meawing until she is held by someone

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know about butter.  The oils are liquid. Can you get the kitten to lick it off your finger?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jeff1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
@Jeff1

Did you read my post #39 above???
Yes i read it, and I  filled for him in a bigger bottle. (75 ml in addition to the two small ones i gave him few mins ago) sis tried, there was no poop :/ 

jeff1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
it worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! \(6_6)/

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Keep up the good job!

I am sure kitty feels much better now. :)

jeff1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
barely a bit got out, guess because he wasn't eating as he should. So, ganna stick to the other bottle, is 75ml per feed okay? or 80ml? 

one think i am glad for is that jeff will very soon start to eliminate on his own :) seeing is is now 4 weeks  makes things easier and harder (he's walking well for a starter. high box activated xD)

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
He needs 128 mL's in each 24-hour period. If you feed every 3 hours, this means that Jeff needs 16 mL at each feeding.

biancavd

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It's good that you are asking for help, I hope little Jeff will grow up a very healthy and handsome boy ;)

However, I do have to advise you to never take a kitten away from his mother again on an age this young. They do not only need their mother for milk, but their mom and brothers/sisters teach them a lot as he grows up. He will miss part of his socialization that a human can never teach him properly. This can cause problems in the future.

Anyway, I think you got him to poop, correct? Make sure he poops (and pees) regurarly, constipation can be deadly for small kittens. You'll notice it when they are really sick as they'll stop playing and stuff, but you don't want to wait for that to happen as sometimes you can be too late then. Keep a very good eye on him, and if you are doubting his health, call the vet.

Are you also weighting him? I would advice you to do so, to make sure he's growing properly. Around 10grams growth a day would be great. I would weight him daily (at the same time) until he eats normal food.

biancavd

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

jeff1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Last edited by a moderator:

jeff1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am using the petag nursing kit now. Just got it today.
I forgot to have the vet measure him :/ just filled it to 45ml, he drank only till it became lets say 42 ml. So thats about 2ml. So, ganna stick to the 16 ml :) thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

jeff1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wet food is like this:
https://bitesizewords.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/catfood.jpg

So it's solid food, but soft and wet so it's easier for kittens to start with. I would suggest taking a good brand to start with, with as little extra stuff in it as possible (pure ingredients only). 
Thnx. :)
I mow know how difficult raising a baby kitty is, and feeling really bad for having him away from his mom and siblings. Up until now i am insisting he returns to them until he is weened so he can come back healthy and big :)
And deffinatly wont get a kitty this small ever again, for their sake :(
i will get that weight scale and measure jeff, hope I find one tomorrow if most stores arent closed on sunday.
i will try feeding him wet food in the next coming days, cz he isnt even accepting milk in any other form other than in a bottle, and strangly, he struglles to understand how the bottle work, takes him time, but he works it out eventually!
Thnk you :)

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise

but this wet food, i don't quite understand it xD Never seen one like it. 
Wet food is like this:
https://bitesizewords.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/catfood.jpg

So it's solid food, but soft and wet so it's easier for kittens to start with. I would suggest taking a good brand to start with, with as little extra stuff in it as possible (pure ingredients only). 
From the context, I think he was referring to canned kitten food. I've found Royal Canin Baby Cat dry food listed as being sold in Lebanon, but not wet. jeff1 jeff1 I don't know whether this will help, but there's a list of Beirut pet shops on Facebook.

jeff1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
From the context, I think he was referring to canned kitten food. I've found Royal Canin Baby Cat dry food listed as being sold in Lebanon, but not wet. jeff1 jeff1 I don't know whether this will help, but there's a list of Beirut pet shops on Facebook.
thnx. I checked the list now, sadly most are in beirut, which is very far to get to. But theres one in dekene and zalka, easy to get too. And i know zalka's vets at least, are good, and their stores. :)
Was actually surprised we had so many stores! Thought there was only 4 including the two vets

Last edited: