Meet Aleister and Grace

krashballz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So I know several of you guys here on TCS. I had a 14 year old with lymphoma that passed away November 8th. A lot of you gave me really good advice & outstanding support during Krash's illness that really helped me get through it. And I thank you all for that.
Now I'm here to introduce my new babies. It took 2 to fill the space that Krash left. I didn't plan on getting another cat so soon, and definitely not TWO cats, but my house was so quiet and empty. And I needed some kitty cuddles. So there I was, less than a week later, at the Cat City adoption shelter. I found this little guy as soon as I walked in.
He was in the corner, alone. I've kinda got a thing for loners :) His name is Aleister & he's 6 months old now. He is amazingly soft & sweet.
As we were leaving, another kitten caught my eye. Sitting in the middle of the floor, alone (told you lol), and no one was paying her much attention because she wasn't "being cute" like the other kittens in the room. So I picked her up.
And that was that. She came home with us. We called her Grace. She is also 6 months old. She is the most graceful, polite kitten I've ever met.

They aren't litter mates (they came from different places to the shelter where we adopted them), but you'd never guess it. They ADORE each other. And we adore them :)

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

krashballz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just edited the post, laralove laralove . I accidentally hit submit before I was done lol.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
What beautiful kitties!  I got my black cat Zoe the same way--she was sitting by herself, not being "cute" like her brother Rico.  Hubby fell in love with Rico because he was so playful but I wanted the quiet, sweet little black kitty so we ended up with them both.  

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
It's great that you've opened your heart and home to two felines in need of both. Black kittens/cats tend to get overlooked (or people are superstitious about them), so it's wonderful that you chose those two beauties.

, Aleister and Grace!

blackcat416

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Absolutely cutie pies. When I went to Morris Refuge I didn't make it past the window. 2 adorable kitty's I had to have, I named them Matthew and Rachel. They were 3 months old when I got them and are now 4 years old. Even though I have 8 cats, Matthew is the only cat Rachel will play with. Congratulations. Rachel is White.

krashballz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you, everybody, for so warmly welcoming Aleister & Grace! They've both been such a joy to have around. I'm pretty sure I needed them as much as they needed me. They just warm my heart :)

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
 I  just wanted to say "thank you"....for posting about your old cat krash...and also your new cats.

i had a hard time two weeks ago with one of my young cats...only 2yrs3mths...he passed on....but i came across your posts at night....and your cat kinda reminded me of my own black cat....i was reading through them...and really rooting for him....and of course the end made me cry....but somehow you helped me realize that the pain that "animal people" feel and go through... is all part of life..very universal and very personal....but that even though their lives may be short or longer..the joy that they bring us far outweighs the bad days.   I am so glad that you decided on another two cats...cause i think that krash would look down and smile.

krashballz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
cat nap cat nap , I am so very sorry you lost your baby. It's true that the feelings of loss and sadness are universal. And my heart breaks all over again when I learn that someone else has lost their kitty. I'm glad you found some comfort in reading through Krash's thread. Thank you for taking the time to read it. You are very correct when you say the joy they bring outweighs the sadness of losing them. Even though I know how his story ends, if I could go back, I wouldn't change a thing with Krash. Take care & be strong :)

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
@Krashballz  i forgot to ask.....what's up with the bowtie...is aleister British....does he meow in an accent? just joking...and thanks for the wishes

krashballz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
cat nap cat nap Haha! He could be! I should get him a little monocle and top hat lol

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
@Krashball... oh noooo!.:doh3:...dressing animals up is sooooo wrong! ....lol....(unless its halloween or christmas day...maybe)  even if they look like the cutest things in the world...(.OKay maybe if they pick out their own costume).....you know what....if Aleister starts watching Coronation Street or British sitcoms then i give my blessings for the top hat (no monacle..lol).....he...he.:king:

Last edited:

4leia

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
your kitties are so adorable, they look like my Anikan! 
 I love black cats and am always so happy to see that other people love them too!!!!

krashballz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
4leia 4leia I'm the same way about black cats! It makes me all warm and fuzzy when I see someone adopting one. I'd have 100 if I could. Of course, it might get pretty confusing when they're all black lol

allenkm allenkm Thank you! They are very, very sweet kittens. I don't know what I'd do without them :)

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
@4leia I'm the same way about black cats! It makes me all warm and fuzzy when I see someone adopting one. I'd have 100 if I could. Of course, it might get pretty confusing when they're all black lol

@allenkm Thank you! They are very, very sweet kittens. I don't know what I'd do without them
After my first 'soul kitty' Skittles died, I decided I only wanted to adopt black cats after that.  I love them!  It didn't work out that way--I have my one all black cat, Zoe, and then three tuxedos and three other assorted cats LOL but in my next life--only black cats!