Lucky

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been absent recently lot's going on at home. But I'm back and have a new friend to introduce you all to. I've got this little fella who was surrendered at my vet's. Poor little guy 4 months old and a broken elbow. I'm fostering him for a week then if he isn't claimed I'll be taking over ownership of him. He's on cage rest and painkillers but is allowed out for a bit to look around obviously no running and jumping. He is a absolute cuddle bug and is quite happy being up snuggling. This is him yes lucky with my mum in law and me getting his lovin.
20240203_123743.jpg
20240203_135428.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my. Some kitties have that look that says: “Yah. I’ve made it. No more of the wild life for me!”
He's certainly not afraid to ask for cuddles. I was on the lookout for another cat, so when I'd taken the boy's for their annual check and vaccinations she said he'd been surrendered it was fate. I didn't take him home immediately went home did the maths, found out what cost would be. But those pic's are day one his purrs are so loud. I'm trying not to get too attached just in case his owners turn up, but he hasn't been nutured or chipped. The people that took him there said they'd found him. So I'm hopeful but not wanting to get too hopeful. I certainly think he'd be agreeable. :lol:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's certainly not afraid to ask for cuddles. I was on the lookout for another cat, so when I'd taken the boy's for their annual check and vaccinations she said he'd been surrendered it was fate. I didn't take him home immediately went home did the maths, found out what cost would be. But those pic's are day one his purrs are so loud. I'm trying not to get too attached just in case his owners turn up, but he hasn't been nutured or chipped. The people that took him there said they'd found him. So I'm hopeful but not wanting to get too hopeful. I certainly think he'd be agreeable. :lol:
I hope he has found his loving permanent home with YOU. If there are other people involved, they are/were irresponsible in letting him out, and they should not have cats in their care.
Well, I have a connection to your little tux prince -- I broke my elbow quite badly when I was 9. So I empathize. :redheartpump::bicolorcat::redheartpump::loveeyes:

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope he has found his loving permanent home with YOU. If there are other people involved, they are/were irresponsible in letting him out, and they should not have cats in their care.
Well, I have a connection to your little tux prince -- I broke my elbow quite badly when I was 9. So I empathize. :redheartpump::bicolorcat::redheartpump::loveeyes:
I fully agree with you he would definitely become a indoor boy and get what he needs. Here in the UK most cat's are indoor/outdoor unfortunately. But more rescues are insisting on indoor only so we are heading in the right direction. And I'm keeping everything crossed he stays with me. That must of hurt breaking your elbow at 9 hope it healed well for you.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I fully agree with you he would definitely become a indoor boy and get what he needs. Here in the UK most cat's are indoor/outdoor unfortunately. But more rescues are insisting on indoor only so we are heading in the right direction. And I'm keeping everything crossed he stays with me. That must of hurt breaking your elbow at 9 hope it healed well for you.
Yes, I know about the UK position on allowing cats outdoors and I think it's reprehensible. There are far too many dangers to relinquish responsibility over someone who should be a beloved family member. Responsible parents don't let their toddler kids run the streets. This is comparable to how they should care for cats. Times change. So should people when necessary.
Yes, I knocked the growth center out of my elbow so surgery was required. Getting those stitches out was one of the most painful things I've ever experienced, but all is normal now.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh gosh poor you, but glad it's all good now. Yes times do change when I was young we had indoor/outdoor cat's lost 2 to car's. Didn't get another cat for over 30 years. Then when my daughter got a cat I actually asked her why she was keeping him indoors. She sent me a pros and cons list of reasons. It's a no brainer indoor. That's when I released I could get another cat and not have to worry about letting it outside. I released the reason I'd not got a cat as a adult was I was terrified of something happening to it going out. I still get asked now why I'm keeping them locked up. My reply is because I want them alive.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a darling boy, and I hope he has his forever home with you! Agree entirely about keeping cats indoors, and fortunately the tide is turning that way in Australia - local laws require cats to be in at night and on the owner's property during the day in some places, iirc. They certainly do where I live now.

