Lunch today?

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
It was good, but somehow not in the same class as my grandfather's vegetable soup. The whole family has his recipe, but I think he left out a "secret ingredient", because we've never been able to match his soup! When I think of my childhood, one of my favorite memories is of helping "Grampop" make his soup. It was an all-day affair, with all the ingredients fresh from the garden. He generally made 25 to 30 gallons of the stuff. My mother-in-law is an excellent cook, and always serves homemade soup as an appetizer for family get-togethers. It drives her absolutely batty when my husband and brother-in-law (who studied in the States, and spent quite a bit of time with my family) start reminiscing about "Harvey's vegetable soup"!

loveysmummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

It's since i first started going to Weight Watchers back in 1996 that i totally changed the way i eat, and now i can't eat fried foods, ordinary coca cola etc.. so everything i eat now has to be grilled, "diet or light"

Eeeeek fried bread Fran!
Strange! My mum also goes to Weight watchers and Curves (a fitness place) as well

Good luck wit dat!

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG Black pudding! I LOVE IT!

I'm going to 'Valentines' tonight, a chain restuarant here in NZ and I'm going to have me a serving of Pumpkin soup!