Lost Fifi-girl ..

sugarspacebunny

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi Just found this site while searching for "cat missing for x weeks". Our 3 yr old long haired tabby has been missing 2 weeks today and I have been so stressed out looking for her. We have done the flyers, posters, neighbours, and have food out with a trail cam. So far nobody has called us about a sighting of any kind of tabby--only the other 3 cats (totally different colours) around here that dominate the area. Everyone we have talked to have been very nice but I am just very saddened that there have been no sightings. Fifi rarely ever leaves our property when she is out. She loves to lounge around the yard, and always comes back in the same day, multiple times a day.
When we had adopted her, she was so stressed that she wouldn't eat at the shelter so theyhad to have a feeding tube placed. I feel so sad that she might just be in that same state again, all beat up. On the odd day I get so depressed about it (which I suffer regularly from), I am unable to go do my rounds to find her, and my husband has to go alone :'(

Attachments

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
She's lovely, and I know your heart is breaking with worry. Make sure to call all local shelters/animal control and veterinarians' offices. Also, check with local radio and television stations. Some do a "Lost and Found Pets" segment at some point during the week, and I've never heard of one that charged for it. Also, go out at night looking for her with a flashlight. That will allow you to see eyeshine if she is hiding somewhere. Look in small places. Cats LOVE small places, especially frightened cats.

Above all, DO NOT GIVE UP YET! Cats are remarkably resilient creatures and survive against all odds. Keep us posted on this. I'm so glad that you found us in your time of need but so sorry that it couldn't have been a happier meeting. Lots of :vibes::vibes::vibes:coming your way, and a big :hugs:.

Ardina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Don't be discouraged! There's still hope - people have had cats return after months. She may have gotten scared by something, ran away, and can't find her way back. You can lay out a trail of her used litter, and the scent may draw her back. Fingers crossed that she comes back!

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! I am so sorry that your cat is missing - most of us have been in your situation :alright:
You are doing what you can, and I will add Fifi and your family to my prayers. Did the shelter have her history? If she refused to eat at the shelter, there is a good chance that she is semi-feral and prefers to be outdoors and is able to fend for herself.
Are you in an area where there are dogs at large or hawks and owls? She looks like she has some Forest Cat or Maine Coon in her ( incredibly beautiful cat) and if so, she is naturally equipped to fend for herself, esp. during the warm months. Also, people often keep "lost" cats because they assume the cat is abandoned.
Be strong - your sadness is because you love dear Fifi so very, very much! And we here do understand! You can Private Message any one of us, at any time :agree:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sugarspacebunny

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you everyone for the support! I lose sleep over this every night waking up at every little sound! We adopted her fairly overweight so it seemed like she was someone else's cat once, and loves company.

catsknowme catsknowme Yes she must have some Maine coon in her. Without grooming she gets pretty matted. She is probably really matted right now -_-;;;

We have 2 other cats that look similar, just older. These 2 are really used to having outdoor access, so they're a bit nutty right now staying indoors. Since our cats have been in, the dominating cats have roamed our yard a lot. Would it help with Fifi in any way if I let them out? I keep wondering if the other cats are keeping Fifi from coming back--they're not very nice to our cats.

sugarspacebunny

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Alas I had to take our 2 cats back in the same day I let them out. Unfortunately there is a psycho in our town that is dismembering cats. I don't have cable and I don't listen to the radio so I had no idea this started all the way in July! :( ... I only found out after this whole search thing started for Fifi >< ... Police have not found the person yet but have found more bodies.

karen dsupin

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My Charlie (Avatar) is also missing. He has been gone for 4 days now and the heart break is unbearable. I keep reading all these stories that other peoples cats have gone missing and they come home. All I do is hope, pray and CRY A Lot that my Charlie will come back home.

sugarspacebunny

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My Charlie (Avatar) is also missing. He has been gone for 4 days now and the heart break is unbearable. I keep reading all these stories that other peoples cats have gone missing and they come home. All I do is hope, pray and CRY A Lot that my Charlie will come back home.
Others' stories are the only thing keeping me going! That and knowing I am not alone in grieving so much. Many people around me think "it's just a cat"... Hope your Charlie returns soon!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't give up, after a snow storm my little Mollie went missing for a week, I really believed she was snowed in a shed and died. Then here she came! My Russell is a feral tom, and he often disappears for a week or more. He's ten now, I hope some day he gets too old. Get on one of those buy and sell programs that are free on your local radio station, give your general area and Charlie's description. You wouldn't believe how many people listen to those, especially older people who are home all the time and more likely to notice strange cats. Good luck!

karen dsupin

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Others' stories are the only thing keeping me going! That and knowing I am not alone in grieving so much. Many people around me think "it's just a cat"... Hope your Charlie returns soon!
Thank you, I can't believe how many cats are missing. I wish they knew the heart ache they are creating. I pray that every one comes home, my life seems to have stopped.

karen dsupin

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Alas I had to take our 2 cats back in the same day I let them out. Unfortunately there is a psycho in our town that is dismembering cats. I don't have cable and I don't listen to the radio so I had no idea this started all the way in July! :( ... I only found out after this whole search thing started for Fifi >< ... Police have not found the person yet but have found more bodies.
I hope they find that person soon. That is really pscho.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:vibes::vibes::vibes: Prayers of protection and guidance for the a.w.o.l. kitties, and for comfort and encouragement for their families.
I wish the monsters who harm kitties, kids and little dogs, would be stopped one way or another. Communities need to become alert and ready to become involved - make the hunter become the prey of those able to fight back!

