March Contest: Draw Me a Picture!

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise

I think I want to steal @linkfarm's drawing, throw linkfarm's name on it, the date, location, TCS,  and then in the future, when I see it at a gallery,  I will be able to say, yes, I was there when that drawing emerged.

Can we have a category for: artistic cats, funny cats, and "hmm.....maybe it's a cat"?

Because if that last category exists, then I gotta shot.....lol.

Wow, these are some amazing drawings.
'Maybe it's a cat' category! LoL.  Loving your way with words cat nap. 
Come on,  have a go!
Okay, today I will set aside 2 hours and exclusively use MS paint.
 I'll take what I learned here, in the basics, of course, but try out what Merlin2000 said about the erasure.

Oh, @MServant  if you are using some sort of "special high-tech computer mouse", ahhh.....I don't know if that's allowed, lol, because your drawings are "blowing my mind".  lol.

(I'm talking about some computer mouse, where you say the word "cat" and bang,  there it is.) LOL  (I'm just "joshing" with you, (joking))

merlin2000

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
There was enjoyment in finishing it , but it was fiddly to do , the Merlin one was easier working only in black and white .

Your drawing is amazing have you any art training ? I've an O level in Art but that's as far as I went with the subject

missm

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

I love the simple shapes here.  How do you get the cross hatching / lines effect MissM?
I used a simple sketch app on my phone, one of the brushes is a multiple line brush - I'm not sure if there is an equivalent in Paint, but there probably is one in Photoshop...

There was enjoyment in finishing it , but it was fiddly to do , the Merlin one was easier working only in black and white .

Your drawing is amazing have you any art training ? I've an O level in Art but that's as far as I went with the subject
Thank you! No, I have no art training, at least not yet... Maybe you could try pursuing art further, you definitely have talent I think 

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

I used a simple sketch app on my phone, one of the brushes is a multiple line brush - I'm not sure if there is an equivalent in Paint, but there probably is one in Photoshop...

Thank you! No, I have no art training, at least not yet... Maybe you could try pursuing art further, you definitely have talent I think 
Thanks for the info', I only have paint but I'll have another look at the effects in there to see what I can find.

Hey, if you have no training definitely I think you should look at classes or something; I love the drawings you've put in here!

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
OK, here's my first ever picture in Paint (one could argue that it is my first ever picture, ever)

It's titled: Sundar meets a bunny:

Last edited:

oneandahalfcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow. Very nice. I do graphic design as part of my work and would say that this is better than some greeting card artwork I've seen in passing. The texture effect of the cat and rabbit is great.

I also like the charcoal drawing earlier in the thread. Well done!

Last edited:

merlin2000

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Tank you I think I am what they call a Sunday painter
 bit old to be going to art school now , although I have looked at some water colour classes which I quite fancy having a go at .

I think you have a lot of natural ability with your drawing

pennywise

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You guys are all so talented!  I LOVE all the pics!  You've definitely brought a smile to my face (and maybe convinced me to try to draw a pic myself…. maybe  
 )

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
The more pictures the merrier we will all be :-D

Here is my latest attempt at Mouse:  I did it based on an old photograph of him from the days when he used to chew my arm to get attention... during the creative process this evening Mouse was regularly joining in by planting himself on my left arm and chest to make it virtually impossible to operate the laptop mousepad....

'Ouch'

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
oops, I have no idea how to attach my drawing?  can anyone explain it?  and yes, I am a true blonde, so no blonde jokes.   thanks....lol

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

Quote:

Originally Posted by JodieThierry64  

I can not draw but you all made my day!!!!

Ohh, @JodieThierry64, I too have not drawn anything since high school.  So even if you cannot draw, get on MS paint and give it a try.  My first attempt is still not finished, but the program is so fun, and you can even draw stick figures as long as its a cat story.

Come on, give it a try,   If I am going to, and it does not matter how good or bad it is,  who cares,  just have fun.

Check out my first attempt: and laugh all you want, because my cat is not that round, and I have no idea what I am doing but it is fun.
Nice  :-D   2 cats, a fine set of whiskers, and loads of fun! Welcome to the Catists.  
    (Well why not, we've had Cubists, Surialists, Colourists, etc  
  )

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

oops, I have no idea how to attach my drawing?  can anyone explain it?  and yes, I am a true blonde, so no blonde jokes.   thanks....lol
You did attach it  but not quite as visible as it could be:  if you click on the little scenery icon in the tool bar (assuming you're not on a phone) and upload it the same as you would a photo, selecting the file and then the site pretty much takes you through it.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
thanks, I'll try that again.....I panicked,  hit edit and deleted it because it was in .png

I thought you were psychic or something.  lol

linkfarm

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Have a try. You may have a hidden talent. And anyway aren't we all having lots of fun. Life wasn't meant to be boring Thanks Anne.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise

Have a try. You may have a hidden talent. And anyway aren't we all having lots of fun. Life wasn't meant to be boring Thanks Anne.
Thanks@linkfarm,  yes it is fun.  Will you and @Anne, be entering a second drawing?   

I'm working on another one, now, too.  lol.