Maybe Lucky will be like Daisy - she was at the pound and then the RSPCA, and her unspeakable owners, whoever they were, made no effort to claim her.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh gosh poor you, but glad it's all good now. Yes times do change when I was young we had indoor/outdoor cat's lost 2 to car's. Didn't get another cat for over 30 years. Then when my daughter got a cat I actually asked her why she was keeping him indoors. She sent me a pros and cons list of reasons. It's a no brainer indoor. That's when I released I could get another cat and not have to worry about letting it outside. I released the reason I'd not got a cat as a adult was I was terrified of something happening to it going out. I still get asked now why I'm keeping them locked up. My reply is because I want them alive.
"Locked up"? What an antiquated notion. People are out of touch with reality if they think that. I would think that anyone who's ever lost a cat to any of the many outdoor dangers would educate themselves, wherever they live.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a darling boy, and I hope he has his forever home with you! Agree entirely about keeping cats indoors, and fortunately the tide is turning that way in Australia - local laws require cats to be in at night and on the owner's property during the day in some places, iirc. They certainly do where I live now.

Maybe Lucky will be like Daisy - she was at the pound and then the RSPCA, and her unspeakable owners, whoever they were, made no effort to claim her.
I hope so but I think because I would be searching high and low for mine I'm thinking someone might come for him. He really is a sweetheart and I would love to give him his forever home. Daisy hit the jackpot getting someone like you. Hope I can do the same for lucky.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"Locked up"? What an antiquated notion. People are out of touch with reality if they think that. I would think that anyone who's ever lost a cat to any of the many outdoor dangers would educate themselves, wherever they live.
Yep I fully agree being a educated owner now. I wish more would relize. Your right.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope so but I think because I would be searching high and low for mine I'm thinking someone might come for him. He really is a sweetheart and I would love to give him his forever home. Daisy hit the jackpot getting someone like you. Hope I can do the same for lucky.
Thank you!
I'd have thought so too, I'd have been searching everywhere - I did back in the day when I had indoor-outdoor cats and Mamie got herself locked in a shed - but these people had neither microchipped Daisy nor had her spayed. Had Lucky been neutered before he was handed in? Are cats registered or chipped in the UK?

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you!
I'd have thought so too, I'd have been searching everywhere - I did back in the day when I had indoor-outdoor cats and Mamie got herself locked in a shed - but these people had neither microchipped Daisy nor had her spayed. Had Lucky been neutered before he was handed in? Are cats registered or chipped in the UK?
He hasn't been neutered or microchiped. The law has just changed here I think it's June this year it becomes compulsory to chip your cat by 20 weeks.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That suggests to me his "owners" didn't care and hopefully will never darken his doorstep again.
I vehemently agree. I guess a lot of people are still back in the era of "owning" living beings and calling them/thinking of them as "pets" when those of us who are educated and truly love our cats would never think of "owning" them or any other living being, and know they are FAMILY.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I vehemently agree. I guess a lot of people are still back in the era of "owning" living beings and calling them/thinking of them as "pets" when those of us who are educated and truly love our cats would never think of "owning" them or any other living being, and know they are FAMILY.
I wasn't even using thinking of that aspect when I used the quotation marks, only that these unmentionables aren't fit to have animals, but you're right! I am my girls' owner legally and when it comes to responsibilities, but they're my family indeed,

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wasn't even using thinking of that aspect when I used the quotation marks, only that these unmentionables aren't fit to have animals, but you're right! I am my girls' owner legally and when it comes to responsibilities, but they're my family indeed,
As a person who undoubtedly had ancestors who were owned, in reality, I have a serious problem with that term and concept as it relates to any living beings, especially those I love the most. Fortunately, with all of its problems, the US, or at least CA, has progressed far enough that cats with guardians can be legally protected.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As a person who undoubtedly had ancestors who were owned, in reality, I have a serious problem with that term and concept as it relates to any living beings, especially those I love the most. Fortunately, with all of its problems, the US, or at least CA, has progressed far enough that cats with guardians can be legally protected.
That certainly gives a very different and personal aspect to the use of the word. :hugs:

Back to the thread, crossed fingers and counting the days till Lucky has his furever home with Tik cat's mum Tik cat's mum !

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That certainly gives a very different and personal aspect to the use of the word. :hugs:

Back to the thread, crossed fingers and counting the days till Lucky has his furever home with Tik cat's mum Tik cat's mum !
Yes! *I was born and raised "with cat" so I have that PURRspective on the matter, as well.*