sugarspacebunny

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yesterday was one of the hardest days yet. I finally just broke down and cried when I realized nobody else around me will keep searching and hoping.
It just makes me think of all the cats I've had the pleasure to know.
I had a family cat (with parents) go missing before and never came back. I waited every day for a year at least. We lived on a busy street and cats just got hit so often so I knew there was a really slim chance of survival. Then another cat (again when I was my parents) ran out of the house when I was on vacation for the first time. Poor thing got hit and managed to drag his way back home... We had to surrender him to the humane society because the bills were way beyond us at the time, and we wanted to keep him alive because he fought so hard to come home to us. I think he got adopted pretty soon after that as I was watching the adoption pages.
Years later when I moved out and my parents moved in with us, they took my sister's cat in. Being an indoor cat all his life he managed to dart out during the winter! The week was so stormy we thought he had to be a goner. That old guy managed to find his way home within a week. The snow had to have gone at least 4 ft! I thought that was such a dang miracle.
Fifi is my husband and I's 3rd cat. She came to our home in Feb of last year. It hasn't been long at all but I grew sooo attached to her. I doted on her furry butt way more than the other 2 cats since they liked doing their own thing most of the time ^^;;; Fifi always followed me because she knew I would rub her and play fetch with her. Sigh.. I miss her so much. I remember the one other time she slipped out at night and I found her the next morning all frail at our door. She obviusly got in trouble with a raccoon or some other cat. Poor thing was barely keeping herself together--but she came back because she was able. She always hung around no matter what. This jus tmakes me think of the worst because she couldn't drag herself back... How far did she go? How hurt is she? ...
Sorry had to just let it out. It's just getting so hard since there has been no sightings of any kind of tabbys in our area.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:alright: Too many of us here can relate to the distress that you are enduring. The "not knowing" is terrible; the lack of closure is mental torture. Some cats are like "soulmates", just as some people become our spouses, our best friends, our trusted co-workers. Just so you know, Fifi is on my "prayer list", so you are not alone. And for those on my list,I have seem some impressive answers as well as some not-spectacular-but-still-encouraging results - keeping Fifi&you in my prayers and in my thoughts :vibes::vibes: Susan

sugarspacebunny

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
:alright: Too many of us here can relate to the distress that you are enduring. The "not knowing" is terrible; the lack of closure is mental torture. Some cats are like "soulmates", just as some people become our spouses, our best friends, our trusted co-workers. Just so you know, Fifi is on my "prayer list", so you are not alone. And for those on my list,I have seem some impressive answers as well as some not-spectacular-but-still-encouraging results - keeping Fifi&you in my prayers and in my thoughts :vibes::vibes: Susan
Thank you for keeping Fifi in your thoughts :hearthrob::hearthrob::hearthrob::hearthrob::hearthrob::hearthrob::hearthrob: I am so glad I have found this site and the many cat lovers. I am currently printing off another 210 half sheet flyers for another round. :crossfingers:

vyger

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Besides the many stories of cats that have gone missing there are also numerous stories of people who have taken in stray cats and taken care of them. I know I do that, take care of the wanderers, give them snacks and protection. A few have stayed forever and a few have gone away, possibly back to where they came from, possible on to better places. So a cat going missing is not always a bad horror story. For all we know she is being held hostage by a 10 year old girl who has found her dream kitty and has informed her parents that it is HER cat period. You just never know. I read one experience where their cat was gone for 6 months and then just showed up wanting in. Another was gone for 3 years and just walked back into their lives like it had been out for a short stroll. It is not all bad all the time. I realize that it is the not knowing more than anything else that causes the worry. It is hard to stay positive.

As an example ---- This is orbit. She just showed up one day. I actually think she was dumped but no way of knowing for sure. I named her orbit because she used to circle around and around me just out of reach. She wanted to be around me but was just to afraid. Her orbits got smaller and smaller until one day she stopped being afraid. Now she flops down in front of me demanding to get her tummy rubbed. In the picture she is about to pop because of the kittens she has. Little stinker managed to have 3 litters before I could get her fixed. The timing with the clinics was always off. Anyway, now 4 going on 5 years later she, and one of her kittens is still here. Not so bad an ending.
Orbit.jpg

sugarspacebunny

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Besides the many stories of cats that have gone missing there are also numerous stories of people who have taken in stray cats and taken care of them. I know I do that, take care of the wanderers, give them snacks and protection. A few have stayed forever and a few have gone away, possibly back to where they came from, possible on to better places. So a cat going missing is not always a bad horror story. For all we know she is being held hostage by a 10 year old girl who has found her dream kitty and has informed her parents that it is HER cat period. You just never know. I read one experience where their cat was gone for 6 months and then just showed up wanting in. Another was gone for 3 years and just walked back into their lives like it had been out for a short stroll. It is not all bad all the time. I realize that it is the not knowing more than anything else that causes the worry. It is hard to stay positive.

As an example ---- This is orbit. She just showed up one day. I actually think she was dumped but no way of knowing for sure. I named her orbit because she used to circle around and around me just out of reach. She wanted to be around me but was just to afraid. Her orbits got smaller and smaller until one day she stopped being afraid. Now she flops down in front of me demanding to get her tummy rubbed. In the picture she is about to pop because of the kittens she has. Little stinker managed to have 3 litters before I could get her fixed. The timing with the clinics was always off. Anyway, now 4 going on 5 years later she, and one of her kittens is still here. Not so bad an ending. View attachment 193563
I would rather her be taken hostage by a 10 yr old that may be persuaded to give her back if her parents knew, than trapped somewhere dead for sure. All of my hope is pouring towards her showing up before winter...