Lucas has demodex in his ears :(

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, I think that is GREAT news that he has not lost any weight!!! AND he is tolerating the increased Ivermectin. I am happy to hear that the vet thinks he looks good and the medications are working. Sending more prayers to Lucas that this will continue throughout this whole process of clearing the Demodex. :cross: :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

Also, loads and loads of hugs to you, Tammy. Keep holding on!!! I think Lucas will get through this and end up better off than ever before. :cross: :hugs: :cross: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow, Tammy, this is wonderful news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: I'm SO HAPPY he's tolerating the ivermectin so far! :woohoo: Keeping up the vibes he continues to do (relatively) well with it so he can finish the course - and maybe not NEED the pred any longer! :cross: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: !!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you Lauren and Laurie
 You both have always been there for us when LUcas has his crisis and well as  more of you and I  appreciate all of you so much!

Lucas has been sleeping for most of the day today.  I worry, but he looks fine, I woke him up to eat two times, because he just sleeps too much.  I think it is the fact that he is taking prozac everyday again.  But at least he ate.

His eyes are all better and I took a look inside his ears today and I have to say, they are looking better. But there is a long road ahead, we are only on week three of his 8 week treatment.

Hugs to all:)

Tammy and Lucas

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Only 5 weeks to go, I so hope t flies over, but it is great t read you are noticing Lucas's ears and eyes are looking better! thats really good and long may that continue!!! 

(((hugs)))

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you, yes I hope time flies , I'm a little stressed about the whole ivermectim situation.  Everytime I give it to him I worry about him getting sick, can't help it.

I've had a pretty bad morning so far, I've been up since 6am because Lucas got on top of me and he had tremors all over, I was scared to death, he hasn't been like that since we started him on prozac, so I gave it to him early and covered him with a blanket just in case he was cold.  I gave him massages and a half an hour later he stopped trembling.  I don't know what happened and he was also acting like he had trouble swallowing, you know, like when we have throat pain.  He is asleep now and looks better, but he didn't have his breakfast

I was thinking he could have a hairball and maybe he was in pain, because he started coughing.  I don't know,

I will be watching him the rest of the morning and I will have my mom watch him during the afternoon,  I will take him to the vet again if I see something wrong.

I'm trying to stay calm for him, but I feel stressed and Im having some stomach pains myself, I have to calm down. Is just that I hate to see him sick.

Tammy

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hope Lucas is feeling better today and that the tremors are gone. So sorry you both are going through such a rough time. Hope today was a good day. :cross: :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you all so much, I will continue updating Lucas' progress in the thread I have in the pics section:

Lucas photo update:)

Hugs to all

Tammy