Married ladies....

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally posted by NewtoCats
How did you know he was "the one"?
Hmmmmm...such a hard question...at least for me. I have been fooled by someone I thought was "the one". I don't think you truley know someone until you live with them awhile.

I wish people would show you what they are really like upfront instead of acting all sweet and caring until after they have you hooked and then you find out it was all an act to reel you in like a fish... I hate false advertising.

ttmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Black Magic, I LOVE the story about Friskee peeing in his truck. You gotta love a man who reacts that way.

Creepyowl, who says you have to get married? Sometimes, even though I dearly love my husband, I wish I was still by myself. Being on your own has it's own magic.

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally posted by BlackMagic
I met John at work in July 99. We had our first date Oct 2, 1999. On October 5th, I was diagnosed with Hodgkins disease. I told him that night that if he wanted out, he could go. He said no. He stayed, took me to all my chemo treatments, radiation, and all doctors appointments over the next 6 months. He made me feel like I was the most loved and wanted person in the world. He made me feel very special when I needed it the most. He even went with me to buy my wig, that I never wore! I liked being bald and he loved it. He's the best Dad my girls have known. I just felt safe from the first night. And knew that he was the one I was too be with. Also, the fact that my tom cat, Friskee, peed on his truck seat in his brand new truck and John didn't want to kill him. All he said was well, I guess he's letting me know whose boss around here. Gotta love him!
Just wanted to say this post really touched my heart...he sounds like such a kind and loving man! I am so happy you have someone like him in your life!

blondiecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For Ken and I it was a very similar story to Russian Blue's. We meet and was very comfortable with each other right off the bat. Within weeks we had moved in together. I think what really, really clinched it for me was when I was sick, kind of a long story so bare with me.

We meet on October 23, by November 8 we were pretty much inseperable. I had been feeling very bad and was in very severe pain from a kidney infection that at the time I didn't know I had. Being the stubborn one that I am(and no insurance) I didn't want to go to the dr. Anywho, to make a long story short that night on the 8th. I was in so much pain and very, very nauseated. Ken had made us something to eat for when I got out of class. I ate that and then got very sick and throw up all over him, me and well just everywhere(sorry so gross
)

He then cleaned me up and picked me up and carried me to the truck and took me to the ER. While in the ER as I was telling the Dr. that I wasn't going to stay there(because of no insurance or money)Ken over road that and I stayed anyway.The Dr. told me that if I hadn't come in at that time I would have died. During all of this he looked at me when we were by ourselves in the room and told me that he loved me
for the very first time. My heart just melted.

I knew he was the one because when you hurl on someone and they still tell you that they love you for the very first time they really mean it
We lived together for almost 6 years and now have been married for 1 year. *sigh* How I love that man
:

cassandra_starr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not married.

However my boyfriend and I have been together for almost 4 years and have lived together for almost three years.

We met over the internet/vacation. Kinda a mixture of both. Met on the internet and found out he was vacationing where I was soon. We met and hit it off. Kept in touch for a solid year via email and phone.

After that he flew out to visit me for a week, and when he flew back I was shocked at how much I missed him. I was in tears.

So, three months later. I'm moving to California to live with him. We've been together since and my life has never been so wonderful.

Marriage isn't something either of us are considering right now. We're both young and have a lot of life ahead of us for stuff like that.

He inspires me. He motivates me. He is so intelligent and stimulates my mind. He encourages me. I was a size 4 when I moved out here. Away from my family and friends and from everything I knew. I blew up. I'm a size 18 now!! He has stuck by and has encouraged me to work out with him. It's worked. I've lost 15 lbs and and still working hard on the rest.

He is my best friend first and foremost and I wouldn't trade him for the world. I'm proud to say that my best friend is my boyfriend, and he is absolutely the #1 man in my life.

dtolle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally posted by NewtoCats

I have second thoughts sometimes because he isn't rich..he's a little forgetfull..he leaves whiskers in the sink and socks on the floor...but I think I am in for the long haul.
This line cracked me up. My husband leaves socks on the floor, whiskers in the sink among many other annoying habits. But I love him more than anything in this world. He is good, kind, caring, has a big heart, and is a wonderful father to our two children. He gives me butterflies everytime I see him. Not to mention has a great physique!!
Nothing like a nice butt to boot!!!!

Its been nearly 10 years and I'm as in love now as I was in the beginning.

