Meet Aleister and Grace

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

krashballz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
betsygee betsygee Haha! That's hilarious! I'd be the same way. If I can pick, I'll always choose a black cat, but I'll take any one that picks me :)

shoshanna

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Welcome, Krashballz and welcome to your two beautiful kittens.  I really believe there is not a more fitting compliment or statement of love to a departed pet than the true desire to get another and in your case you got two.  Having only had my second cat for about 3 weeks I will say that there will never be another single cat in my home.  Having two opens up a new world to the cats and to you.  There is so much of the time that they could replace any entertainment you may be wanting and they are so sweet having each other.

I hope to hear a lot about your life with the cats and how they fill that spot for you and for each other.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
 from  Having only had my second cat for about 3 weeks I will say that there will never be another single cat in my home.  Having two opens up a new world to the cats and to you.  There is so much of the time that they could replace any entertainment you may be wanting and they are so sweet having each other.

I hope to hear a lot about your life with the cats and how they fill that spot for you and for each other.
@Krashballz....so give us an update....the good ...the bad...the funny...how are the two getting along? and do you have to kitten proof the house in any special way?  inquiring minds want to know...lol 

from betsygee

After my first 'soul kitty' Skittles died, I decided I only wanted to adopt black cats after that.  I love them!  It didn't work out that way--I have my one all black cat, Zoe, and then three tuxedos and three other assorted cats LOL but in my next life--only black cats!    
 @betsygee...sure you say that now....but wait until your OTHER cats get a hold of the computer and read this thread....
.....lol

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
What beautiful cats! I love black kitties! Welcome aboard!

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise

@betsygee...sure you say that now....but wait until your OTHER cats get a hold of the computer and read this thread....
.....lol
I know--they would be so offended!  
  In the end, it's as @Krashballz  says--more often than not, they pick us, so....we get whatever color we get.  LOL  

krashballz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
shoshanna shoshanna I wasn't sure I felt that way about getting a new cat so soon. I felt like I'd be "cheating" on Krash. But I couldn't stand not having a cat in the house. The only downside I've found to having 2 cats is that with 1, when he wanted attention or loves, he came to me. With 2, they have each other, so they're more independent and not as cuddly. On the other hand, the amount of entertainment they provide each other (& me) is priceless. I'm glad I have both of them.

cat nap cat nap The update is that the kittens are crazy. Lol Yes, I've had to kitten proof the house. I just treat it like I have 2 two year olds. I find weird things in my pockets that I've had to take out of their mouths. I vacuum every other day, and keep everything picked up so I have no idea where they're finding little things to chew on! And the toys...! Oh lord the toys! They're everywhere lol And I definitely think I will never go to the bathroom alone ever again. Haha It's a lot of work, but it's so much fun having them around.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
@Shoshanna I wasn't sure I felt that way about getting a new cat so soon. I felt like I'd be "cheating" on Krash. But I couldn't stand not having a cat in the house. The only downside I've found to having 2 cats is that with 1, when he wanted attention or loves, he came to me. With 2, they have each other, so they're more independent and not as cuddly. On the other hand, the amount of entertainment they provide each other (& me) is priceless. I'm glad I have both of them.

@cat nap The update is that the kittens are crazy. Lol Yes, I've had to kitten proof the house. I just treat it like I have 2 two year olds. I find weird things in my pockets that I've had to take out of their mouths. I vacuum every other day, and keep everything picked up so I have no idea where they're finding little things to chew on! And the toys...! Oh lord the toys! They're everywhere lol And I definitely think I will never go to the bathroom alone ever again. Haha It's a lot of work, but it's so much fun having them around.
Oh boy I hear you on all counts.  I was crushed when I lost my Skittles.  She was an 'only cat' and I tell people she was my only biological child.
  But after three weeks with no cat in the house, I was really hating it.  To go from one 17-1/2 year sedate old lady to two 3-month old kittens--holy guacamole!  
It certainly was like having toddlers around, and more than once I thought "What have I done?!"  But they were also both a joy--there were many evenings of laughter for hubby and I enjoying the antics of those little pranksters.  They'll be five this year--how the time flies--and I have no regrets.  I love those little guys.  

shoshanna

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Mine are 1 year and about a year and a half old.  They are my cheap entertainment and I know what you mean I would not trade it for the world.  

No I do not have to kitten proof and they pretty much rule the house.  Right now we are making the rounds on upper respiratory infections for both cats, the young one just got over his and the older one just came down with it.  So the play is a little tricky.  One has wanted to play and the other one just wants to sleep and be left alone.  So the fight is on but I only intervene if there is about to be blood.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise

Welcome, Krashballz and welcome to your two beautiful kittens.  I really believe there is not a more fitting compliment or statement of love to a departed pet than the true desire to get another and in your case you got two.  Having only had my second cat for about 3 weeks I will say that there will never be another single cat in my home.  Having two opens up a new world to the cats and to you.  There is so much of the time that they could replace any entertainment you may be wanting and they are so sweet having each other.

@Shoshanna...this is so beautiful. and yes i used to think that one cat and one dog was enough....noooo...it will always be two cats and a dog...since cats seem to keep each other company.  what krashballz said about two cats being more independent,"With 2, they have each other, so they're more independent and not as cuddly. On the other hand, the amount of entertainment they provide each other (& me) is priceless. I'm glad I have both of them."...i prefer the more independent and less needy...lol 

ps.i love the "cheap entertainment " too...

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
holy guacamole!!....lol...
....i forgot what its like to have kittens or young cats around. wow, the time does fly by.  or else my memory is going.

on a side note....how do you cat people take such great pictures??

krashballz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
shoshanna shoshanna Ugh, URIs...poor babies. Both of mine had pretty nasty ones when we got them. Aleister has some permanent damaged from his. He breathes really loudly, and sometimes has what I think sounds like little asthma attacks. I had him checked out thoroughly, and his vet says he's fine and could possibly outgrow it, but I'm thinking a 2nd opinion may be necessary. Hopefully your kiddos will be well soon.

cat nap cat nap Every good picture I've ever gotten of a cat was either an accident or was me sneaking up with the camera on my phone turned on. Lol Most cats aren't very fond of having pictures taken. Aleister actually likes it. It's like he knows he's being cute, so he just tries to be even cuter lol It's a shame most cats don't like it because they're all so photogenic!

susank521

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Not one, but two, loner black kittens just when you happened to go looking! It was meant to be.
Welcome, Aleister and Grace. I hope we get to see a lot more of you two beauties!