Lunch today?

okeefecl

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My Dad's crab soup, made with Wye River canned crab soup, half and half and extra real crab meat. Or a good french onion soup, with crouton and lots of cheese.

loveysmummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG. Soup is my Favourite food in the world....

My coworkers bug me about it as its my lunch almost daily...
I love my homemade spllit pea and ham..like Susan
and potato and tortilla and plain old chicken noodle and just about everything else.....

If anyone would care to put their recipes out there, I would surely take advantage....!

okeefecl

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Loveysmummy

If anyone would care to put their recipes out there, I would surely take advantage....!
See Tricia's (jcat's) post at the top of this page for a good soup recipe website

loveysmummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My family is english, fran, but what is english Soup?
(shhhhh. I don't know if you are English but only English people seem to like English food!
Everything is fried!

But I sure love my childhood comfort foods like toad in the hole, a good sunday fry up with fried bread and tomatoes, lamb stew with dumplings, scotch eggs, bangers and mash, etc. etc...yummm. now I AM hungry.

gilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Vegetable soup

But... I really have to be in the mood for soup othewise, I just won't eat it!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

My family is english, fran, but what is english Soup?
(shhhhh. I don't know if you are English but only English people seem to like English food!
Everything is fried!

But I sure love my childhood comfort foods like toad in the hole, a good sunday fry up with fried bread and tomatoes, lamb stew with dumplings, scotch eggs, bangers and mash, etc. etc...yummm. now I AM hungry.
LOL of course im english :p

now i love the mash potaotes and the sausages you have there. because the sausages here dont taste good with bangers and mash.

I love Roast and yorkshire pudding.

bacon and eggs

and well there is loads more.

IM half italian and my mum is scottish, and i dont even know what scottish food is except for black pudding that my mother loves

Italians dont like british food, although they are starting to get used to the british gravy

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

Not in this British chicks kitchen it isn't!

I've just had crispbreads with low fat cheese and they were awful!

Roll on tea time!!
aww!
i havent had lunch yet
and gaws ive been up early today!

loveysmummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

LOL of course im english :p

now i love the mash potaotes and the sausages you have there. because the sausages here dont taste good with bangers and mash.

I love Roast and yorkshire pudding.

bacon and eggs

and well there is loads more.

IM half italian and my mum is scottish, and i dont even know what scottish food is except for black pudding that my mother loves

Italians dont like british food, although they are starting to get used to the british gravy
Thought you must be!
YUmmm. yorkshire and roast...

welll, yeah, black pudding just sounds ick

my mum loves treacle which I hate.

But of course if you are Italian too, you must have eaten GOOD and often growing up...the best of both worlds

And Susan, I hear you. My mum would say the same!!
When we grew up, my mum got all health conscious..no more fried bread in the house..
She started to make lots of nouveau stuff and is a pretty amazing cook..
But sometimes she will fall back on the old standards if we beg

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol
when we lived in italy, we were actually poor so my mum just made me fried bread and wrapped it in a plastic bag so i took it to school.
My classmates were like ewww...
infact i cant even immagine my self eating fried bread anymore

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

And Susan, I hear you. My mum would say the same!!
It's since i first started going to Weight Watchers back in 1996 that i totally changed the way i eat, and now i can't eat fried foods, ordinary coca cola etc.. so everything i eat now has to be grilled, "diet or light"

Eeeeek fried bread Fran!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

I've got these cardboard textured crispbreads and lowfat cheese if you want them?!
lol naw thanx!

i just got italian bread bikkies out and put gauda on it!

*supposed on be on a diet* but

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Susie got me started. I made a huge pot of chicken noodle soup today, which seemed to take forever. I must have been possessed when I bought a 4 lb. "soup" chicken. Anyway, we had homemade chicken noodle soup with garlic bread for dinner tonight, and I now have enough chicken noodle soup in the freezer to get us through the next couple of colds.
I was rather surprised to find Jamie "guarding" the chicken when I took it out of the pot to let it cool down enough to pick it. He normally hates poultry, but this one apparently smelled so enticing that he was determined to get his fair share! He likes the "dark meat".

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

Susie got me started. I made a huge pot of chicken noodle soup today, which seemed to take forever. I must have been possessed when I bought a 4 lb. "soup" chicken. Anyway, we had homemade chicken noodle soup with garlic bread for dinner tonight, and I now have enough chicken noodle soup in the freezer to get us through the next couple of colds.
I was rather surprised to find Jamie "guarding" the chicken when I took it out of the pot to let it cool down enough to pick it. He normally hates poultry, but this one apparently smelled so enticing that he was determined to get his fair share! He likes the "dark meat".
Ohhh, that sounds good! As for Jamie, it must be a tux thing....Petals loves the dark meat too!