Mascara is Evil

roxanne

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That's weird. Whenever I wear mascara, it feels like there's nothing on my eye lashes.

The brand I use is called " Diorshow " waterproof mascara. Never had any troubles with clumps either.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mascara shouldnt be clumpy if it is, its probably old, otherwise you need a good brush that you can use for your eyelashes.

You shouldnt wear waterproof mascara anyway as it makes your eyelashes die or so i have been told in my training.

I wear Purple mascara by YSL non waterproof, but i am about to get the waterproof one because the purple is more like lilac oo...

I dont leave the house with out eyeliner, mascara and rouge

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Let me recommend Origins mascara -- it washes away very easily with plain water, so you don't end up with globs of it in your eyes, and you don't have to use remover or rub your eyelids raw to get it off (which only encourages wrinkles).

SW, I've never had a tint, but it seems to me that the majority of the benefit mascara provides is in the thickness it adds to your lashes -- not the color. Which makes me wonder whether tinting is going to do much for you. I hope it's great and you love it! But if not... Origins!

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

OMG i'd be lost without my mascara! I feel totally naked without it! I'm really picky about what kinds/brands i use though - no clumps for me!!!

As far as eye makeup remover goes- Mary Kay has an AWESOME one that isn't greasy at all!
(or in a pinch, you can use a little baby oil on a cotton ball and then wash your face afterwards- it'll take it ALL off!)
I would be lost without my mascara, too. I don't always put it on - silly before exercise - but I usually don''t leave home without it. I wear eye shadow most days, too. I feel really naked if I forget my mascara and have already put on my eye shadow! Solved that problem by having mascaras in all my bags.

If it's clumping, it is probably old.

Neutrogena makes an oil-free eye makeup remover that is great, too.

rabernet

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The only make up that I wear on a daily basis is eye liner. No foundation, blush or mascara. On special occassions, I will get "dolled up"!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

That's right; it's a special vegetable dye (NOT hair dye) that professionals use around the eyes. Takes about 15 minutes and is $20. I've never had it done before; it has to be better than mascara!
i've had it done - once. i couldn't tell the difference!
i don't care for mascara, either. if the false eyelashes weren't SO noticeable, i'd wear them. that what i use onstage - i love the way they look! but to me, they look very fake... probably because my own eyelashes are quite short.
for me, the mascara is to lengthen, not color. i never wear waterproof, because of my contacts. this is what i use, when i use it: Maybelline Define-a-Lash

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have blonde hair, so my eyelashes are almost invisible
A lash tint makes a huge difference for me, but it probably depends on your lashes.

mer636

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
yeah I wear mascara as well and I don't mind it although I only put it on my top lashes
I dont understand how to put it on the lower lashes or why you would?

Good luck with the lash tint
And good luck with your event I have to dress up tomorrow too since it's my bf's sister having her bridal shower (I've never been to one
)

kaylacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Heres a little secret so it won't clump

Before you put it on take some toilet paper or a paper towel and gently dab the mascara wand on it...it gets all the extra mascara off so you don't put too much on so it doesn't clump. I don't go anywhere without my mascara.
And I never have a problem with clumping or weird spider looking eyes any more

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm another one who won't go out without mascara. I used to have thick, long, dark lashes (which is somewhat unusual in a blonde). But I've had cataracts operations in both eyes, and at the time they used to cut your eyelashes off.
That was just horrible. They grew back, but it seems to me they are lighter now. Or maybe that is just the natural aging process, LOL. So I use a dark mascara to help with that. I need all the help I can get!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OMG why didn't I know about lash tinting when my father got married?!?!?! I flippin' cried all day (so did my sister...when her step-son asked his dad why we were both crying so much on a happy day, his answer was perfect: "Because girls do that.") and even with waterproof mascara it still didn't look so hot. I would have loved to have foregone that whole mess on that particular day!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How long does lash-tinting last? That would be pretty cool. But at my age, I'd probably still use mascara!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

How long does lash-tinting last? That would be pretty cool. But at my age, I'd probably still use mascara!
but it's really only effective for people w/really light lashes. mine are dark, & i couldn't see the difference.
my best friend has white lashes [she's an albino] & it makes a big difference for her!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I rarely wear makeup anymore. Haven't for over 10 years. The once or twice a year that I do I usually just use some light blush, some brow powder, a bit of black liner pencil (well smudged so it's not obvious) and some lipstick. Takes all of 1 minute if that, to apply.

Years ago I was a heavy makeup wearer. Foundation, powder, liquid eyeliner, sometimes 5 eye shadows at a time, blush, mascara, brow pencil, lip liner, lipstick, nail polish, concealer sticks, camaflage colours for dark circles/skin rudiness...you name it, I wore it. Actually I think I still have all that stuff sitting in my bathroom not being used.

I can't stand mascara. I haven't worn that stuff in more than 20 years. I used to wear contact lenses and found that even the non flaking mascara flaked and caused my eyes to feel dry and irritated my contact lenses. I don't need nor want my eye lashes to look like they are 3 inches long.

Au Natural is so much better. I can't tell you how many compliments I get from guys since I stopped wearing makeup.

The girl who is the "go between" for me and my long term disability company is very pretty. But she ruins it all by packing on the makeup so thick that she looks like she had a session with a mortitian. And that's at 10am. I'd hate to see how much she wears if she is going out in the evening.

mer636

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
the only makeup I wear is mascara and cover up
so it's not to bad just wearing that since you look somewhat like your not wearing any makeup

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

if the false eyelashes weren't SO noticeable, i'd wear them. that what i use onstage - i love the way they look! but to me, they look very fake... probably because my own eyelashes are quite short.
http://www.lashoutpro.com/eyelash_Extension_images.html

http://www.santafedayspa.net/www.san...extensions.htm

You can go to a salon have lash extensions put on that lasts a couple of months and look real......... heres some info on it .....

Originally Posted by kluchetta

Tinting lasts about 3 weeks.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
The very best (eye) makeup remover, for any type of skin, is Unscented Albolene Moisturizing Cleanser. It's difficult to get, though some Walgreen's stores have it. It's particularly suitable for contact lens wearers, because it gets all the mascara off without a greasy residue.