Mascara is Evil

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never been one for eye make up, but I decided to put on some mascara last night when I went out. I very rarely wear mascara, but I got a free sample size one a few weeks ago when I bought something else. On the spur of the moment, I decided to try it out. Surprisingly, I got it on without making a mess and was totally impressed - it made my eyelashes long and curled
I couldn't feel I was wearing anything either. I'm a total convert now! I wore a small amount of brown eye liner too and I felt so grown up wearing eye make up

I've had my eyelashes tinted before too. I have dark lashes so it doesn't make a huge difference, but I tend to go for the black and I get both upper and lower lashes done. The result looks as though I have a very fine line of eyeliner - just gives a bit of definition to my eyes which is great for every day.

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I Wanna Get Mine Done Now! I use all mineral makeup except for the eyeliner and mascara and I find it always comes off and I have to keep reapplying. the mineral makeup is EXCELLENT though.

lauracatlover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I only tend to wear mascara when I'm at school, college or horseriding. A lot of the time it's more of the 'I can't be bothered' case so I just don't!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
For the past year or so, every mascara I try makes my eyes burn and water. I'm even allergic to Clinique which is supposed to be non-allergenic.

I've pretty much stopped wearing makeup but do "doll up" a bit when going out.

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

For the past year or so, every mascara I try makes my eyes burn and water.
After a while no matter what eye makeup I use, I have burning watery eyes. I've also been having a horrible time with eye allergies in general. So sometimes I have burning watery eyes even without makeup. I tried wearing makeup again for a while this week, but think I'm going back to not. I can't wear powder/foundations because of contact allergies/rosacea. Some powders/foundations make me break out in a rash, others just itch like mad.

I do like to wear pretty pink lip gloss though.