Member Spotlight of the Week - May 22nd-28th - !!!!!KATSPIXIEDUST!!!!!

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kellyyfaber

I've got a few more!!! WOO All right!

1. Have you ever accidentally eaten a bug (that you're aware of
)
Yes! I can remember riding bikes when I was about 8 and having some nasty little fly or something equally as small fly into my mouth and I swallowed it. BLECH.
WORSE though once I was walking and a bug flew right into my eye!!!! AHHH!

2. What's the craziest thing you've ever done on a dare? I think it would either be kissing a girl, dancing on a pole in a friend's garage, or changing clothes with a guy in the backseat of a car!

3. Do you giggle out loud when you're in a public restroom and the person beside you lets out a little poot (or two)? Not out loud, but I definitely giggle inwardly!
Sometimes I'm just disgusted though and can't wait to get the heck out of there!!!
Thanks for the questions Kelly!!

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mferr84

A few more!

1. Most things people do are influenced somewhat by how their parents did things (ex. what brands you use, how you clean, what is socially acceptable, etc...) Do you think you and Brendan as a couple do things more like your parents did them, or like his parents did things? Hmmmmm...interesting question!! I think it's probably more like his parents did things. My dad (though a very loving and wonderful man) is by NO means romantic and though my mom would have loved to do more things like Brendan and I do, they didn't really do a lot of the things taht we do in our relationship.

2. Do you take offense to things that people might say easily or would you not even notice if they were trying to offend you? I would definitely notice. It totally depends on what they said though to determine if I would actually take offense or not. Sometimes I might just notice and make a sarcastic comment in return without feeling bothered by what they said at all!

3. In any situation, are you the one who is serious or tries to make light of things? I take things seriously, but I like to try to find the bright spot. Generally I come up with some reason as to why everything will be ok in hopes of easing everyone's minds.

4. What was the very first thing you wanted to be when you grew up, and if you dont still want to do that, why not? And what caused you to change your mind? A ballerina. I would STILL love to be a ballerina, but it's too late for that because even though I've danced my entire life I shifted from ballet to jazz back to ballet then to hip-hop then some gymnastics followed by a little acting in there then onto a dance team where we did jazz, hip-hop, and high kick and then finally back to ballet again...whew! So, as you can see I jumped around a bit too much to rock as a ballerina!!
Fun questions!!!

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

do you sleep naked? lol! I rarely sleep naked! Somtimes I just sleep with a pair of panties on though. I just have to have something on on the bottom half!!
do your feet smell right now? Let me check...nope! I'm really lucky because it takes a lot for my feet to smell. Brendan on the other hand almost always has really awful smelly feet!!

is it hot over there? (it is here and i have a massive headache
) Apparently it's 83F here right now and it feels great to me outside. It's been cloudy all day so the sun hasn't been out to make things unbearable! Sorry you have a headache.

how are you right at this moment? I'm ok. I need a shower and my legs need to shaving REALLY badly, but other than that I'm fine. Just relaxing and wondering whether to make angel hair pasta or a frozen stir fry meal for dinner.
I'm bummed that my time is almost up though! I need more questions before I'm done!!!! This spotlight thing is addicting!
Hope your headache gets better fwan!

cazx01

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
awww Kat time flies when you're having fun

just a couple more..... sorry if they have been asked before
i did try and chesk!

1. What is the number 1 thing that you love about Brendan?

2. If you could change one thing about him, what would if be?(this can even be his smelly feet
)

3.how many hours a day would you say you spent here on TCS?

chester&piper

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Time sure does fly by, eh?!! I hope you've enjoyed your time in the spotlight!

S'more Q's for ya!

Do you have any favourite animals (other than kitties!)?

What is one food you couldn't live without?

Have you ever met anyone famous?

If you could meet anyone, living or not, who would it be?

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?/10 years?

That's it for now! I'll try and come up with some more for your last day!!

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Great answers Katherine and again, awesome and funny questions everyone.
This is quite fun to read.

1. Is there anything you like about Brendan that he doesn't like about himself? What is it?

2. Is there anything Brendan likes about you that you don't like about yourself?

3. You're alone outside an apartment door banging on it and yelling something. Why Katherine?... Why?

4. When was the last time you binged on something delicious? (at least I hope it was something delicious
)

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cazx01

awww Kat time flies when you're having fun

just a couple more..... sorry if they have been asked before
i did try and chesk!

