blouse are you wearing right now?....

I have a blue sweatshirt with the Kirov ballet logo on it that I bought in St Petersburg. I have started wearing all my collection of souvenir t-shirts and sweaters.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

At 17.00 in Mexico it was midnight here in France and I was asleep!

another set..

1. Have you ever to sleeped on satin sheets?

2. Can you whistle?..

3. Favorite color?...
4. Would you be a Pirate? (Disguise for Halloween…..arrrrrrrrrrgh!)…

5. What songs do you sing in the shower?...

6. Favorite Girl's Name?...

7. Favorite Baseball Team?..

8. Favorite boy's name?...

9. What's in your pocket right now?...

10. Last thing that made you laugh?....

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was delighted to see the Cirque du Soleil among your most respected famous Canadians (your other choices weren't too shabby, either
). Which of their shows have you seen? Where? Do you have DVDs or CDs of some of their shows?