May 2009 Photo Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by ebrillblaiddes

I took this picture exactly three years ago today. Link goes to a bigger version.

RIP
Chilsa
????? - March 3, 2009

I hope it's still OK to enter this if I'm not sure Chilsa's waiting for me--he was so friendly that he must have had at least one other special person before me, and (especially since he was a stray) it could be that they went on before him, so he might have gone straight to them. But...I hope he waits for me...I miss my overgrown kitten and I want to see him again someday
Your picture isn't showing up here.

ebrillblaiddes

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It worked a minute ago...stand by...

Edit: Is it working now? I can see it, but I could see it before.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by ebrillblaiddes

It worked a minute ago...stand by...

Edit: Is it working now? I can see it, but I could see it before.
I see it in your original post now--twice.
It looks like the first one is a link from a photo site and the second one is an attachment uploaded from your computer. Beautiful kitty.

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a lovely tribute to all our RB babies. Mods, you all rock for thinking of this great idea

Here's my baby boy Wukong. He was named after a mythical Chinese monkey god, and he certainly was quite a monkey till FIP sapped the spirit and life out of him.

Boy, I'm sorry I never noticed you were sick. When I noticed you mellowing, I thought you were just maturing, growing up. When I finally saw symptoms, it was way too late. Wait for me, sooner or later I'll be on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge and we'll play many games of fetch together and snuggle up under the covers

I think I'll pick this picture of him for this thread... Look at his innocent face
(Sorry this is the only version I have of this pic. I've lost the originals
Hope its big enough!)

ktlynn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Whisky'sDad

Oliver, who went to the bridge on December 12, 2005 at the age of ~7.

This is the picture that, when Whisky saw it on the monitor, he looked at me, meowed and touched the screen with his paw.
My eyes were full of tears looking at the pictures of all these beautiful RB babies. This post got the tears running down my cheeks.

lynneny

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This was our sweet Cookie - our first indoor cat.
She died at 4 years old from bone marrow cancer. We suspect it was from the feline leukemia vaccination and have not given it to any of our subsequent furbabies.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

This is JC, who we had for 11 days before she passed from distemper in July 2006.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wish I had digi pics of my RIP Gysmo....

Hmmm, I will try to take a photo of a photo... since I don't have a scanner.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Took a picture of a picture, and ended up with 2 that seem ok... this is as big as I could get them, so I hope one of them will work... Either is fine with me, whichever works better for printing though.

This is Gysmo, my RB kitty that I got when I was 17, and had to euthanise when I was 25

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I shouldn't have opened this thread, now I'm crying...
I hope they all could win. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of my kitty who passed ten years ago.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by NorthernGlow

I shouldn't have opened this thread, now I'm crying...
I hope they all could win. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of my kitty who passed ten years ago.
They will all win. It's not a competition this month. Everyone is included.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

.Deadline for submission is May 31, 2009.
Dang you! That is today, the true Memorial Day and how fitting. Well, I am up plenty of early this morning so I shoud be able to find photos of all my nine bridge cats but I do not know if my emotional level will allow me to complete this today.

ktlynn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Beautiful, sweet Katie. This past Tuesday, May 26, marked 9 months since we lost Katie so suddenly and unexpectedly. I can't begin to describe what she meant to us.
Love you forever, 'nana-girl.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

The theme for May 2009 is: “Just this side of heaven...†or Rainbow Bridge kitties.

Basics:
NO CATS CAN BE HARMED FOR THE PURPOSES OF THIS CONTEST! Mildly annoyed , yes, but not actually harmed (pretty much goes without saying).

1. More than one photograph per member is allowed this month, but no more than one photograph per RB cat may be entered. To allow for decent sized photos of all cats, please no more than three (3) per member, though more than one cat can be featured in the photo.
2.Rights to the winning photographs are granted to www.thecatsite.com for use in future TCS projects made available for purchase to other members and the public.

Photography

1. Photo and all rights must be owned by the submitter.
2.Photo must be clear, focused, not manipulated by Photoshop (basic altering such as cropping, brightness, etc. is allowed) and apply to the theme of the month.

Please be sure to tell us the name of the kitty(ies) in the photo for future purposes. Depending on the number of entries, the names may or may not be featured on the calendar.

The calendar will include a collage of ALL Rainbow Bridge (those no longer physically with us) cats entered this month.

Since the photos used for the calendar this month will be smaller than for the other month, the photos will be downloaded from this thread. We ask that the photos please be as large as possible or 480 x 600, since the calendar images are made at 300 dpi. However, we understand that many of these images will be from older photographs that may not be great quality to begin with, and we will work with all of them.

Deadline for submission is May 31, 2009.

All members, moderators, admin, and site owner are eligible for this contest.

For all 2009 Photo Contest Themes, click here!
I just checked, it is still May 31 on Easter Island for three more minutes. Here is Greycat who passed in 2004. Bigger photo available.

Status
Not open for further replies.