1. What is the number 1 thing that you love about Brendan? Erm......wow...that's tough. Hmmmm. You know I think the one thing that would make it hard for me to date him if he lost, is his sense of humor. It's one of the things that still sticks out in my mind from those first months we knew each other (2 years before we started dating) and he still keeps me cracking up to this day. That's definitely my #1 thing about him.

2. If you could change one thing about him, what would if be?(this can even be his smelly feet
) How quickly he can get frustrated (with other things, he doesn't do it towards me)...oh...and his smelly feet.

3.how many hours a day would you say you spent here on TCS? Probably when you total it it's about 2 hours. A lot of the time I just pop on randomly for a minute or I'll end up leaving the screen open but I'm genuinely here probably an average of 2 hours. I guess. I don't really know. lol.
Fun ones Carrie!

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Chester&Piper

Time sure does fly by, eh?!! I hope you've enjoyed your time in the spotlight! I've been having a great time!!

S'more Q's for ya!

Do you have any favourite animals (other than kitties!)? I love Chinchillas! They are so awesome!! I also love Greyhounds and Shetland Sheepdogs (RIP Gypsy
). As far as wild animals go I've always been fascinated by owls! I really just love animals, but those mentioned and probably any wild cat are my non-kitty favorites.

What is one food you couldn't live without? DONUTS!

Have you ever met anyone famous? Yes! When I was 16 I met 98Degrees with my friend Joy. More recently in 2002 I met Nick Carter and he actually put suntan lotion on my arm!
I've also seen Leonardo DiCaprio and Meg Ryan close up, but never actually met them. So they only half count!

If you could meet anyone, living or not, who would it be? I would meet Freud, so I could figure out what the heck was wrong with him!
There's a bunch of people I'd like to meet though. Some for educational/inspirational purposes, and some just because it would be really freaking cool!

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?/10 years? Well let's see. In 5 years I should be working on my doctorate. Hopefully I've gotten into UF's Counselor Education with a specialization in Marriage/Family Therapy doctoral program and though I don't like Gainesville, I should be living there. I'd be 27 so I hope to at least be engaged. I'll probably have a counseling job on the side while I go to school, and hopefully Brendan will be living close by so we don't have to do even a slightly long distance thing again (did it my sophomore year of undergrad, and it really sucks). In 10 years I'll be 32. I hope to have had my doctorate for 4 years, be working as a partner in a private practice and on my way to being established enough to move up into my own practice. I'll (hopefully) have been married for a few years and will have my first of two kids (I'd like them to be about 3 by that time). Life should be settling in finally, and I hope to be in a peaceful, happy place.

That's it for now! I'll try and come up with some more for your last day!!
Thanks so much Linda!! Those were great questions!!! Can't wait to see what you come up with tomorrow!

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hydroaxe

Great answers Katherine and again, awesome and funny questions everyone.
This is quite fun to read.
I'm glad you think so! I've been having a great time this week!!

1. Is there anything you like about Brendan that he doesn't like about himself? What is it? His occassional intense sensitivity. It's not often that he gets really emotional, but when something important to him is harmed or he's had a long series of bad luck he can get pretty emotional and I think it's really endearing. It means a lot to me that he can be like taht in front of me. And who wouldn't like a guy who gets really emotional about his new kitten going to the vet and being told that she may need surgery? He's the perfect balance of emotion and strength in my eyes.

2. Is there anything Brendan likes about you that you don't like about yourself? My hair, sometimes. I won't let it go without straightening it because I feel like it looks horrible. He thinks it looks great either way. Sometimes I try to let it go without straightening but I'm so neurotic about my hair that I end up straightening it about an hour later!

3. You're alone outside an apartment door banging on it and yelling something. Why Katherine?... Why? Oh this one is easy, and quite likely to happen actually!!! I'm in my pajamas probably at about 4 am, pounding on my neighbors door. He's decided to have another party and I'm sick and tired of listening to his CRAPPY beats blaring through my thin apartment walls while I TRY to get a few hours of uninterrupted sleep before I have to wake up at 7:15 to go to work at the visitation center!!!!!! So, since I can't take it anymore I've run over there in a blind rage, unaware that my pajama shorts are probably tucked into my underwear and that my hair literally looks like rats are living in it, and am pounding and kicking the door screaming as many profanities as come to mind in the process.

