Male Cat Owners

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My dad never liked cats but go figure now that he is retired, the family cat ChiChi spends all of her time on his lap
And he pets her and brushes her and even talks to her. It's amazing.

My fiancee likes cats a lot too. Here he is getting kisses from Saki

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ear kisses - how cute. My hubby has enjoyed cats his whole life. The 1st thing we did when we got married (actually the week before when he moved into our apartment) was get 2 cats. He couldn't even think of life without them. 5 of them was my idea however.

creepyowl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well my da and bro both complained about Emmett moving here with me. But I put my foot down and said he is my baby and I'm not giving him up.

Last night my dad was petting Emmett and cooing at him, telling him what a good kitty he is. Then my mom told me today while I was at work my dad was playing with Emmett.

My bro on the other hand will never come around. He hates cats and is sticking with it. He just doesn't know what he is missing without the love of a furball.

nora

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My Dad loves cats. He comes to "visit" Max at my house. When my sister had her cat Alexander I was staying at her house to watch over my Dad (he had a very bad cold) and to watch over Alex. It was a very cold day in January and I couldn't find Alex. I asked my Dad if he knew where the cat was. He said under the heating pad - sure enough - Dad had put the heating pad set on low over Alex so he wouldn't get cold.

suzy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My husband didn't want a cat - mostly because of the litter box. But he really likes cats, and he adores Simba.

My stepdad did NOT want cats. Then one day he was at a dump and found a tiny kitten (1-2 weeks old) that someone had abandoned.
He brought it home and spent the next few weeks getting up every night to bottle-feed her, and she adopted him as her new mommy. She follows him everywhere he goes to this day. And I think she changed his mind about cats.

rfox

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Suzy, thats so sweet!

My husband intially was afraid to get a cat too because eventually you will lose them. he had a rabbit once that he loved as a kid, and when it got way too big (one of those big white ones) he had to give it away. he was so sad!

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've done some internet research and found some consistent information that's related. Cats have replaced dogs as the number one pet in the world for at least a fews years now at 70 million+. (It's probably a few more million now.) Dogs are at number two.

The following information I found about men, women, cats and dogs is a little bit older, but is still interesting.
  • Women like cats more than dogs.
  • Men like dogs more than cats.
  • Overall, people like dogs more than cats. (that may still stand despite the fact cats are currently number one)
From the above three facts you can deduce that people seem to like dogs overall because many men who like dogs do not like cats, while women who like cats love dogs as well.

As for my theories, I think that in general, women tend to love all animals, while men who love all animals are in the minority. I also think that if you compared men who love cats with men who don't, you'd find that an obviously significant number of the men who don't like cats are misogynistic pigs, (at least when compared to the number of male cat lovers who are still misogynists.) I believe another portion of them would be men who have more social problems with women and insecurity issues that stem from that then the men who do love cats. Those are pretty strong statements, but I'm aware that it's just my theory.

Anyway, I'm quite comfortable with my manhood and would never be afraid to admit that I like cats. All my life though, I've heard stories of males hurting cats for fun and sometimes I've heard them tell these tales themselves. However, if I ever catch anyone doing this they're going to be swallowing their chiclets pretty fast... and I'm not talking chewing gum.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My dad loves cats(he lives by himself) and he had one but gave away to some friends, for various reasons and he has always loved cats. He's even thinking about helping the strays near him.

Mums partner also loves cats and he claims that little muffin is his , but haha no she's registered under my name!

So the men in my life, love cats but always put their foot down when we wanna get a new one
LOL

Cool thread btw!

tuxedokitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
JMO, but I wonder if part of it is a control issue - the men I've known who like cats seem to be a lot more comfortable with themselves, and less threatened by things they can't control - cats, for example.

I do love all animals - I have cats & dogs, and the dogs are great b/c I can do obedience work with them, go hiking with them, etc., and I do feel safer with them around as guard dogs, but cats always have a special place in my heart.

purrfectcatlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hydroaxe that was very interesting . Well I have to say I love all animals but favor cats , while my hubby is more a dog person and hiding his love for cats ... hmmmm