Matilda

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

libertysgoats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We offered him mush this morning and he threw it up. He only takes about 8cc of formula a feeding but is totally eyeing the other kittens mush when it give it to them. So I know he wants more of something. Do you guys have any tips for something that might be lighter on his tummy? I guess I could water down the mush to the same consistency of the bottle?

He is doing so much better playing with toys and up walking around so hopeful we can get him over this bump.

Jayson and Corey are so glad to be back together and are playing like crazy! I e never met such sweet kittens in my life you look at these guys and they start to purr! The purr they let out isn't your normal kitten purr either it's a full blown motor boat sound! The little guys always want to be in my lap or playing with my dog Penny. They are seriously so sweet!

I'll add the the link to my Facebook so if you guys want to see more pictures and videos of them you can add me on their. I haven't figured out how to add videos on here?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Videos need to be uploaded to YouTube first, then the link shared here.

They sound incredibly sweet and very happy!

He may not quite be ready for mush yet. I would imagine he will soon though. You could try Gerber turkey meat baby food.

libertysgoats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wow if people were to come meet Oscar today they would never guess who was close to death just days before! He is doing so much better. There is talk about Corey and or Oscar possibly staying with us so we shall see.

We let Matilda meet Jayson and Corey yesterday because she'd sit at her door and scream when she herd the kittens little meows. She chuffed at them like she did her kittens and immediately started to groom Jayson. Corey didn't know what to make of her and kinda hissed so we didn't push it and brought them back in. We are hopeful we can allow them to play together one day.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Aww, this is such good news! I hope you keep both Corey and Oscar. Matilda sounds ready to take both under her wing. :)

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Sounds like a good start, at least! I'm so happy that Oscar is doing so well.

libertysgoats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone! I'm finally getting the chance to come on here and update. Everyone is doing amazing! They are all eating like champs, running, and playing. These little guys just enjoy like so much, it the best thing to watch.

We have noticed Oscar is still a little off in his hind end. He gets around great, runs and plays pretty well. But is wobbly and when he climbs things he has a harder time, he almost had to army crawl. He definitely doesn't let it get in the way but if we don't notice a difference before it's time to list him on our adoption sites we are going to take him into the vet. I don't think he is in pain what so ever! But we don't obviously want to adopt out a kitten if he has a medical issues without addressing it first.

We are also upping our foster game so to speak and will hopefully be doing kitten of the day post and frequently asked questions on Fridays. Sense you guys get the most questions all the time what would be some good questions to answer on our Facebook page? I was thinking along the lines how old a kitten has to be to leave mom, how old to be spayed, what to do when you find kittens, etc so if you have any ideas please let me know.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Perhaps links to videos on properly bottle feeding and toileting new borns?

As for Oscar, one of a former cat's kittens had what is, I think, called "swimmer kitten syndrome," or at least someone called it that. Dunno what their credentials might have been, it's been YEARS ago. I spent a lot of time massaging his hips, and doing bicycling exercises with his back legs. He never was much of a jumper, but other than that, he lived a long, healthy life. He was adopted by a good friend who had known him since birth. He died at the venerable age of 20, and was mourned deeply by his family and friends. Not bad for a little kitten who shouldn't have made it at that time!

libertysgoats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I need your help!

Karen our rescue director is at the shelter now and there are 3 sets of three 4wk old kittens, they are underage and were going to be PTS tonight. Thankfully the shelter is giving our rescue until tomorrow night to pull them.

Karen has four 7wk old seal point kittens, if I take her 4 that opens space for her to take one set of kittens.

I'm leaning towards taking her 4 because they are guaranteed healthy. But I can't bare knowing that leaves two sets of 4wk old kittens at the shelter.

Who do I take? Ugh!!!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
libertysgoats libertysgoats

Can you take the other two sets of babies? They will wean in the next week or two. It's only 6 kittens.

The 7-week-olds won't be much trouble as they should be weaned and litter trained already.

I can't bear the thought of the babies being put to sleep either.
:(

libertysgoats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I can only take one set, I am unfortunately leaning towards the 7wk old kittens as I know their health is guaranteed. This decision is going to be tough. I will wait and see what is left at the shelter tomorrow to make my final call.

sunshineclare

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
aw please don't leave any of them there - you do such amazing work - can't you somehow squeeze them all in between you guys?? xx or put an ad for more fosters ASAP locally, on your FB page - you can go vet them so you might only need the extra kittens for a v short time?? xx

libertysgoats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We've got very few animal people in our area we've exhausted all sources.

If I had more rooms in my house I'd take them all. But it's down to keeping the ones we currently have germ free! That means only taking on kittens that have had QT time.

Karen told me if I take the 4 in her bathroom she can pull two sets of 3.
I just found out there are 5 sets of three to four kittens in each set.

If our plan works that will only leave 3 sets left for us to find a foster/rescue for.

Our rescue currently has 90 kittens and that's not including the momma cats and adults we have. It's just crazy. I'm not sure how many more we can financially take on.

libertysgoats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ugh so one of the four Siamese kittens I was planing on taking has started to throw up and has diarrhea.

So I am now taking 4 other tabby fluffy things. It's just really never ends.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oh no! I hope it's nothing too serious.

I do hope all the babies can get pulled.

You're right - it never ends. :(

libertysgoats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
They 4 I will possibly be taking are not directly from the shelter they were pulled 3 days ago.

I'm not sure who I'm taking or when. It's so overwhelming I literally had a break down.

sunshineclare

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Aw thank you for everything you do. I think you were the other person I gave some supplies to. If not or even if so please post if you have an Amazon wish list and I'll buy you something from it. Our girl Mia is expecting (planned sort of, just a bit sooner than we had planned!)

I wish I lived closer to you, I'd help you out. I just posted on my Mia post, I've never experienced this never ending kitten Rush. We offered to help our local shelter here in london uk, there's a waiting list of helpers (months long they said) even to walk dogs!! Ditto adoption places they are always packed and cats got rehomed pretty soon, I used to volunteer at one! Even when I lived in the middle of nowhere growing up the barn cats kept the mice in check and I never noticed a over population of cats.

Thank you for all you do. Must be heartbreaking if you can't save them all. Could they at least go to another shelter where they won't be PTS?