Mega massive vibes for Lazlo urgent

calvin&i

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Great news, Laurie!!!

Lazlo, some more distance to go, buddy, and you're such a trooper.

cyclesarah

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh yay! So happy to hear that he is doing better. I'll keep sending those healing vibes!

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How's our boy?

to Lazlo and everyone else in the family too

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Loads and loads of
to Lazlo and the whole gang today. We can't forget to send
to Lazlo's brother's and sister's, I am sure they are worried about Laz too.
. And more love vibes for his vet appt. tomorrow

p.s. How has it been getting Lazlo into the crate? ESP????

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yeah, he disappeared last Tuesday for the trip for the ultrasound LOL.

Lazlo continues to do GREAT! He's been waking me up every 1.5 hours through the night asking for food.
I'm going to be VERY surprised if he hasn't gained more weight.

We didn't take him for the first treatment of the third round today (he gets weekly treatments, four weeks on, one week off. The week off he gets the ultrasound to see where things stand with the tumor). We normally go Tuesdays, but had to head into New York for biz, so he's going tomorrow.

Notably, despite all our obvious "getting ready to go" stuff this morning, Lazlo did not hide. Of course.
Oh - and it's an afternoon treatment, so REALLY off schedule. Any takers on a bet he'll go into hiding late tomorrow morning?
(You'd have to be on the side of the bet that he doesn't - or that he goes into hiding early). I'm betting about 15 minutes before we're supposed to crate him... we won't be able to find him.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am going against the odds and betting he won't hide
, only because I want it to be easy on you tomorrow getting him crated
. We will see who wins
:. I am betting though that he has gained more weight with eating around the clock. Your sleep deprivation must not be in vain, he has to weigh more

for all to go well with the treatment to blast away more of the that tumor.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Two minutes ago I was looking at Lazlo up on the front dash, lounging. We're about to get ready to go.... and I see him nowhere!

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

Two minutes ago I was looking at Lazlo up on the front dash, lounging. We're about to get ready to go.... and I see him nowhere!
You mean I lost my bet
????????? How did it go today?

crumbandharvey

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Been gone a few days due to Internet woes... Laurie, this is so good to read. (Other than the waking up every 1.5 hours!)
Can't wait to hear how today went!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OK. He switched up one of the treatments today - Lazlo received Elspar and VinBLASTine.

Apparently we enter a new "cycle" now. It's still four treatments, skip treatment (get ultrasound), then four treatments. But the treatments are now every-other week.

In talking about the situation, the first thing the doc said was that "Lazlo's stable." I asked him to clarify - did the tumor not shrink from 8cm to 5.24cm? "Yes, it did. But it's not gone, it's not in remission." Although our initial talk about it indicated chemo could take up to six months, he always seems disappointed there's not more progress.

He said that apparently Lazlo falls into that "15-20% of cats" that respond to treatment but don't rapidly go into remission. I don't remember THAT discussion. Doc now says Lazlo's cancer may never go into remission, but "maintenance" chemotherapy - every 3-4 weeks may be necessary as long as... it keeps the cancer at bay.

So after the every-other week cycles, we move to every 3rd week treatment cycles, then every month.... if he hasn't gone into remission by then. And my understanding is we may give maintenance chemo even if it does go into remission. Not sure.

And Lazlo LOST weight. He weighs 10.9 pounds (10 pounds, 14 ounces) now. That always shakes us up, when we're so sure he gained weight. Gary blames the 24 hours without food last week.

Either way, he clearly doesn't feel too well this evening. He ate an entire jar of baby food when we got home (I wanted him to have a treat
), so that was good, but he only "nibbled" at dinner. I'll syringe him probably 3 oz of food before I head to sleep (2 feedings). I'm sure after the anti-nausea med in the morning he'll feel better tomorrow.

So... not good, not bad. I pointed out to Gary, the main thing is that so far we've at least... "contained" the cancer, and we've found the right med mix that - for the most part - leaves him feeling well, like himself, and able to enjoy being with us.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

So... not good, not bad. I pointed out to Gary, t he main thing is that so far we've at least... "contained" the cancer, and we've found the right med mix that - for the most part - leaves him feeling well, like himself, and able to enjoy being with us.
Laurie, YES YES, please keep telling yourselves the above. You can see this so clearly, the "Cancer IS under control!!" and contained. I am sure you want to hear more positive, upbeat reports and comments from the vet. But I really don't think it is negative at all. AND - Lazlo might NOT be in that 20% that don't go into remission quickly. AND Lazlo IS responding to treatment. He just has to state the facts and statistics to you. This doesn't mean Lazlo will follow the rules!!!!
. Lazlo could easily go into a remission at anytime now
. YES -- he is happy
He is enjoying his life more than he was a couple of months ago
and he is more like himself than before
. He is so loved by you and Gary and he LOVES you both so much for fighting this cancer with him. Lazlo does know all that you are doing for him so he can be comfortable and a really good chance at a longer life with the two best kitty parents on the planet

I am sending Lazlo ENORMOUS, GIGANTIC vibes. I am sure he does not feel the greatest, especially since a new medication was introduced today. To be expected
. Really hoping tomorrow he is feeling better and had a better appetite
truckloads of hugs to you, Laurie
:v ibes:

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

the main thing is that so far we've at least... "contained" the cancer, and we've found the right med mix that - for the most part - leaves him feeling well, like himself, and able to enjoy being with us.

Laurie, for you Gary and Lazlo.

You guys are doing such an amazing job for Lazlo and it's obvious how much he loves you from how well he's doing.

Loads of good coming for Lazlo and hopes that he'll have his appetite back in no time.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

I'm just exhausted!
But Lazlo can wake me up any time to ask for food.
AWWWW Sweetie. I fear you would lose sleep either way, because he woke you up to be fed
OR because he didn't wake you up to be fed
. I know how important it is to you that he eats and how good that feeling IS when they do eat.
Truckloads of hugs and vibes coming your way today

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How's everyone feeling today? Hopefully Laurie, you're still exhausted (meaning Lazlo continued to wake you up all night wanting to eat
), which would make Gary feel better about Laz, and, naturally, would mean Laz is feeling better, since he wants to eat!

for all of you.

I sort of know how you feel. I actually keep some of Sven's "special" dry food right on my bookcase headboard, so if he happens to wake me in the night, I can open up the container and hold some in my hand and let him eat it. If I thought he's eat it, I'd get up and give him wet food then too, but he's picky at best about wet food.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks for asking.

Unfortunately, the Elspar doesn't seem to agree with him.
He was due for the app stimulant today. He keeps coming around to ask for food, but doesn't want to eat it. He's nibbled a bit, and the syringing isn't making him sick (well, he's keeping it down). He's been otherwise sleeping most of today.

He didn't wake me up at all last night. Gary did, but that's a different story....

I'm sure he'll feel better soon.
He's a little fighter!

OH! I don't keep the kibble in a baggie under my pillow anymore LOL. Everyone caught on, and there was no way to feed Laz without everyone coming running.
So I have to get up and feed him in the bathroom (the only room we can close off in the RV lol).

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

So... not good, not bad. I pointed out to Gary, the main thing is that so far we've at least... "contained" the cancer, and we've found the right med mix that - for the most part - leaves him feeling well, like himself, and able to enjoy being with us.
Not bad is good
Lazlo is lucky you found the right meds for him
It's also good that he's eating