4. When was the last time you binged on something delicious? (at least I hope it was something delicious
) It was Monday afternoon. I was at my parents house for a short visit and my grandmother had made chocolate chip cookies. I had like 6 of them...and then immediately felt terrible for it.
Always love your questions Ryan!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katspixiedust

Hope your headache gets better fwan!
thank you it took 4 hours even with paracetamol to go away.
The spotlight is addictive isnt it??
i was bummed on the thursday because i was like..
my time is up

well you got away with it, i didnt ask such awful questions.

If you were to go to another planets to meet aliens and they had lots of sun there but couldnt return to earth would you go???

Have you picked someone for the next spot light?
do you have hairs on your feet?
do you have hairs on your hands?
do you have hairs on your face?
how many scratches do you have right now from waffle?
where was the worst place for you to be scratched?
what time do you get up every day?

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Interesting answers as always Katherine.
Brendan sounds like a great guy for you and he's not so unlucky himself.
Fwan took over the task of introducing Gilly to Fwan's "snail" last week, so right now I only have one question...

1. Have you missed any questions this week?
(Can anyone say otherwise?
)

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

thank you it took 4 hours even with paracetamol to go away.
The spotlight is addictive isnt it??
i was bummed on the thursday because i was like..
my time is up

well you got away with it, i didnt ask such awful questions.

If you were to go to another planets to meet aliens and they had lots of sun there but couldnt return to earth would you go??? No way. I like Earth just fine and am happy with the amount of sun I get here. No aliens for me!

Have you picked someone for the next spot light? I think I have. I was thinking about it last night and it's a really tough decision! Right now I've pretty much picked someone out, but there were 3 or 4 people that I was having a tough time deciding between.
do you have hairs on your feet? Yep...the little white peach fuzzy kind.
do you have hairs on your hands? Yep...same as with my feet.
do you have hairs on your face? Yep...same as with my feet and hands! Now hopefully it'll always stay that way!

how many scratches do you have right now from waffle? I actually don't have any from Waffle right now. She's pretty good about not scratching. I have 4 large scratches on my left foot from my mom's kitten Noel and 3 small ones on my upper right thigh from Brendan's kitten Hida. The other day Hida also decided to jump directly onto my back while I was sitting at his computer and just HANG there. That hurt SO BADLY but it didn't leave any scratch marks. You should have heard my scream though!!

where was the worst place for you to be scratched? When I was moving from my one bedroom apartment to my two bedroom Waffle got freaked and scratched me right above my chest (where it's basically just skin and bones). They were HUGE scratches too. Spanned from about my collarbone to the top of my breast. That was absolutely the worst and most painful spot I've ever been scratched.

what time do you get up every day? Well it varies depending on what I have to do that day. If I get to sleep in it's usually about 9:30 when I wake up. If I'm working at the visitation center on Saturday's then I have to wake up at 7:15 and on Monday's I get up at 7:45 to go teach Body Pump.
I can't believe this is my last day!

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Interesting answers as always Katherine.
Brendan sounds like a great guy for you and he's not so unlucky himself.
Thanks Ryan! That's very sweet of you!
Fwan took over the task of introducing Gilly to Fwan's "snail" last week, so right now I only have one question...

1. Have you missed any questions this week?
(Can anyone say otherwise?
)
I really don't THINK that I have! After seeing Fwan be so harsh on Gilly for missing some I tried really hard to make sure that I got all of them.

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by katspixiedust

I really don't THINK that I have! After seeing Fwan be so harsh on Gilly for missing some I tried really hard to make sure that I got all of them.
Hmmm... yeah I don't think you have either. On top of that, you never dodged any questions with less than satisfying answers, which also awakens the worm...
I don't know what to do?
You deserve something!

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Hmmm... yeah I don't think you have either. On top of that, you never dodged any questions with less than satisfying answers, which also awakens the worm...
I don't know what to do?
You deserve something!
I generally have no problem answering questions completely honestly! Whatever shall you do now Ryan?!?!