To answer your question, when do you know its the 'one'? You just know....you won't have to ask

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Though we are not legally married, I have been with my s/o for nearly 19 years. I met him when he was 16 and I was 20, and at that age, that seems a big age difference. The second time I saw him, he told me that he loved me, he would always love me, and someday I would see that he was "the one" for me. I thought that was so sweet, but still only treated him as a friend for the next 6 years. He joined the Navy, I got married for some idiotic reason, and did not see him for awhile. Then it happened. I saw him pull up on his bike, pull off his helmet, and my heart dropped. I knew that minute that he was right. I was married to someone I was planning to divorce, anyway, but it took me awhile to get away from that one. The very day the papers were signed. I went to where he was, told him I had a cab waiting if he would like to come with me, and we have been together ever since.

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Creepyowl
That is all nice for you all. I don't see myself getting married ever. Not due to lack of not wanting to, I just don't see it happening.

I kind of like being alone. Sad, but true.
Word of advice here--WATCH OUT ! Usually when you are not looking and not really wanting to find someone is when they fall out of the sky into your life !
I should know, I was 19, had been through several bad relationships and really didn't care if I met anyone to marry or not. I was happy with my life the way it was, just me and no one else to worry about, when BAM ! Charlie dropped into my life.
He felt the same way, he was 30 and really wasn't looking for anyone either, as a matter of fact, his sister and a mutual friend of mine and hers had been trying for 2 years to fix us up and we both refused to even discuss it with them !
When I met him, I just walked up and started talking to him about the food that he had cooked for dinner that day (that's an oddity in itself 'cause I'm terminally shy ), and things just "clicked" for both of us. We married a year later and will celebrate 14 years in May of 2004.
As far as the socks and hair goes, there are things about any man that will annoy the woman who loves him, but we have to remember that there are lots of things about us that annoy them too!

kittywarden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
How we met!
It was a cold night. Donnie was at the river with a friend around a fire. I wound up at the river with my brother and a friend. I was cold and I wanted to get warm so I went to the fire. Meet Donnie and his friend got to talking. Walked over the bridge nearby. We liked each other so we made a date to meet again.
It was all like a dream I had just had, I also heard this is the one in my mind.

We became almost inseperably! You saw Donnie you saw me. We were supposed to get married in January the next year. Both of us chickened out. Kept going to together something which lasted 6 years. I moved in with him after awhile cause the parents needed room for my uncle to visit and I was practially living with him anyway. It was just easier to do.

We finally married November 18 after going back and forth about getting married after so many years. We will be married 17 years in a few days time. He finally had to prove to me we would get married so it was kinda a suprise when he said get dressed we are going to get married.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Rob and I met in April 1975. He was a new member of our church choir, I had been there 6 months. We discovered fairly soon that we lived near each other, and since it was about a 15 mile drive to the church, we agreed to carpool. He was married at the time, I was not. For 3 years we drove back and forth, and then I moved to the other side of town. From the very beginning, the thing that struck me about this person was that we could be in each other's company without needing to babble a mile a minute. If we were bushed, we'd drive in silence, and it was a comfortable "old-shoe" kind of silence. During this time, it never occurred to me -- or, for that matter, to him, I'm sure! -- that our relationship would ever be anything other than good friends who shared an activity, and occasionally got together of an evening with other friends.

While the carpooling ended with my move, our friendship did not. We of course still saw each other in connection with the choir, and there were plenty of occasions that brought us together socially. It was a comfortable relationship.

Rob knew that his marriage was in trouble. It had been for a number of years, and eventually, he dropped his choir activities, that being one of the sore points, in the hope of rescuing the relationship. So we were out of touch for something over a year, and during that time, he and his wife decided to pull the plug. In late September of 1981, the phone rang. There was Rob, telling me this news, and asking if we could get together. He wanted to talk. We did. He was pretty shook up. They really had tried to hold it together, and he was having trouble -- big time -- with the concept of breaking those promises he had made.

Well, there was no longer any impediment to a romantic relationship, and it became very clear very fast that this was the guy I wanted to spend my life with. He took longer to come to that conclusion, not surprisingly! He had lots to work out, and there were times when I wondered if he would ever finish that job, but I was so certain, that I could not conceive any other course of action than to wait it out, and not hassle him.

By the middle of the 80s, we were sharing two residences, but he still wasn't ready to commit. It was in the fall of '89, one weekend -- at my place -- three times in the same weekend, he said, "Maybe we should think about living together" -- the constant back-and-forthing was wearing down his resistance! So, then we started talking about it seriously, and, after a couple of bouts of cold feet, amalgamated households in May 1990.

We, too, are a common law couple. I would like a wedding, but it's not something I'll ever press for. The relationship is more important than any piece of paper or ceremony, and I don't think my sweetie will ever get past "breaking those promises" that he made to Jan. That's OK. People who don't really know us at all remark about how in love we are, and are then shocked to learn how long we've been together.

Socks? Whiskers? Sure there are irritations. I could name several, but I bet Rob could, too, so we're even. We laugh about them. We laugh a lot.

This turned out to be long. Sorry.