Matilda

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
I try to talk myself into keeping just about every momma cat that I get lol. I bond more with my momma cats more than any of my other fosters for whatever reason.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

libertysgoats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh I wish I could keep her but I don't think It'd be fair to her she deserves all the attention she can get. Here she would have to compete with a whole zoo, lots of goats, horses, dogs, and other cats.
I'd really like to see her go with Lavender because Lavender is really attached to her...not so much the other way lol. But they make a good pair and Trunchbulls personality is exactly what Lavender needs.

I am taking the kittens to the grooming salon I work at tomorrow. I'm going to bring pre adoption applications with me and I figured this way I can weed out a few bad people if their dogs or cats come in looking bad their app will go straight into the trash! I am probably way to overly picky. I honestly have no problem telling the couple coming to see Bruce that it won't work out if they give me the wrong vibe so I'm hoping everyone that is interested will be good people so I don't have to do that lol.

libertysgoats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So Miss Honey had her meet and greet to make everything official and it was a hit. She will go home the weekend after she gets spayed!
IMG_4925.JPG

libertysgoats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So sorry I haven't posted in forever!

Everyone has found their forever homes! They are getting spayed neutered this weekend and will go home the 16th of May.

I will post a more detailed update here in a little bit.

libertysgoats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh boy life has been crazy!

We rescued a Donkey this weekend, the news even came out to cover the story it has been a big crazy deal! Here is a link to his Facebook Page. Patrick The Blessed Donkey
Poor Patrick has gone through so much!

All of Matilda's kittens left to their new homes and are doing great!

We know also have a new foster Corey. He wasn't doing to hot with a foster so I was asked to take him on to see what might be the problem he is doing great here and can hopefully go back with his siblings. If not he will stay here until he is adopted. ❤

IMG_5888.JPG

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The kitten is just adorable! You seem to have the magic touch. Thank you for taking in Patrick as well. You do so much! :)

libertysgoats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I was contacted from the main rescue coordinator saying they thought he might pass away, he was really dehydrated, didn't want to eat and was acting really off out of no where.

I have been so super busy and told my self I wasn't gonna take on another foster for at least another 2wks until school was over and I did all my finals (shoot me lol) but when they said they didn't see him making it another two days, who could have said no?

We started him on sub q fluids and feedings every three hours and he is doing so much better. Not sure what was going on but when I finally got home after my sister in law taking care of him for the day he didn't even look like a sick kitten just a hungry kitten!

He will be with us for at least until next Monday just to make sure.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm so glad that Patrick can look forward to a good future now!

Corey is a DOLL! I have a candle lit for his continued improvement!

libertysgoats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So we ended up with Corey's two brothers. I was told the little black one was showing signs of the same thing. At that point I knew Corey wasn't sick, he has a little URI but nothing that would've caused him to be dehydrated like he was.
We went and picked them up and I was immediately angered! These kittens were not getting enough water!!!! The foster was only giving them three bottles a day! They weren't even getting the full bottle at each feeding. They didn't have wet food ever and I didn't see bowls of water down for them either!

The little black one now named Oscar was so dehydrated he couldn't even hold up his own body weight! I really thought the little guy was going to pass away before we could get him home. He is now getting Sub Q fluids every 3 hours and a bottle with as much as he will take. He is stopping out at around 8ccs but we are gonna offer mush to him at his next feeding. He isn't out of the woods yet but I am hopeful he will pull through.

The other seal point kitten now named Jayson is doing great! He latches on to the bottle the best. So I think that's why he is the chunkier of the 3 and the only one that isn't crazy dehydrated. He did need sub Q Fluids but nothing like Oscar or Corey did.

The foster was recommended by the shelter and I guess we have been having problems with the fosters they recommend, so we will no longer use them. She isn't allowed to have or come near any of our kittens again!

Jayson
IMG_5959.JPG

Oscar (I will have to get a picture of his face tomorrow.)
IMG_5965.JPG

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thank goodness you got there in time! And while I am looking forward to Oscar's face, that TAIL is to die for! You know how I am about kitten tails!