Marital Status

mybabies

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by yasmine

Just curious if your single, dating (long term), dating (short term), engaged, married or widowed??? I've been together with my boyfriend for 5 years...
Sadly I started dating (growing up) too late. ALL the men wanted was Sex. I found if I put out they dumped me and the same if I refused. I was engaged twice but it did not work out. Soooo I have not dated in 15 years and am now too old - to change my way of living and for any man to be remotely interested in me.

OH well NO man can come up to my "dream man" who has been happily marred for over 20 years! I will just continue to love HIM from afar! <sigh>

kev

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
There is no category for me - however, I was officially divorced on 7 July 05 and am totally devastated. Alone, single, call it what you will. Miss my ex wife and son terribly every day and would do anything for them.
Devastated is all I can say with no hope financially or otherwise for the future.
K

darkeyedgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm Single and loving it! I am dating here and there but it's only short term kinda stuff... just having fun when it's convenient for me and on my terms...

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sandra

This wasn't on the poll
... But, I am in a cyber relationship with my boyfriend of 2 years(sept 2002) We met through a personal ad he had up at an interracial dating site on Yahoo.... It will be 3 years September 23, 2005.... We have yet to meet face to face.. He is starting his military career again thru the ANG. We will in the near future. Also it is an LDR also because I live here in IL and he lives in AL
Sandra, that is amazing. Zack and I met through AOL personals. Our official "dating" date is September 25, 2001!!! Just almost one year off from you!
Now, all you need to do is get married like us!

journey

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kev

There is no category for me - however, I was officially divorced on 7 July 05 and am totally devastated. Alone, single, call it what you will. Miss my ex wife and son terribly every day and would do anything for them.
Devastated is all I can say with no hope financially or otherwise for the future.
K
I'm sorry.

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can someone please explain to me why people stay together for so long and not get married? I know some of you have been with your partners for years now, but why not get married? I know there are many reasons, but...what is your story? (hope I am not crossing any lines here, just wondering...my husband and I always ask ourselves why?)

journey

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by caprice

Can someone please explain to me why people stay together for so long and not get married? I know some of you have been with your partners for years now, but why not get married? I know there are many reasons, but...what is your story? (hope I am not crossing any lines here, just wondering...my husband and I always ask ourselves why?)
I'm thinking that people want to "try out" living together and see if it's right. Then they plan to get married. And after you live together for a long enough time, if you get married, people think it's wierd, like why are you having a wedding when you've been together so long?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

yasmine

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
KEV....
I am sorry to hear this news...it will get easier each day...you need your family and friends the most during these times!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

yasmine

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

I've been with my b/f for 5 years..he lives in memphis tn and i live in Little rock, ark.-- we both were unsure about alot of things...and so 5 years and alot of hard times later...we are now building a house together here in arkansas and will be ready by december so he'll be here soon!!!

caligirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just celebrated 8 years yesterday to my wonderful Hubby and have gotten two beautiful babies out of it.

charcoal

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kev

K
How heartbreaking!

It will get better even if it doesn't feel like it right now.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Let me ask you a question. When you exchanged your vows -- when you said "until death us do part" or however it was worded in your service -- had you any thought that it might become impossible at some point to keep that vow?

Maybe that was unfair. But neither did Rob when he married Jan in 1970. For that matter, neither did Jan. And they tried. They really tried. Despite the fact that they both knew they were in trouble within five years, it took them eleven to pull the plug.

If there's one thing you can say about Rob, it is that he is a man of his word. I've seen him agonize over breaking a commitment to a friend in some very trivial matter -- sometimes accepting serious inconvenience, rather than pick up the phone and say, "Sorry, Joe, such-and-such has happened. Do you mind if we don't...etc?"

It really freaked him bigtime when he had to break that vow -- even though it was a mutual breaking of it, if you will. He's put a lot of stuff back together in the ensuing 20-odd years, and is a happier person than he was when I met him. But the publicly spoken commitment is and always will be a sticking point. He hadn't any less reason to have confidence in his ability to keep the vow in 1970 than he had in 1990 when we merged households -- so it's just something he can't do again.

But I don't care. Because what we forego is a ceremony and some signatures. We have the marriage. I feel his commitment in so many ways -- big and small -- every day, and there's no way I will jeopardize that for the sake of a ceremony.

I certainly don't mean to put down the ceremony -- the public affirmation of the commitment, the milestone event, etc. Not for a minute. In the best of all possible worlds, the public utterance of those words would not be an issue, and we'd have done it too. But life is not perfect, and choices have to be made. I made mine: Rob.

There's one story -- for what it's worth.

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dating for the last 4 years.... and wondering where the sparkly thing is!!

By the way Fran, very well said. Ceremonies are all very nice for those who want them (myself included, I have to be honest) but they're not really necessary if you're contented just the way you are
when all is said and done, the ceremony isn't really about the wedding couple, it's more there for other people around you. How many people say that their wedding day actually went by in a blur!?

julianne

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm happily single
,but I have decided to try internet dating - you never know what could happen!

Juli